Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYRexall

What about now? Do they still need him now?

Vesanic

More than ever, I think.

gui

Chino would still croon, whatever the producer.

I like the production on there alot.

Corleone

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 08, 2012, 07:25 AM
More than ever, I think.

He is the lost member, besides chi. :(

Vesanic

Quote from: gui on Nov 08, 2012, 07:27 AM

I'm not sure Terry would have been happy with his DE/KNY style of vocals.

Electron§

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 08, 2012, 07:46 AM
Quote from: gui on Nov 08, 2012, 07:27 AM

I'm not sure Terry would have been happy with his DE/KNY style of vocals.

Exactly, obviously Terry didn't have much of a problem with Chino crooning, since he did do it back in the old days. Its just it had a much different more genuine feel and it sounded a lot more like it was in the room with you, rather than all big and bold like it does on all the albums since Diamond Eyes.

Inkblades

sing blue silver

Vesanic

The new official SL joke, eh? Let's make a combo, then.

Two more hours.

BOO-YAH!

SquealLikeaPig

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 08, 2012, 10:25 PM
The new official SL joke, eh? Let's make a combo, then.

Two more hours.

BOO-YAH!

Damn man, I wish you would have put a NSFW label on that.

Vesanic

I wish the person who did the joke to me would have too.

scatterbrain

You guys and that lemonparty shit.......
two more hours
im me and thats all ill ever be

tarkil

Ha ha ! Gotta love that shit...   :)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

xToxin

I'm starting to think this is all a cover up, the band and Chino are saying 'we don't want to release it till Chi comes back' but I think they pretty much know it's not going to happen. He more than likely won't recover enough to play bass with them again. The label doesn't like Eros and the band knows that, I've heard bands get in binds with the label, the label owns the music, not even Deftones own it even though they made it. So the label isn't going to ever release this. If Deftones don't have rights to release it then it's all one big cover up.

So i doubt' we will ever hear this album.

DeftonesNZ

I doubt that the studio would never have let them get that close to a finished album if they didn't approve of it since SNW the record company have been wanting to hear what the guys are doing so its not like they didn't hear it.And they say best case scenario they would want Chi to be able to see it but they're not going to hold out for that Stephen said in an interview he wanted to release with Diamond Eyes i think it's just what they say it is and they didn't want to put out an album that didn't capture that time and can you imagine having to tour those songs without Chi that would be heartbreaking for the guys,releasing Eros now would be a mistake they've built alot of momentum with Sergio and the new stuff i think Eros will be a parting gift to the fans

Electron§

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Nov 10, 2012, 02:18 AM
I doubt that the studio would never have let them get that close to a finished album if they didn't approve of it since SNW the record company have been wanting to hear what the guys are doing so its not like they didn't hear it.And they say best case scenario they would want Chi to be able to see it but they're not going to hold out for that Stephen said in an interview he wanted to release with Diamond Eyes i think it's just what they say it is and they didn't want to put out an album that didn't capture that time and can you imagine having to tour those songs without Chi that would be heartbreaking for the guys,releasing Eros now would be a mistake they've built alot of momentum with Sergio and the new stuff i think Eros will be a parting gift to the fans

I think it would have been awesome if they released it along with Diamond Eyes. Two albums at once? Thats a rarity for a band that takes three years per album. But of course, Deftones being Deftones, they hold back on us with the cool shit....

Electron§

I wanna see someone try to cover some of the snippets we heard from this album so we can get a different perspective on it

SIGH

Anyone else feel like "KNY" has some re-worked Eros material??

Was this not their fastest album (writing/recording time-wise)?

Visitant

Quote from: SIGH on Nov 16, 2012, 07:10 PM
Anyone else feel like "KNY" has some re-worked Eros material??

Was this not their fastest album (writing/recording time-wise)?

No.
"I really can't help it.  It's either this or prison."