Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

only pieces remain

i've never seen that pic, awesome.

from_musings

Quote from: pony_01 on Nov 29, 2012, 09:18 AM

i dunno... looks like chino pee'd himself. still dig all the stuff regarding eros, doesn't matter if it's pictures of clips of music. guess i bought the hype/mystery about it. i wonder if we will hear it someday. still wonder IF they're gonna release it, what will they do about the tracks without finished vocals? 45 year old chino putting vocals on stuff he wrote when he was like 35.. the sound of his voice will sound different than the 2008 voice

RoyBiggins

@musings
Big Roy has also contiplated the dilemma pertaining to the vocals. Chef Royardee believes Eros will not be released in its entirety but only the tracks vocals have been completed for. Maybe a 7 track album or so. It's also possible Chino will record the vocals all over again. I hope not.

DeftonesNZ

Interesting point about the vocals but I think if they release they'll do it properly

ignore the fashion

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Nov 17, 2012, 10:58 AM
Deftines eros in studio 2008 Clip 2

Everytime I see this I see it soooooooo far away :(

I didn't have internet around this time and missed out of all of the Eros clips and stuff, are there more videos like so?

M1GHTY M4VS

yeah Eros Clips 1 to 5 atleast

samson simpson

Quote from: from_musings on Nov 30, 2012, 12:36 AM
Quote from: pony_01 on Nov 29, 2012, 09:18 AM

i dunno... looks like chino pee'd himself. still dig all the stuff regarding eros, doesn't matter if it's pictures of clips of music. guess i bought the hype/mystery about it. i wonder if we will hear it someday. still wonder IF they're gonna release it, what will they do about the tracks without finished vocals? 45 year old chino putting vocals on stuff he wrote when he was like 35.. the sound of his voice will sound different than the 2008 voice

i miss Chi

Electron§

Why has this not leaked yet? Someone who's heard it, leak this shit. Stephen, Sergio, Shaun Lopez, do what needs to be done.

Or....... no... no....

Frank.

You leak it.

No one will suspect you. You'll be safe.

from_musings

@Chef Royardee

I would easily prefer 7 original eros songs with the 2008 recorded vocals, that captures that time, how it was meant to sound - over 11 new versions by an older chino today - that is in a different mindset. if chino would re-record the songs with new vocals and then release them, it would take about an hour before the fans would say "ok cool, but i really wonder how the REAL Eros sounds" me included.

only pieces remain

yeah. just leave the tracks without vocals the way they are. a few instrumentals and the 7 or so recorded tracks would be sweet.

sooniletugo

I get you guys' point but I'd prefer Chino recording vocals over them, instead of just releasing the instrumentals, personally. And I think that's what will happen if/when it's time for Eros to come out.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah i would definitely want vocals as well, hearing some of those team sleep demos it sucks that Chino's not on them i think it'd be the same for this

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: only pieces remain on Dec 01, 2012, 11:54 PM
yeah. just leave the tracks without vocals the way they are. a few instrumentals and the 7 or so recorded tracks would be sweet.
thats the way it will be bc it will get leaked that way. Chino will never add vocals to this old material. No time or desire to i think. Eros is Eros the way it is. Thats it in its complete stage now. And I like it this way too man. I remember following it week by week w the clips n such and don't want it to change if we hear what they did!
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

DeftonesNZ

Sort of depends if he has lyrics written for those songs I know the singing won't be the same but it's mainly the lyrics that would be hard to create especially now their not in that state of mind

chuckles

I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

Bza々

No way. Leak the shit as is. We want to taste the vibe that was then. Not that sound tainted by a 2012 Chino. If Team Sleep ever did more shit I don't want Chino going and putting down vocals on Formant or some shit. 2012 sounds for 2012 chino and vice versa. Leave the classic shit be.

from_musings

what if chino's vocals are some really sinister badass shit on the 2008 recordings, but then this happy chino today change them and put commercial OoOooohUuuuaaah choruses on the whole thing. that would be so sad

DeftonesNZ

Yeah that would be my worry that's why i would be ok if he just recorded vocals he had already written  but i would be worried about him writing new stuff

ignore the fashion

I think if anything they should just release what's already been completed even if it is just 7 or 8 songs.

Ventrex

Quote from: ignore the fashion on Nov 30, 2012, 08:18 AM
Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Nov 17, 2012, 10:58 AM
Deftines eros in studio 2008 Clip 2

Everytime I see this I see it soooooooo far away :(

I didn't have internet around this time and missed out of all of the Eros clips and stuff, are there more videos like so?

Just look at the first post of this thread. Vesanic sorted all the stuff of the Eros era. ;)