Previous topic - Next topic

gui

you guys are so full of shit. god.

RoyBiggins

Quote from: gui on Dec 03, 2012, 02:58 AM
you guys are so full of shit. god.

Are you joking? Or are you just being a badass? Big Roy wants to know

GrandeJano

so funny how people grab on to eros to get a last bit of "the old days", even though nobody really knows if its gonna be good stuff. Things you could hear til today didnt impress me really. Except of the introgroove on those "in the studio" - snippets.

RoyBiggins

What things did you hear other than the intro snippet and Melanie?

DeftonesNZ

There's small bit's of Abe of Stephen rehearsing and sometimes you can hear guitar in the background,The guitar tone is nicely crunchy to

GrandeJano

Quote from: RoyBiggins on Dec 04, 2012, 12:12 PM
What things did you hear other than the intro snippet and Melanie?

exactly. theres that one introthing that sounds cool and thats like 10secs or something and the rest  you can hear is average jamming/rehearsal room demo stuff and melanie doesnt sound cool to me at all. Thats why Im wondering why apparently so many people seem to be in desperate need of that "album". Theres no other reason than the hope for eros being amazing because chi was still playing and it was made in the older days.

DeftonesNZ

Nah it's probably because of how dark it's mean't to be, apparently still the most dark and twisted stuff they've done to date and that usually means some good unorthodox music when Deftones are like that

GrandeJano

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Dec 04, 2012, 12:45 PM
Nah it's probably because of how dark it's mean't to be, apparently still the most dark and twisted stuff they've done to date and that usually means some good unorthodox music when Deftones are like that

ok, I get that.

sing blue silver

I just want to hear the last record made by the Deftones I grew up with. My interest in the album lies almost entirely in Melanie and Chi still being around. I don't have any expectations about the music whether its dark or experimental or the "old" Deftones but just to hear the last album Chi played on.

DeftonesNZ

I just want to hear it out of curiosity,I think some people have built it up in their heads to a point where the actual album can never live up I've even some people say it's better than KNY after not hearing a single studio track from Eros.

ghettovaquero

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Mar 23, 2010, 02:37 PM
Quote from: pissedandpierced on Oct 11, 2007, 11:54 PM
A friend of mine in Sacramento messaged me the following information regarding the new album, this is what he has heard about it:

"The new album will have longer songs, think 6 minutes or more, guitar solos, even more synth/keys/fx from Frank, lyrically will be more straightforward rather than cryptic, there will be more complex song structures, more guitar from chino, and faster drums (more double bass). Chi got a 6 string bass he's using on most songs and a fretless 5 string. Steph is using a new custom 8 string baritone guitar. Chino is using a lot of FX on his guitar parts so it doesn't even really sound like guitar that much.

Sounds like Koi No Yokan

Electron§

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Dec 04, 2012, 12:45 PM

I don't know where you've gotten that it was supposed to be THE darkest album, I always just heard it was going to be as aggressive and dark as the older stuff.

Quote from: sing blue silver on Dec 04, 2012, 02:48 PM
I just want to hear the last record made by the Deftones I grew up with.

Amen.

DeftonesNZ

Chino said it multiple times in the past and more recently in a interview from a couple of week's ago he said he starting playing some of the Eros songs on Abe's laptop and he had forgotten how dark and heavy it was,the video is Part 1 of the CraveOnline interview, But you can't always trust Chino lol

Electron§

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Dec 05, 2012, 01:37 PM
Chino said it multiple times in the past and more recently in a interview from a couple of week's ago he said he starting playing some of the Eros songs on Abe's laptop and he had forgotten how dark and heavy it was,the video is Part 1 of the CraveOnline interview, But you can't always trust Chino lol

I just watched the interview, he says its a really good song and it was really heavy, but not like sonically heavy, but like in terms of the lyrics and the whole vibe of the song. So.... Idk?

DeftonesNZ

Yea he was basically saying it was dark thematically I don't know what it's it like compared self titled but they've always said it's really dark

Electron§

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Dec 05, 2012, 01:57 PM
Yea he was basically saying it was dark thematically I don't know what it's it like compared self titled but they've always said it's really dark

The intro song in the clips kind of reminds me of "Deathblow" for some reason....

DeftonesNZ

I think. i may be wrong that it ended up as Beauty school

Electron§

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Dec 05, 2012, 02:03 PM
I think. i may be wrong that it ended up as Beauty school

Been denied multiple times by Ves and others. I doubt it myself regardless, because I don't really see too big of a similarity. I think if anything it was kind of an unconscious repetition of ideas.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah i doubt it aswell it's probably just because it's around the same frets as Beauty School i don't really see a resemblance in the structure

Electron§

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Dec 05, 2012, 02:17 PM
Yeah i doubt it aswell it's probably just because it's around the same frets as Beauty School i don't really see a resemblance in the structure

Also... "Beauty School" means nothing to me.....

That intro hurts my soul.... In the weirdest and best way possible  :o :D

Big difference  :P