Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pony_01

Quote from: Electron§ on Dec 05, 2012, 02:19 PM
Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Dec 05, 2012, 02:17 PM
Yeah i doubt it aswell it's probably just because it's around the same frets as Beauty School i don't really see a resemblance in the structure

Also... "Beauty School" means nothing to me.....

That intro hurts my soul.... In the weirdest and best way possible  :o :D

Big difference  :P

just had this sudden clarity
does 'beauty school' is a story about getting blow job by cute high school girl???
check out the chorus

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

;D AWESOME HAHAHAHA
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Yeah i doubt it aswell it's probably just because it's around the same frets as Beauty School i don't really see a resemblance in the structure
I'm sure i heard the band say numerous times that DE and KNY are completely and thoroughly new. Shit ain't recycled guys, seriously already, lol. I mean how hard is it for them to write new? Not hard. Not Beauty School
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

DeftonesNZ

Yeah it didn't mean it was on Eros it could have just been the riff they done it before written a riff and not used but then used it on the next album

rainnyx4

I remember around the time of Eros there were some other "voyeuristic" type videos going around.  You could see better about how they were playing that song.  Chino was on bass and Chi was playing the guitar.  Chi was playing that riff well above the 12 fret mark.  Beauty School is played much lower.

The song has a similar vibe but if you're going to say it's the same song reworked just based on the vibe, then you're going to have to say that all of their spacey songs are really just reworked Konami Codes.

It's not the same song.

DeftonesNZ

That doesn't matter it's dependant on tuning Beauty school is Drop C and is around the 6th fret but you can also play it up past 12 with a different tuning  I've seen tabs that are in a lower tuning and are up past 12 and it sounds exactly the same

lungdamage

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Dec 06, 2012, 05:37 AM

I remember around the time of Eros there were some other "voyeuristic" type videos going around.  You could see better about how they were playing that song.  Chino was on bass and Chi was playing the guitar.  Chi was playing that riff well above the 12 fret mark.  Beauty School is played much lower.

The song has a similar vibe but if you're going to say it's the same song reworked just based on the vibe, then you're going to have to say that all of their spacey songs are really just reworked Konami Codes.

It's not the same song.

the first time i heard the start of beauty school, i thought 'waaaaaait a second' ;) reminded me of the intro to all the eros 'in the studio' clips too

rainnyx4

Again they've got similar vibes but they're not the same song.

I think it's funny that so many people are comparing those songs and yet no one ever talks about how so many of their songs are just variations of Engine #9.

DeftonesNZ

Of course there not the same song but they could have started with that riff and mixed it up to make the beauty school it just sounds like that riff could have evolved into Beauty school I'm not the only one who's said it reminds them of it look at the comments of those videos,They don't even have the same vibe Beauty school is alot more upbeat the notes just sound similar.I don't even know what your'e talking about with Engine #9 can you give some examples?

rainnyx4

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Dec 06, 2012, 06:10 AM
Of course there not the same song but they could have started with that riff and mixed it up to make the beauty school it just sounds like that riff could have evolved into Beauty school I'm not the only one who's said it reminds them of it look at the comments of those videos,They don't even have the same vibe Beauty school is alot more upbeat the notes just sound similar.I don't even know what your'e talking about with Engine #9 can you give some examples?

Engine #9 -> Headup -> Elite

Also, Korea -> Bloody Cape -> Royal (to a lesser extent)

DeftonesNZ

Do you actually play guitar? I can see the similarities between head up and elite but all the rest just aren't close Royal if anything would be with Head up ,Also Korea and Bloody Cape are way different Korea changes alot more Bloody Cape is more repetitive

rainnyx4

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Dec 06, 2012, 07:42 AM
Do you actually play guitar? I can see the similarities between head up and elite but all the rest just aren't close Royal if anything would be with Head up ,Also Korea and Bloody Cape are way different Korea changes alot more Bloody Cape is more repetitive

Yeah I guess I've been playing guitar about 16 years now.

Engine #9, Headup, and Elite are all played in the same area of the guitar with a really similar groove (though in different tunings).  They're incredibly similar.  One of my only gripes with this band is when they occasionally get lazy and plagiarize themselves.

Korea and Bloody Cape have that same sort of pull off thing on the strings (and like I said, Royal to a lesser extent).

My point is, these songs have way more in common with each other than the Eros clip and Beauty School do.  And they didn't evolve into each other.  They're all separate distinct songs from different points in time.

From all information we have, Eros was essentially done except for the vocals.  Why would they be putting studio clips and include a song that doesn't even make the album?

The band has also said they started over from scratch.  Apparently, everything from that era didn't represent them artistically when they went to write Diamond Eyes.  Yet, people seem to think that this one riff was OK to rehash?  Doesn't make any sense.

They're different songs.  If we ever see Eros, I can guarantee we'll hear this song in it's entirety on the album.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah i even said myself earlier that I doubt it but it could be possible sometimes you write a cool little riff and don't use it for years then eventually you get song for it ,They do copy themselves sometimes but it's not usually obvious unless you play the songs because with the changes in tuning people don't usually notice ,I think that's ok as long as it's not too similar alot of bands do it worse tot the point you can't tell them apart easily.

TheyCallMeP

April 1st, Deftones should release Diamond Eyes and Koi No Yokan as a double disc and title it Eros.

sooniletugo

I hope they someday release the song with that intro that's often compared to Beauty School. Way better. Instantly gives me chills. It could very well be my favourite Deftones song if it was released. I'm curious for the studio version of Melanie too, and of course the rest of the Eros material, just for that missing piece of the puzzle between SNW and DE.

dictatesofreason

Quote from: TheyCallMeP on Dec 08, 2012, 06:41 PM
April 1st, Deftones should release Diamond Eyes and Koi No Yokan as a double disc and title it Eros.

thats fucking retarded

TheyCallMeP

Quote from: dictatesofreason on Dec 21, 2012, 09:13 AM
Quote from: TheyCallMeP on Dec 08, 2012, 06:41 PM

thats fucking retarded

:'(

pinkmaggit69

Drinks won't stain this birth!

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: SIGH on Nov 16, 2012, 07:10 PM
Anyone else feel like "KNY" has some re-worked Eros material??

Was this not their fastest album (writing/recording time-wise)?

I kind of feel like Poltergeist is a sped-up reworked version of Finger of Death...just my take on it.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

iceache

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Jan 05, 2013, 11:43 PM
Quote from: SIGH on Nov 16, 2012, 07:10 PM
Anyone else feel like "KNY" has some re-worked Eros material??

Was this not their fastest album (writing/recording time-wise)?

I kind of feel like Poltergeist is a sped-up reworked version of Finger of Death...just my take on it.

What?

They're not even remotely similar in any musical fashion.