pinkmaggit69

Drinks won't stain this birth!

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: buddyboy101 on Mar 18, 2013, 03:47 AM
Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Mar 17, 2013, 02:58 AM
Quote from: snw9 on Mar 04, 2013, 12:28 PM
Quote from: Electron§ on Mar 03, 2013, 08:03 AM
Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Mar 03, 2013, 07:56 AM
Yeah for memory Buffalo is a SNW era song, Melanie is the Eros song. I really want to hear studio versions of both

Correct, "Buffalo/Finger of Death" was first performed in September 2004 in Anaheim at one of their shows, thats before a majority SNW songs were probably even thought of yet, so unless they planned two albums in advance, theres no way that song was supposed to be on Eros.

After deftones 2003, the SNW Era began and the writing started in 2004. From the Malibu sessions, Buffalo/Finger of Death was born.

I was at the show the day before this one ;-) I'm looking at some of those promo posters they were giving at this tours' shows (searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know spring 2005 and then another one from Taste of Chaos tour that says "Jesus Loves You-I know" and says Deftones New Album Summer 2006) and I love how uncertain/pushed back SNW was...so when were the Malibu sessions? Right after S/T tour in Spring 2004? or after the Hollywood/Anaheim HOB shows?

p.s. sorry to get off EROS topic :-)

Never saw that Taste of Chaos poster, you have a pic?  The "searching the machine" posters were from the mini-tour in fall 2004 (no 2005 shows) when the band headed to Connecticut (the tour ended in Hartford), where they would hook up with Ezrin to record SNW at the end of 2004 and early 2005.  Prior to this, they were writing in Malibu (cerca Feb-Aug 2004).

ignorethefashion just posted these in the bullshit thread...coincidence!

..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Gaz

Quote from: BunsRaisinsPies on Mar 16, 2013, 10:55 PM
I'm gonna bump this thread mainly because I found something interesting.

Searching around Google for Eros clues, I came across this graphic designer who conceptualized his idea of Eros CD packaging, complete with tentative songs and stuff. Pretty cool shit

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Deftones-Eros-CD-Packaging-Design/5725849

I have never seen that, thanks for posting it!

chuckles

Yup.. It was posted on their website.
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

buddyboy101

that's some good stuff, i think it was the background of the website at some point in 2006/2007

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

chuckles

I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

Shadow46/2

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Electron§

*Facepalm* how many years do we need to wait.... Really, Deftones, really?

TonyDanza555

The album seems to be The Holy Grail in Deftones catalogue.I cant say  Im not intrigued. Love Melanie  and demo bits. Ive spoken to Shaun Lopez after FAR reunion London ULU gig in 2008 and he said that album is basically done. We talked about Chi and stuff, but he also said that after that short UK FAR tour , he (Slopez) gonna record vocals with Chino... So music was done. Dont think Chino recorded any vocals as they scrapped the album altogether soon after...

snw9

Quote from: TonyDanza555 on Apr 03, 2013, 12:47 AM
The album seems to be The Holy Grail in Deftones catalogue.I cant say  Im not intrigued. Love Melanie  and demo bits. Ive spoken to Shaun Lopez after FAR reunion London ULU gig in 2008 and he said that album is basically done. We talked about Chi and stuff, but he also said that after that short UK FAR tour , he (Slopez) gonna record vocals with Chino... So music was done. Dont think Chino recorded any vocals as they scrapped the album altogether soon after...

No the vocals on some songs we're done, I believe they were close to half-way with the vocals from all the information I've head here in interviews. I can't find them now though.
Code: [Select]

Deftones-argentina

This is something terry said about the record. He said nothing really, but I thought I'd share anyway

As the interview ended, and being that Deftones are a large part of some peoples discography we had the opportunity to ask about the sidelined Eros record. Date was humble in his response saying,"I think because of the circumstances, it is the band's record. It is there place to make any statement about the record. Chi is a very good friend and always has been and I can only hope that he wakes up and we can see him playing bass again."(Deftones bassist Chi Cheng was involved in a terrible car accident in the latter part of 2008 that has left him in a semi-conscious state).

Source: http://kuoi.org/music/interviews/terry-date/

slyartwork

Have not said much about this record... But could this be released in like a year now since Chi passed? Would be a great thing to hear his work on this one.....
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

pinata89

Thank God, you broke the ice!  I wanted to post something about a potential Eros release on this thread earlier today, but felt it would seem too selfish or greedy--given the obvious situation at hand.

I, however, got to thinking a lot about this album (moreso than usual) and, as much as I've wanted this personally and as a fan, think it would be a great tribute to Chi and his legacy to release this album and pay homage to his impact on the band as a whole.

Call it an excuse, if you must.  But just an idea I had.

Inkblades

I think Eros will be released in the next year or two for sure. It sucks that it will finally be released due to such sad circumstances, but, as pinata89 said, it will also be a great tribute to Dai and his legacy.

Electron§

If they don't release it, I think that would almost be in bad taste. This album has twice as much importance now....

DeftonesNZ

I think it would be a fitting tribute to him, reading those blog posts from the weeks before the accident he seemed really excited to show the fans the music he sounded really proud of what they had made, Also his family have mentioned they plan on doing something to carry on his name like a charity for brain trauma or seatbelt awareness this could be a great opportunity to inject some money into a worthy cause that also honours his memory, they could have a portion of album sales go to Chi's charity and with all the people that would buy the album it would be enough to really help some people especially since I doubt many people would feel ok about pirating it.

ANattyRat

It'd be a good idea to release it, the last music Chi worked on, and everyone has wanted to hear it for ages. But do you think they will? It seems far-fetched to think they'll ever release it, just because it's become this hidden, locked-away thing that everyone wants. Hopefully they will, though, and hopefully people will look at it with the respect it deserves.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah I think they've always intended to release it but if possible they wanted Chi to be conscious for it but now that options gone I can see them doing it as a tribute to Chi instead I still don't think it'll be soon maybe in a year or two, if they do it they'll want it to be done right.