Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N0S3BLEED976

I know we'll only get something lame. I can feel it. Worst thing to me would be the band only releasing a handful of songs that "still fit their today's standpoint as a band", or even worse, rerecording the album and adjusting and tweaking it to their current style. I mean, I like KNY, but I would like Eros to be just as they used to describe it: dark, complex and heavy. Imagine an originally dark and moody song with new, "Entombed-like" vocals...

deftoolsys07

They will definitely not do any re-recording. I know I wouldn't. However, I think that when/if they decide to release something, it might only be one or two tracks that they feel are the best or most complete or best represent the rest of the album. Then after an outcry from the fans saying they want the whole thing perhaps even later they'd release it as is. But who knows.
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Inkblades

I'm assuming Chino had written vocals to all the songs and they rehearsed them as a full band. Eros had been in development since May 2007, so it was worked on for a good year and a half. It might sound odd and disconnected if one half of Eros had 08-styled vocals, and the other half had Chino's newer singing style. However, it's Chino, so I think he could pull it off. I think.

pinkmaggit69

Can they finally release Eros, and give the profits to Chi's family?

Drinks won't stain this birth!

New Murderer

Can we get a petition going or something? Haha... Was going through all the old clips again just now and I'm so interested to hear it more than ever.

defTHE1s

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Aug 21, 2011, 09:02 PM
Xo is definetively an S/T outtake, if i'm not wrong it was to be released on the bloody cape single (which never came out)
Absolutely correct.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

cvthedrv

Quote from: defTHE1s on Apr 30, 2013, 12:16 AM
Xo is definetively an S/T outtake, if i'm not wrong it was to be released on the bloody cape single (which never came out)
Absolutely correct.

Xo?

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

snw9

Code: [Select]

luisch

You're welcome, bud.

defTHE1s

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 15, 2011, 11:44 PM
Quote from: Inkblades on Nov 14, 2011, 07:38 PM
If they made an entire album as dark and sad as Finger of Death is, it would be the greatest goddamn thing ever.

Fuck. Yeah.
Amen.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

nicklav

defTHE1s

Quote from: from_musings on Nov 28, 2011, 02:58 PM
i'm starting to understand the closer of the album now and it's just just amazing. there's this repetitive riff that chino sings to for half the song, no verse or chorus it's just keeps on going. then in the middle of the song, steph begins to play the riff backwards while chino continues to sing the same melody which is the wierdest thing ever. then the last minute it gets real heavy like in royal and chino begins to sing the melody backwards too, this while he sounds like an ancient evil witch, which is strange because at the same time it sounds very spacey and futuristic, love the effects on his voice. best ending of a record i've ever heard
If only....

defTHE1s

Quote from: pinkmaggit on Apr 16, 2012, 06:13 PM
When I first heard Melanie I thought ''What a cool song - I can't wait, in a few weeks/months I'll be listening to the studio version on my new copy of Eros.''
Little did I know :(
So sad.. same here :(

luisch

Quote from: defTHE1s on Apr 30, 2013, 08:57 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 15, 2011, 11:44 PM
Quote from: Inkblades on Nov 14, 2011, 07:38 PM
If they made an entire album as dark and sad as Finger of Death is, it would be the greatest goddamn thing ever.

Fuck. Yeah.
Amen.

Electron§

Quote from: snw9 on Apr 30, 2013, 03:56 PM
Quote from: luisch on Apr 30, 2013, 04:33 AM
Quote from: cvthedrv on Apr 30, 2013, 02:00 AM
Quote from: defTHE1s on Apr 30, 2013, 12:16 AM
Absolutely correct.
Xo?

DEFTONES - Summer Tour 2007, Chapter 13 - Portland, OR (06-07-07)

0:50

Excellent find! Thank you very much.

What the hell is Chino talking about when he says "Like "Kevin Sorbo" or "Lovers"..."? Is there an S/T outtake called "Kevin Sorbo"?  :P lol

kurtone

Kevin Sorbo was the working title for Lovers

laurapalmer

Oh and I'm apparently the only Deftones fan ever who couldn't give a shit about "Finger Of Death".

pony_01

Quote from: laurapalmer on May 01, 2013, 09:42 AM
Oh and I'm apparently the only Deftones fan ever who couldn't give a shit about "Finger Of Death".

where have you been
we've been moaning all the time since finger of deatch surfaced. it will ended up like bumble b, untitled 1, untitled 2, and maybe like melanie.
plus
its pre snw, definitely not on eros.

laurapalmer

Quote from: pony_01 on May 01, 2013, 09:54 AM
Quote from: laurapalmer on May 01, 2013, 09:42 AM

where have you been
we've been moaning all the time since finger of deatch surfaced. it will ended up like bumble b, untitled 1, untitled 2, and maybe like melanie.
plus
its pre snw, definitely not on eros.

Oh I'm aware. It just shocks me that it makes its way into every thread. It wasn't that great guys.