Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeftonesNZ

Fuck yes, Chino was the one holding off from what Stephens said so if he thinks it's near the time it will be.

Inkblades

Great news. I'm very glad. It's the right decision.

Bza々

EROS is going to assrape KNY and DE. An entire record of deftones prior to Chi's accident; fuck yes.

SwerveCityUSA

Eros is going to be such a beautiful amazing album. Stephen said the album was 75% done, 100% musically (most important) and 50% vocals, just waiting for Chino. Which is a perfect scenario because if Chi and the band did all they're parts together it's a genuine classic Deftones lineup record and the lyrics and melodies always come last anyway, so Chino please take your time and make it classical like always!
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

Danny Keyes

i bet my penis that im sure 98% of you guys are going to bash the album once its out.

people are people

amazing, Bza々its you in the picture?

people are people

Quote from: Danny Keyes on May 11, 2013, 07:20 AM
i bet my penis that im sure 98% of you guys are going to bash the album once its out.

no way 99%

DeftonesNZ

I think Chino needs to get on those vocals pretty quick, it may seem stupid but at the moment they're pretty down and twisted emotionally like when Eros was initially made so in order for him to sort of make that music again he needs to be in that state of mind could also be a therapeutic way of dealing with Chi's death.

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: Danny Keyes on May 11, 2013, 07:20 AM

True they always will but deep down they will love it, and they have to says 10 bucks they spent.

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on May 11, 2013, 07:24 AM
I think Chino needs to get on those vocals pretty quick, it may seem stupid but at the moment they're pretty down and twisted emotionally like when Eros was initially made so in order for him to sort of make that music again he needs to be in that state of mind could also be a therapeutic way of dealing with Chi's death.

Ya I agree on it being a therapy and I think that alone will make it something special, but I don't care how long it takes, he's busy, plus they just put out their 2 strongest pieces of work since that era anyway and done loads of touring and so forth. they're playing Ozzfest as we speak, so there is a lot of work to do.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah I know they would hold on to it for a while to release it but for the cohesiveness it would be good to get on it quick. Either way I'm sure I'll love it I like all aspects of Deftones even the more polished new stuff but I have a special soft spot for the darker stuff like Self Titled.

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on May 11, 2013, 07:44 AM
Yeah I know they would hold on to it for a while to release it but for the cohesiveness it would be good to get on it quick. Either way I'm sure I'll love it I like all aspects of Deftones even the more polished new stuff but I have a special soft spot for the darker stuff like Self Titled.

Nice I just put that album on. And to be honest all of they're albums have been my favorite at some point, I don't close my mind on one sound. Self Titled is a very nice record, 10/10 easy.

I bet Eros will be out in spring 2014 for sure.

play

I really doubt chino will finish vocals on it.

I would way prefer them to leave it unfinished and release it.

MaximumPezcore

I'd rather Chino finish his vocals on the album. Given Chi's death, I feel like he's going to let it all out and have this be the most emotionally angry and depressing Deftones album yet, which will undoubtedly turn out to be completely fucking beautiful in an emotionally fucked kind of way.

Also, I'm new here. Hi guys!

Jesus2Chino

I'm very excited about the prospect, but I will keep my hopes well under control. He didn't say it will absolutely be released, and there's no telling how the album will be handled by the band. Time will tell, but it's definitely good news that it's at least being considered. Good or bad, pending the emergence of details on an absolute release, this will be the most anticipated Deftones release for me since Self-Titled.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

DeftonesNZ

I'd be happy either way but I'm guessing they'll finish it , it just seems if they release it they will want to release it how it was meant to be heard as a complete piece. I have complete faith in Chino to do it justice I know he'll do it right for Chi.

sing blue silver

I'll believe it when I see/hear it. It's the right time but that's all up to the band and the powers that be.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: sing blue silver on May 11, 2013, 04:28 PM
I'll believe it when I see/hear it. It's the right time but that's all up to the band and the powers that be.
Yeah i'm not expecting it anytime soon but it's just good to know Chino's still wants it to be released, part of me thought he might just go the time will never be right now that Chi's and that it would never be released.

endstand

Quote from: MaximumPezcore on May 11, 2013, 09:13 AM
I'd rather Chino finish his vocals on the album. Given Chi's death, I feel like he's going to let it all out and have this be the most emotionally angry and depressing Deftones album yet, which will undoubtedly turn out to be completely fucking beautiful in an emotionally fucked kind of way.

I don't want to sound rude, but I feel like Chino doesn't feel very touched by Chi's death; I don't know about the others. There were few interviews where Chino, asked about Chi's condition, sounded very lame. He mentioned that he hadn't visit Chi for one year. If they were so great friends, how can you explain that Chino is not visiting Chi? Band often mention that they're like a family, but that just doesn't mix good with not visiting a friend who is in need of support. How can you not find enough time during whole year to visit a friend?

And there was this video interview posted somewhere where band is asked about Eros, and Steph pointed out in not friendly manner that Chino is the one responsible for all the situation with Eros.
hello memory lover, you are mine

Penicks

Quote from: endstand on May 11, 2013, 05:04 PM
Quote from: MaximumPezcore on May 11, 2013, 09:13 AM

I don't want to sound rude, but I feel like Chino doesn't feel very touched by Chi's death; I don't know about the others. There were few interviews where Chino, asked about Chi's condition, sounded very lame. He mentioned that he hadn't visit Chi for one year. If they were so great friends, how can you explain that Chino is not visiting Chi? Band often mention that they're like a family, but that just doesn't mix good with not visiting a friend who is in need of support. How can you not find enough time during whole year to visit a friend?

because his friend was a fucking plant dude, everybody copes with it differently. you are in no position to say any of this

endstand

I'm curious that others think about it.
hello memory lover, you are mine