the second one kicks ass. Another version of u, u, d, d
I hate White Pony.

Freedomsoldier17

snw9

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Apr 08, 2016, 10:24 PM
Quote from: astynk on Apr 08, 2016, 09:47 PM
Soon

dream big

Chino mentioned in an interview that Eros wasn't that great and that Diamond Eyes is rated better. Lol, all I can say is the songs are definitely going to be re-written.
Code: [Select]

Vesanic

blondie

what most people don't know is that some of the songs from eros actually made it into diamond eyes. and they're easily distinguishable.  ;)

krook

Quote from: blondie on Apr 09, 2016, 12:04 AM
what most people don't know is that some of the songs from eros actually made it into diamond eyes. and they're easily distinguishable.  ;)
From what I know, only Roller Derby got into KNY as Poltergeist
Smile was released a year after Chi's death
There's also Melanie live and Dallas demo. That's all. Am I missing something?
I hate White Pony.

Capt Snow

ANattyRat

Quote from: krook on Apr 09, 2016, 12:18 AM

Who said Roller Derby was supposed to be on Eros? It was played live as Roller Derby specifically as new music from their at-the-time upcoming album, Koi No Yokan.

cvthedrv

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 09, 2016, 12:36 AM

Who said Roller Derby was supposed to be on Eros? It was played live as Roller Derby specifically as new music from their at-the-time upcoming album, Koi No Yokan.
rollerderby = poltergeist

ANattyRat

Quote from: cvthedrv on Apr 09, 2016, 08:08 AM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 09, 2016, 12:36 AM

rollerderby = poltergeist

Yeah I know, but Krook mentioned Roller Derby getting into Koi No Yokan as Poltergeist while mentioning Eros songs, as if Roller Derby was originally from Eros.

Substance Abuse

Never gonna happen.

NYRexall

I don't think it's happening either

At least, not anytime soon, based on this recent interview with Chino: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/deftones-interview-with-chino-moreno-we-re-expanding-our-sound-were-not-making-adrenaline-or-white-a6974046.html

Enlisting ex-Quicksand bassist Segio Vega, the band scrapped sessions for the album they'd been working on with Cheng. Titled Eros, it has gained a fabled reputation amongst fans, with song titles, (including Smile, Melanie, Dallas and Destiny) instrumental demos and even what appear to be complete songs surfacing online. Moreno though seems resolute that, for the moment, it's not a project the band will be returning to any time soon. 'Musically it's probably 75 - 80% done and lyrically it was about halfway there, but honestly, I wasn't too happy with the material we had,' he says. 'Some of the music was lacking a little bit. I had faith it was going to come together and be great in the end, but we never got to that point. Once Chi had his accident, everything came to a halt with the Eros sessions, so the idea of going back to that batch of songs, finishing them and have Sergio learn Chi's parts just hasn't felt like something that we're interested in doing. If the record were finished and we were just sitting on it, we probably would have put it out by now, maybe even given it away, just so that people can hear it, but it would take a lot more work to get it done. But when we get together, we're much more fascinated with where we are in this moment, trying to create something new.'

Sounds like the sessions were half-finished and uninspired at the point of Chi's accident. Doesn't appear the band thinks it's worth hearing or releasing..

Inkblades

So, is he saying now that Chi didn't even fully finish his parts? Am I reading that right? If that's the case, then yeah, we'll never hear a completed version.

WickedBreath

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 10, 2016, 06:42 AM
So, is he saying now that Chi didn't even fully finish his parts? Am I reading that right? If that's the case, then yeah, we'll never hear a completed version.

The way I interpret it is that Chino means touring when he says "have Sergio learn Chi's parts", because he talks about finishing the album before. Anyway I thought that everything except for Chino's vocal parts were done based on past interviews and info. Can anybody confirm?

NYRexall

Quote from: WickedBreath on Apr 10, 2016, 12:34 PM

The way I interpret it is that Chino means touring when he says "have Sergio learn Chi's parts", because he talks about finishing the album before. Anyway I thought that everything except for Chino's vocal parts were done based on past interviews and info. Can anybody confirm?

It says in that interview I linked to that the material was only about 75% done, and the band wasn't very happy with the material they had

from_musings

yeah but he has also said "there's a lot of great music on it, I know that" about eros back in 2011. he's been back and forth about it during the years - whether he likes it or not .but even if he didn't like eros,that doesn't mean we wouldn't. chino's opinion is just one guy's opinion, whatever it may be.

what's surprising here though is that he says it isn't finished musically.that's news to me.for instance, frank said in 2010 in a Quiets interview:

"You had Eros written, but not recorded, before it...

Frank: Yeah, pretty much. Chino was still doing vocals on half the tracks [before the accident], but music-wise it had been finished for a while."

they're dropping some conflicting information on us. when chino now says it isn't done musically, could that mean it's recorded but not 100% mixed and fixed?

HooiserBowhunter

I bet we don't hear anything from Eros until they are completely done making new records which makes since to me. Which begs the question. How many more do you think they have in them?

ANattyRat

Quote from: HooiserBowhunter on Apr 11, 2016, 12:41 AM
I bet we don't hear anything from Eros until they are completely done making new records which makes since to me. Which begs the question. How many more do you think they have in them?

I think they have a lot more in them. They'll be making music together for however long they enjoy it, regardless of any other factors. And for god's sake, don't mention Stef's interview. I get it, dude wasn't thrilled to be involved at first, but that changed. Besides, it's not like none of them have felt that way before. Stuff like that happens, but they're still willing to try, and then eventually they do get into it and excited, so nothing has really changed.

They did say they'd probably release one more album (Gore) before releasing Eros, though. I just don't think it'll live up to the hype. We've wanted it for such a long time, we've been talking about it for such a long time, that I worry it'll never be able to live up to this pedestal people have put it on, especially with it being the last album Chi worked on.

Reichward

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 11, 2016, 01:28 AM
Quote from: HooiserBowhunter on Apr 11, 2016, 12:41 AM

I think they have a lot more in them. They'll be making music together for however long they enjoy it, regardless of any other factors. And for god's sake, don't mention Stef's interview. I get it, dude wasn't thrilled to be involved at first, but that changed. Besides, it's not like none of them have felt that way before. Stuff like that happens, but they're still willing to try, and then eventually they do get into it and excited, so nothing has really changed.

I'm not worried about Stef saying that he feels kind of excluded because of Chino's ambitions and the band's musical direction. I'm more worried about them getting old. One day they're going to get tired of Deftones and just retire, they'll have their current side projects to keep life going. This day may not come anytime soon, but when it does I won't be surprised.

Hopefully it seems that they are still very motivated, so we can assume that there's more where it comes from. As for Eros, I think that it's pointless to look for it at this point. But if, someday, I see an update on their facebook or instagram teasing an eventual release for Eros... I'll just lose my shit.