Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Refused

Started by Martin, Mar 27, 2010, 08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

EDIT: Just saw this on ThePRP; Dennis Lynxen said "No, we are not reforming. Me and David are going on tour next week with our new Hardcore band Ac4 – sleeping on kids floors and playing doordeals, that seems to be more in line with what we deserve... haha" in a recent interview, see interview here.

It is just for the reissue of The Shape Of Punk To Come.

Old message;
Just saw this rumor floating around online that Refused are supposedly coming back together...
Who knows of anything about this?

http://officialrefused.com/

Deftones-argentina

2 exRefused or 3 share the asme band, i think it was C4 or something like that. They aren-t that far from reforming, I guess. I-d love to see them play some of those furious tunes from the flames of discontent

Martin

Knew you'd respond haha :)
It's being Twittered all over the place, plus the wiki says that the message on their official site is new.

bright lights, big city

i wish this happens. great great band.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

http://www.punknews.org/article/37669

seems like it really is going to happen soon!! sucks that their live plans are only likely to be in Europe.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Corleone

Never understood what made this band good, which was thier best album?

black coffee

Arguably "The Shape Of Punk To Come".

It was always a dream of mine to see Refused live. Now I don't know what to think of this.

endoeleven

Refused are Fuckin Zombies!

These are the CDs I Have -
Songs to Fan the Flames of Discontent
The Shape of Punk to Come (cd and vinyl)
Everlasting EP
New New Theology EP
The EP Compilation
Refused are Fucking Dead DVD

Jacob

AHSUM! can't fucking wait. hopefully they'll play one of the swedish festivals I'm attending this summer.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: Corleone on Mar 28, 2010, 04:30 PM
Never understood what made this band good, which was thier best album?

i preffer songs to flame the fans of discontent. Try youtubing the song It's not ok for an example.

bright lights, big city

New Noise is just a classic song. one of the best ever, imo. if that doesn't get you rockin' then i don't know what will.
DERP

theshadeisatool

The Shape of Nostalgia To Come? Should be interesting... I enjoy their stuff.

blixa

i rock out to refused in my room all the time.

classic.

Jacob

Quote from: blixa on Mar 29, 2010, 11:58 AM

classic.

me and some friends broke my bed while moshing to New Noise. good times.

blixa

it was worth breaking the bed over. BRILL SONG.

skinnypuppy

spoke with a lot of people close to the project. its not a reunion or tour.

I'm really sad.

just reissues+vinyl+live set.

fuck life.

gui

Quote from: Jacob on Mar 29, 2010, 12:09 PM
Quote from: blixa on Mar 29, 2010, 11:58 AM

classic.

me and some friends broke my bed while moshing to New Noise. good times.
i'm not normally the one to bash a global moderator from a forum, but god that sounded oh so terribly gay  :D

sorry man but it just made me laugh.

*in before the ban*  ;)

Jacob

haha, no worries. I realized it as I typed it but thought, what the hell I'll give em that one. surprised no one pointed it out earlier.

Deftones-argentina

New interesting interview with Dennis, the singer of refused: http://www.exclaim.ca/articles/multiarticlesub.aspx?csid1=144&csid2=946&fid1=47233

by the way, I loved the live record that came with the refused interview. Organized chaos.

ben

I agree with those who think that Refused should never even think about getting back together except for perhaps a few shows.  Anything coming after The Shape of Punk to Come would be a sure disappointment.