Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Various Projects of Mike Patton

Started by theis, Mar 30, 2010, 09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

The old Mike Patton thread got lost when the board went haywire, so here's a new one about my all time favorite musician.

Discuss everything regarding Mike Patton in here.

New interview with Patton about his upcoming Mondo Cane album: http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/interview-mike-patton-on-i-mondo-cane-i-i-was-living-a-completely-different-experience-and-that-was-italy/6663302

Can't fucking wait for it! And a European tour? Hell yeah!

kurtone

bright lights, big city

pure genius. anyone know if there's any plans for another Peeping Tom?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

deftonekid

sing blue silver

Jacob

pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

your sister gets me hard

theis

Absolutely hilarious interview with Mike during the recording of Angel Dust. Patton is such a prankster and the interviewer doesn't seem to know that he's fucking with her 80% of the time.

Part 1 our of 8:

Mike Patton Angel Dust Sessions Interview (Part 1)

Rest is on youtube.

chick de la lynch

I love the fact that he is eating a sandwich during the interview. Oh, Mike Patton!

I have heard a little bit of every project he's done, but I really don't know where to jump in with his music. The man is a crazy vocalist, and probably one of the best vocalists ever.

sing blue silver

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Apr 03, 2010, 05:22 PM
I love the fact that he is eating a sandwich during the interview. Oh, Mike Patton!

I have heard a little bit of every project he's done, but I really don't know where to jump in with his music. The man is a crazy vocalist, and probably one of the best vocalists ever.

faith no more is the general access point. tomahawk is what got me hooked and now i love everything with fantomas probably being my favorite.

Jacob

Quote from: theis on Apr 03, 2010, 03:12 PM
Absolutely hilarious interview with Mike during the recording of Angel Dust. Patton is such a prankster and the interviewer doesn't seem to know that he's fucking with her 80% of the time.

those clips are classic and everyone who's remotely into FNM need to see them. I'm so glad they captured part of the Angel Dust recording sessons. I've had a small excerpt of this documentary on vhs for years and I was really happy to find the whole thing on YouTube.

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Apr 03, 2010, 05:22 PM

I'd say start with Faith No More. first of all, they're still his best work in my opinion, plus they're probably the easiest to get into. move on to Mr Bungle and Tomahawk after that.

sing blue silver

one of the last truly brilliant and creative people.

Jacob

if for some reason Faith No More decides to go on and Mike Patton isn't part of it, I hope they take in this girl as his replacement:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7am5rZmCrpA

so her singing isn't pitch perfect, but check out those squeals ;D

theis

Haha, nice!

I'd be proud if that was my daughter  :D

sing blue silver

is there hope for the future yet? her dad should be proud.

defskull

Haha something tells me that kid has listened to her dad rock out to that song before.  Too cute.

theis

Quote from: Jacob on Apr 03, 2010, 11:28 PM
those clips are classic and everyone who's remotely into FNM need to see them. I'm so glad they captured part of the Angel Dust recording sessons. I've had a small excerpt of this documentary on vhs for years and I was really happy to find the whole thing on YouTube.

Do you know if there are similar videos during the recording of Mr. Bungle albums or other FNM albums?

AroundThePonyDK

he`s a pure genius,my role model...whatever he does i love it...insane...
And the Mondo Cane album is just amazing.CHE NOTTE!