Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Diamond Eyes" Single on LA's KROQ Tonight

Started by neal, Mar 31, 2010, 12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neal

Hey guys, Neal here from Deftones' management, Velvet Hammer. Just thought I would drop a note to let you guys know that KROQ in LA just added "Diamond Eyes" into rotation and will be playing the track for the first time tonight between 9:15 and 9:30pm pacific time! This is a very big, influential radio station that other stations often take their lead from. Here we go...

pixElsblUr

that's pretty cool, I'll check that out

sing blue silver

the day i hear deftones on the radio is the day i obviously don't live in shitty eastern canada anymore. in the maritimes we don't take kindly to anything other than classic rock, country and pop...apparently. i fucking hate it. get them to play this shit on Q 104.3 up here. i've heard tool on there once or twice. that was like a miracle though since usually i'm stuck listening to hinder and three days grace as far as new music goes on the radio. i'm gonna blow those fuckers up if they don't play something good soon.

E-Money

There Will Be Blood

i dont live in cali... but i love kroq very cool

E-Money

My first time hearing the tones was on KROQ.  They played Change on the furious 5 at 9.  Im glad the song is going to get radio play.  I think its a great single, and a good driving song....

Hidalgo

it's been played a few times at the major radio stations around here. cincinnati

lozz

Deftones are being promoted quite well on Radio 1 (The biggest nationwide radio station in the UK) over here. Zane Lowe who is very influential lovest he band and has been playing dimaond eyes or rocket skates quite often as well as having Chino on the station once. The Metal show which is on in the early hours has also had each new deftones single as their "mauler" track.
There's a mass without roofs, there's a prison to fill
There's a country's soul that reads post no bills
There's a strike and a line of cops outside of the mill
There's a right to obey and there's a right to kill

There Will Be Blood

I just heard it on local radio right now lol

stoneFeD

lol the radio station here said they werent aloud to play deftones...for some douche bag radio station owners reasons

BamBam57

Quote from: stoneFeD on Mar 31, 2010, 05:58 PM
lol the radio station here said they werent aloud to play deftones...for some douche bag radio station owners reasons

Waaaaat? Where do you live?
"This place is death
I know you feel the same"

bangbang240

Yeah, in Phoenix, Diamond Eyes has been number one on the countdown on 98 KUPD since last week.

Wax And Wane

I've heard both D/E and R/S on XM radio. A couple times each.  :)
I will save your life..

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: stapezee on Mar 31, 2010, 06:34 AM
My first time hearing the tones was on KROQ.  They played Change on the furious 5 at 9.  Im glad the song is going to get radio play.  I think its a great single, and a good driving song....

Fuck I remember that night...I was in 6th grade..waiting patiently to record it on my cassette!
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Wax And Wane

I remember in when they came thru Denver on the White Pony tour they took over the local radio station for like 2 or 3 hours. Like played stuff from the CD and whatever else they wanted (All while getting stoned and drunk or whatever) lol. I recorded the whole thing on tape. lol
I will save your life..

BamBam57

Quote from: Wax And Wane on Mar 31, 2010, 07:43 PM
I remember in when they came thru Denver on the White Pony tour they took over the local radio station for like 2 or 3 hours. Like played stuff from the CD and whatever else they wanted (All while getting stoned and drunk or whatever) lol. I recorded the whole thing on tape. lol

Dude, that sounds like some classic stuff. You need to upload the audio somewhere online.
"This place is death
I know you feel the same"

Hidalgo

listening to it right now on major radio station

Wax And Wane

Quote from: BamBam57 on Mar 31, 2010, 09:41 PM
Quote from: Wax And Wane on Mar 31, 2010, 07:43 PM

Dude, that sounds like some classic stuff. You need to upload the audio somewhere online.

Lol. Hell that was so long ago. I know i have the tapes somewhere. I'll have to go a hunt for that stuff. :) If i can find it I will totally post it.
I will save your life..

Hidalgo

Wax And Wane

I'll look for them tommorow morning. Then IF i find them i'll get some mp3's going and P.M. you.  :)
I will save your life..