Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Bright Eyes?

Started by Wax And Wane, Mar 31, 2010, 03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wax And Wane

Anyone on here like em'? Was listening to one of their albums today for the first time in a long time and sort of fell in love all over again. lol
I will save your life..

theis

Used to like them a lot, but now I wanna break something when I hear Connor's voice.

Wax And Wane

HA! That's pretty funny. I'm not a huge fan of their last album. But i like the older stuff a lot. and think "Lifted or The Story Is In The Soil, Keep Your Ear To The Ground" Is an amazing album
I will save your life..

chick de la lynch

I'm not a huge fan, but I do like Fevers and Mirrors a lot.

blixa

i saw bright a few years ago and i must admit, it was one of the best gigs i've ever been to.

that said, monsters of folk are awesome.

jesusinabowlofdirt

not a big fan but i really enjoy the song "Neely O'Hara"  :)

Moz

I like almost anything with Conor Oberst in it, and I'm not even a fanboy or anything. Bright Eyes, Desaparecidos, Monsters of Folk, his solo stuff, Park Ave, Commander Venus... yeah

Balthazard

Lifted or The Story Is In The Soil  and fevers and mirrors are really good albums , but i was more into their lyrics 3 or 4 years ago, now it sometimes feel whinney or pretentious .. but i still like some of their songs

ben

In a recent online video, Conor Oberst talked about how boycotting Arizona because of its recent controversial immigration law was important because if left unchecked, similar legislation could make its way across the country.

And just a couple weeks ago, the small town of Fremont in the singer's home state of Nebraska passed a similarly strict ordinance that "aims to zero in on illegal aliens in the workplace and at their temporary homes," according to ABC News. Oberst isn't taking this news lightly: "I was outraged, saddened and embarrassed for their town and my state," wrote the singer in a letter last week. And he's doing something about it.

As the blog MFR points out and the Omaha World-Herald confirms, on July 31 in Omaha, Oberst will star in the Concert for Equality, which will benefit the ACLU's fight against the Fremont law. Oberst will lead both his Bright Eyes project as well as a reunited Desaparecidos, the short-lived punk-pop outfit that has been silent since the early part of last decade. Cursive and a reunited Lullaby for the Working Class (featuring members of Cursive and Bright Eyes) will also take part in the show. Desaparecidos make loud music, and sometimes it's important to be loud.

Posted by Ryan Dombal on July 6, 2010 at 4:25 p.m.

hahah pretty funny seeing Desaparecidos playing a show.  I used to rock that album all the time.

Moz

well Bright Eyes will bring out their last record next year anyway.

but i like them, and personally I really loved the last one (cassadaga)

Monsters of Folk and his solo project are both more mature though. and they sound great