Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

WILL HAVEN has recruited SLIPKNOT percussionist Chris Fehn to play bass

Started by defsteve, Apr 04, 2010, 12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defsteve

Sacramento, California's WILL HAVEN has recruited SLIPKNOT percussionist Chris Fehn to play bass on the band's upcoming album and tour.

Commented WILL HAVEN in a statement: "[Former WILL HAVEN bassist] Mike Martin has had to step away from the band to take care of his family which some of you have known. He has not been able to tour with us the past few tours, so we have been just moving on without a bass player in the past few months working on this new record.

"Well, [we are] happy to say we have found our new bass player and we are more than excited about it, Our longtime brother and close friend Chris Fehn has joined the family. He is here with us tonight recording for the new demo and already has had tons of imput making this record even more amazing. So we are more than stoked to have him with us.

"SLIPKNOT is taking some extended time off while they concentrate on side projects, but when they are ready to work on the new record, Chris will be right back to work with them. Until then we will be recording the new record and playing shows in U.S. and Europe."

WILL HAVEN's most recent album, "The Hierophant", was released in June 2007 through Bieler Bros. Records. Heralded by guitarist Jeff Irwin as "by far the best stuff we have ever done" and featuring production by Shaun Lopez (FAR, REVOLUTION SMILE) and DEFTONES vocalist Chino Moreno, the CD was WILL HAVEN's first release since 2001's critically acclaimed "Carpe Diem". It was also the group's first and only effort with singer Jeff Jaworski (formerly of RED TAPE).

WILL HAVEN's current lineup includes vocalist Grady Avenell, who rejoined the band last year.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=137891
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

defsteve

Seen Will Haven a few times (with Grady and Jaworski). Awesome live band. Can't wait to hear the new album w/Grady....
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Jacob

wow that's pretty unexpected. but cool. really interested in hearing new material.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

decapod

Sick! Listening to The Hierophant right now. Love Will Haven, mucho.

snw9

Code: [Select]

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Will he masturbated his cock since he wont be using his stupid mask?

defTHE1s

wow, that's an awesome notice, i've been listening this band a lot lately, their work w/Grady is awesome and with Jaworsky was pretty good, so i'm exited to hear them again w/Grady and nü bass player

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Martin

Exciting news indeed. Very much looking forward to the new album, and the new Red Tape album.