Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

VisualAudioSensoryTheatre

Started by siL., Apr 09, 2010, 04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

siL.

Better known as VAST. Anyone else a fan of theirs? I don't think I've ever seen this band mentioned on these boards. I've been listening to them for over a decade now and I absolutely love the first two albums, and the third is solid. I don't know, I think Crosby is has some some amazing arrangements and has a wisdom about his music. Great band and very underappreciated. I haven't followed him much lately as he has been releasing acoustic albums lately, which to me is antithetical to the whole point of this project, which is to be theatrical and VAST. Also, Crosby's lyrics are some of the most poignant. Anyone who's a fan of Porcupine Tree/Dredg/Jump Little Children/Industrial would appreciate this band. Check out their first album (self titled) and their second, Music For People.

decapod

Fuuuuuck yes, Sil! Love all his stuff, especially April and Turquoise & Crimson. Thanks for starting this thread brotha!

siL.

I enjoy T&C but I find the lack of production on the tracks causes not to listen to it as much. I really enjoy the final versions of the songs that ended up on Nude.

devlin

self titled is an amazing album. i can't really get into the rest of his stuff.

siL.

Music For People isn't nearly as dark but musically it's just as diverse and and well executed as Self-Titled. Some of his best songs are on that album. Land of Shame sounds like the second coming of The Doors