Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

New Deftones US dates!

Started by BLUMPKIN, Apr 12, 2010, 07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUMPKIN

5/21 Grand Rapids MI, the day before the OH festival.  I live in Grand Rapids and it's been 3 years since they hit my town, so obviously i'm fucking pumped right now. 

http://orbitroom.com/concerts.shtml

Maybe some more US dates in the works before they hit Europe? 

normsteez

i hope they make a pit stop in DC before they head to Europe, that would be sick.
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

E-Money

Quote from: normsteez on Apr 12, 2010, 09:01 PM
i hope they make a pit stop in DC before they head to Europe, that would be sick.

right there with u man.  praying for a date at 930 club....

srcuello

Just got back from Deftones in El Paso.  It was amazing. Heard 7 new songs including the first live performance of Beauty School, as Chino noted. Clocked in at just under two hours. Got the setlist from the sound board dude:

Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
CMND/CTRL
You've Seen The Butcher
Feiticiera
Elite
Digital Bath
Knife Prty
Passenger
Sextape
When Girls Telphone Boys
Birthmark
Minerva
Prince
Beauty School
Around The Fur
Lotion
My Own Summer
Change
Hexagram
=========
Root
7 Words

kurtone

thats a damn good setlist, how did the new songs sound live?

vinsanity

Wow, starting with 4 songs from the new album, that's killer, too bad they didn't played Royal.

I wonder what sextape will sound like live.
Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!

srcuello

Quote from: kurtone on Apr 28, 2010, 10:06 AM
thats a damn good setlist, how did the new songs sound live?

Sound at the venue is not that great. But "Diamond Eyes" and "Rocket Skates" were super punishing. I'm choosing not to listen to any of the new songs besides DE and RS, so the new stuff was a lot to take in. "Sextape" was very dreamy and soothing. It sounded pretty. The thing about "Prince" was this dark bell sound. It was spooky. "Beauty School" had these ebbs and flows that blew my mind. I am sooooooo excited for the album.

simmamadrama4000

I was at the el paso show tue. I kinda had a feeling that they were going to play a song from their new album since u could hear them playing cmnd ctrl during rehearsal/soundcheck outside when I arrived there. Anyways...cmnd ctrl,u seen the butcher and prince sounded epic. Beauty school was ok they should play it more often in future shows to make it sound better. I have some photos of the show, but in what thread should I post them?

simmamadrama4000

Eh..srry if I sound a bit incoherent..I'm posting this on my phone haven't slept in a day  and I'm sitting on the floor at a bus station waiting for the bus to take me 1200 miles back home. (Since I traveled to el paso for this show)

Vesanic

Quote from: simmamadrama4000 on Apr 29, 2010, 02:12 PM
I was at the el paso show tue. I kinda had a feeling that they were going to play a song from their new album since u could hear them playing cmnd ctrl during rehearsal/soundcheck outside when I arrived there. Anyways...cmnd ctrl,u seen the butcher and prince sounded epic. Beauty school was ok they should play it more often in future shows to make it sound better. I have some photos of the show, but in what thread should I post them?

I suggest you to post all your photos here, man:

http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,16617.100.html

defuricketsextape

Here's the setlist from the show in Mission, TX on Friday 4/30/10. Got 21 songs, 7 from the new record.

1. Diamond Eyes
2. Rocket Skates
3. Elite
4. Knife Party
5. Passenger
6. CMND/CTRL
7. You've Seen The Butcher
8. Sextape
9. When Girls Telephone Boys
10. Minverva
11.Birthmark
12. Prince