Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Breaking Bad

Started by lithium, Apr 12, 2010, 09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lithium

Quote from: McFly on Nov 22, 2011, 12:24 PM
Quote from: McFly on Nov 18, 2011, 12:01 PM
can somebody tell me, what car Jesse drives in the first seasons? I mean the american one, not the toyota

nobody know?

Like jbmp said its a monte carlo
💩

poofing acid

Eeeeeeeaaaaarrrtth beeeloooww uuuuus

chick de la lynch

I spent the past week catching up on Breaking Bad and I'm in love with this show. I think other shows need to take notes on how a show is supposed to run. There are a few predictable moments that have happened during the course of the series, but I can count those on one hand. For the most part, the audience is continually shocked as to what these characters do or decide to do.

From time to time, these characters do get annoying or make super stupid choices that irritate me but that's the beauty of it. These characters aren't one notes and are real because they have attributes that make them likable half the time, and irritating the other half. Sometimes we feel sympathy for them, and other times we think they're deserving of any consequences they have to endure. My main beef is I hate the women on this show, which is terrible for me to say especially since I'm a woman. I guess there needs to be tension made, but I just really can't stand a bitchy woman who thinks she can control her husband/boyfriend. It's annoying and I wish there were better female characters on this show.

One thing I've learned from watching this is that it appears to be pride as the ultimate downfall for these men. Many of the decisions these men on Breaking Bad make are usually based off their pride and huge egos, which for me is annoying but it's also true. This whole series could be summed up as a game of who has the bigger cock, which I think is one of the underlying themes of this show. Either way, no one really wins the competition because at the end of the day their lives are in still in danger and will continue to be in danger until someone is dead. I think we're also seeing a shift in Walt. A man who said he was nothing like Gus is slowly starting to become Gus, especially with the whole poisoning of Brock. I think Walt is slowly understanding how this business works and maybe by next season we might see him as even more cold and heartless, becoming the ultimate Meth kingpin.

Gus scared the living crap out of me. It was almost as if he were dead half the time. I will say that his death was pretty gnarly. Very Two Face from The Dark Knight.

theis

chick de la lynch

My panties are getting wet just thinking about the upcoming season.

bright lights, big city

Mine are just absolutely drenched.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

sing blue silver

Holy fuck I can't wait for this season. Easily the best TV drama since OZ.

lithium

Anyone catch the premiere?
💩

bright lights, big city

Yep. Loved it, of course. Really liked the magnet stuff, and seeing the junkyard owner again.

Hopefully the flash forward part before the title screen is a recurring theme.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lithium

I was telling my friend last night, that little flash forward is the ending beginning to unfold. What do you think?
💩

chick de la lynch

Jesse Pinkman was the man of the hour obviously with the magnet idea. They grow up so fast!

Great premiere episode. Can't wait to see how the rest of the season turns out. Oh, and does Denny's really give you a free meal if it's your birthday?

theis

The opening is one of the reasons why this show is so great.

That scene caught me completely off guard and made my mind wander like crazy. Can't wait to see what is up with all that.

Anyways, great season opener.

"Yeah, bitch! Magnets!" Hahaha...Jesse FTW!

jbmp1390

I thought it was a great opener. Loved the opening scenes, now it's crazy theory time again just like with the bear. And damn you theis you beat me to the best quote of the episode. Magnets lol

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

tarkil

Favourite quote is "We're done when I say we're done!!"...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

sing blue silver

This show just keeps proving itself as the absolute best series on TV since OZ. brilliant first episode. Can't wait for more and speculating about the openings.

jbmp1390

So what did everyone think about the last scene of the last episode when walt is talking to jesse? A lot of people seem to think that he was threatening jesse, which I think is bullshit. I think it was pretty obvious that he was talking about mike. We know how walt feels about people fucking with his money lol

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

chick de la lynch

Walt's attitude definitely reminds me of Marlo in The Wire (I apologize in advance for making my 50th reference to this show). Walt at this point has no heart. He feels that now that he's taken the kingpin down, he's the king and has the power to do anything he wishes, kind of like Joffrey in Game of Thrones. He keeps overstepping his bounds, and while Mike was never Gus, Mike still is a worthy opponent for Walt. Walt has barely been in this drug game. He still has a lot to learn before he can play with the big boys and by stepping on Mike's toes he's definitely setting himself up for another disaster.

I personally wouldn't get on Mike's bad side. He's a smart and scary as hell dude. Walt definitely underestimates his power, which is very dangerous.

bright lights, big city

I thought it was definitely directed towards Mike, but it's possible it was somewhat of a warning to Jesse to not side with Mike. What I liked, which was also in that scene, Jesse was like the little kid compared to Walt and Mike, trying to keep the peace between arguing parents and offering to use all his money to pay off all the hazard pay.
DERP