Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Breaking Bad

Started by lithium, Apr 12, 2010, 09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftones86

I just think someone close to Walt has to die. This is pretty much a story of a man morality eroding from the path in life he's choosing. So i think it will take either Skylar's accidental death or maybe one of his kids dying to finally turn him into a complete monster. In a "You don't change the world, the world changes you" kind of way.

chick de la lynch

Usually I'm on the "Please Skylar die already!" bandwagon, but I have to say I actually feel sympathy towards her. Granted, she got into bed with Walt in the Meth business fully understanding what that entailed for her and their marriage. However, I think with Gus' death and Benneke's injury it's starting to hit her that this was a bad decision on her part. I think she feels guilt now for bringing the whole family into this game. It's not like she can leave now, either. Walt is deep in the business and she has her family to think about. Any move she makes could put her and her family's life in jeopardy. She may be a bitch, but she's still a mother and at this point she's doing anything she can to make sure the kids are safe.

"I'm waiting for the cancer to come back". Such a chilling line. So horrible, too. Especially on Walt's birthday but I think it totally encompasses how much she hates Walt and how frightened she is of him.

I also loved the whole "I'm a sexist" conversation Mike had with Jesse, too. It tickled my funny bone in such an intense episode.

tarkil

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 09, 2012, 06:17 AM
Lori from Walking Dead is a bitch that definitely has to get merked.

I've stopped watching TWD after ep 3 or 4 of the 2nd season cause it was so fucking slow and boring...
I can't put myself to get back into it...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Aug 09, 2012, 10:16 AM
Any move she makes could put her and her family's life in jeopardy. She may be a bitch, but she's still a mother and at this point she's doing anything she can to make sure the kids are safe.

"I'm waiting for the cancer to come back". Such a chilling line. So horrible, too. Especially on Walt's birthday but I think it totally encompasses how much she hates Walt and how frightened she is of him.
You make a good point, but this birthday business reminded me of something that slipped my mind. Didn't the very first episode have Walt turning 50 and have the bacon on his plate? Now he turned 51. And the 5th season premiere's flash forward had him turning 52, while putting bacon pieces on his plate. Just thought it was an interesting and subtle way to tell us the timeline.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

dawg

a german newspaper is reporting that they are shooting a few final scences in Hannover, Germany. the whole cast is supposedly to take place in it! I wonder where that is going to fit in..
the amount of german in the next episodes is also supposed to be more than the spanish parts in the other seasons

theis

Quote from: tarkil on Aug 09, 2012, 12:32 PM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 09, 2012, 06:17 AM
Lori from Walking Dead is a bitch that definitely has to get merked.

I've stopped watching TWD after ep 3 or 4 of the 2nd season cause it was so fucking slow and boring...
I can't put myself to get back into it...

Stick with it.

I almost gave up on it myself, but the last 6 episodes of the season are pretty damn great. 

chick de la lynch

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 09, 2012, 05:38 PM
Quote from: chick de la lynch on Aug 09, 2012, 10:16 AM
Any move she makes could put her and her family's life in jeopardy. She may be a bitch, but she's still a mother and at this point she's doing anything she can to make sure the kids are safe.

You make a good point, but this birthday business reminded me of something that slipped my mind. Didn't the very first episode have Walt turning 50 and have the bacon on his plate? Now he turned 51. And the 5th season premiere's flash forward had him turning 52, while putting bacon pieces on his plate. Just thought it was an interesting and subtle way to tell us the timeline.

I was thinking the same thing while watching the episode, which is making me more curious. I can't believe the past four seasons have equated to just one year in the Breaking Bad world.

bright lights, big city

Pilot episode with veggie bacon

Season 5, 1st episode at the Denny's

Season 5, 4th episode

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

schlueter

but he uses a fake name, i.d, in first ep of season 5. if he got one made does he use the same birthday then I guess?

He could be a few years older still. may just have wanted to say 52 because he felt that was the order it should have been when it was simple. when he's really 56 or something because of how crazy things have gotten and forgot his other bdays.

that first ep is really fuckin' with me 

theis

Quote from: schlueter on Aug 10, 2012, 07:27 PM
He could be a few years older still. may just have wanted to say 52 because he felt that was the order it should have been when it was simple. when he's really 56 or something because of how crazy things have gotten and forgot his other bdays.

That would just be dumb.

It makes perfect sense that he's 52 in that scene.

50-51: Walt's rise to the top.

51-52: Walt's downward spiral.

jbmp1390

I agree with theis. It's most likely that the opening scenes are from walt's downfall, most likely about a year later, in Breaking Bad time. He's getting serious in terms of his grandiose thinking. Not that Walt isn't a smart guy, but he really knows nothing about the game, as they say in The Wire. Cooking meth does not give him knowledge of truly running a drug dealing operation. It's most likely that he will just continue with his crazy thinking until it gets him killed. Or at least someone in the family.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

chick de la lynch

Quote from: jbmp1390 on Aug 13, 2012, 12:27 AM
I agree with theis. It's most likely that the opening scenes are from walt's downfall, most likely about a year later, in Breaking Bad time. He's getting serious in terms of his grandiose thinking. Not that Walt isn't a smart guy, but he really knows nothing about the game, as they say in The Wire. Cooking meth does not give him knowledge of truly running a drug dealing operation. It's most likely that he will just continue with his crazy thinking until it gets him killed. Or at least someone in the family.

Exactly what I think. Walt is book smart, but not street smart. He keeps thinking the two are one in the same. I'm really surprised he hasn't been killed from that mentality, either. He really needs to stick with what he knows and let Mike deal with the business side of things. Like Marlo in The Wire, he's overstepping his boundaries.

bright lights, big city

What an episode. I wonder where they're going with this Todd character...
DERP

schlueter

made it more creepy re watching the opening and hearing the train whistle in the distance

theis

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 13, 2012, 06:31 AM
What an episode. I wonder where they're going with this Todd character...

I was sure he would be an undercover cop or something. Well, my mind quickly changed on that, haha.

Amazing episode! Tension was off the roof.

chick de la lynch

Man, I have never been that nervous watching a television show before! Great scene, however the ending broke my heart. I'm assuming Todd will be more prominent in the show after this...?

jbmp1390

Jesus Christ, all I can say.

bright lights, big city

So the Reservoir Dogs allusions on BB have been around for awhile, but now this season we've had actual mentions of Scarface, where "everyone dies", and of Heat, in an episode featuring a heist. Is Gilligan trying to tell us something?
DERP

sing blue silver

Last episode was fantastic. I too was thinking this Todd character might be an undercover cop or something but... definitely not. He's certainly fucked shit up though. Can't wait for next week. Walt is letting his ego get out of control. He's changed a lot in a year.

jbmp1390

I agree, his ego will probably end up being the death of him. I do kind of appreciate that they are trying to take the character that way though. One thing we should all have been able to glean from the very first season of this show is that their is not going to be a happy ending. Doesn't mean things might not work out, in a way, but it doesn't mean everything will end with smiles and sunshine. The show is not just a character study, but also a study of the meth game. Regardless of how walt is becoming more ruthless and egocentric, it's understandable because to be in that type of work you kind of need to be those things. Walt has now realized what Skyler is to stupid to see, that he cannot be half in half out with this game. He has to be all in and he understands that now. How HIS perception of that will affect him in the future remains to be completely seen. That's what is the most irritating about the character of Skyler. She never really wanted to be in, she just wanted to benefit from the end result of the business. That's nice but unfortunately that is not the way the drug game works. With any drug, even pot. That's why it's irritating that she has become such a crazy, judgemental bitch. She was happy to count the money, but she didn't consider the fact that shit will eventually get real. She should have considered that long before she agreed to become a serious part of what Walt does. Now that's she's in as deep as she is she needs to either deal with that and get on board, or basically die. Or at least leave. And I don't mean her leaving with the kids, I mean her leaving by herself. She put the kids in just as much danger as Walt by agreeing to be a part of what Walt does without even remotely considering all the aspects that go into that line of work. At least Walt is, mostly, aware of what kind of shit he is getting into.