Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Breaking Bad

Started by lithium, Apr 12, 2010, 09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sing blue silver

bebo

So i just now started this show... shieeeet

N0S3BLEED976

Plan for this evening: Watching the last three episodes of season 4 while enjoying a couple of beers. Gotta love weekends!

N0S3BLEED976

S04E11. Holy shit.

theis

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Oct 05, 2012, 09:00 PM
S04E11. Holy shit.

That last scene...one of the best moments in any show ever. Just chilling stuff.

Tempest2012

I've seen all the way through the 8 episodes of season 5 and I bought the first 4 seasons for my grandma and we are watching it along with Dexter. Awesome shit.
Minnesota Vikings - 4-1
NFL Picks 6-7

N0S3BLEED976

Finally started watching season 5 yesterday. The series is so sad sometimes. The tensions between the White family really drag me down. Probably because I get reminded of that whole mess in my own family...

bright lights, big city

do yourself a favor and skip forward to season 7.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

N0S3BLEED976

bright lights, big city

I can totally see amc pulling something like that. Splitting the remaining episodes across ANOTHER 2 years.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

N0S3BLEED976

Knowing that we'll get the second half of season 5 only in 2013 is pretty nasty. I seriously can't wait

bright lights, big city

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 18, 2012, 01:59 AM
do yourself a favor and skip forward to season 7.
oh by the way the idiot that I am said this because I thought this thread said Dexter. I'm a mess. I need sleep.
DERP

N0S3BLEED976

Those idiots! Just finished episode 8. This has to be one of the most severe cliffhangers I have ever seen.  :o

Vesanic

From S01E01 to S05E08 in less than a week. Best, most addictive series I've ever seen.

bright lights, big city

Quite impressive, sir. Nice work!
DERP

BillyNo.9

I am way fucking behind on this bandwagon. Started watching for the first time last night and I'm already on episode 7 of the first season. Only complaint is the continuity sometimes.

bright lights, big city

Coincidentally I just started over this series with a few friends last Sunday. Love it obviously, but I forgot how different season 1 feels from the rest of the show. Kind of cheesy in a way, especially with some of the music selections.
DERP

BillyNo.9

I guess I'll notice that in a couple of days

chick de la lynch

This thread is filled with discussion on Skyler White's character, so I found this article a very interesting read:

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/05/vince-gilligan-skyler-white/#more-252230

While I do sense misogyny when people say "Skyler White is a bitch", I think there reporter of this article makes another great point: Up to season five, we were all rooting for Walter. Up until that point, Walter's intentions for making meth was for the good of the family. He was our favorite anti-hero. I also think up until season five, Skyler's character was kind of flat and one dimensional. It wasn't until further in the series when I started understanding Skyler as a character and she finally started to take shape after she got involved with Walter's business.

Either way, both sides make good, valid points.

Zantera

A lot of people seem to think that the show would be better without Skyler and Walt Jr, but I don't agree with that at all. There needs to be a balance and characters that makes you mad are good characters, because they get you more invested in the show. If Skyler and Walt Jr disappeared, then the show would have no purpose. The driving core of the show is how Walt handles being a druglord and at the same time being a family-man.

Skyler annoys the hell out of me for the most part, but if she disappeared, the show would loose an important character.