Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Breaking Bad

Started by lithium, Apr 12, 2010, 06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Yeah we need to figure out who the machine gun's for, and also who's receiving the ricin. Jesse?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

tarkil

Fucking awesome last episodes.... This show is ending crazily !!! Amazing amazing piece of writing........
Can't wait for the next ones; shit's gonna go down, for sure !

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

theis

Most unbearable cliffhanger in TV history?

Goddamn, my heart nearly flew out of my chest.

bright lights, big city

Again... what an incredible tv show.

But yeah I despise cliffhangers.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

chick de la lynch

In the flash forward at the beginning of last season showed Hank questioning Walt, so is it safe to assume Hank will make it out alive of that shoot out?

Oh, and another terrific episode!

bright lights, big city

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Sep 09, 2013, 10:18 PM
In the flash forward at the beginning of last season showed Hank questioning Walt, so is it safe to assume Hank will make it out alive of that shoot out?
Wait they did? I thought it was just Walt at a Denny's with his birthday bacon and getting his monster gun.

I think he and Gomie might be gone next episode. Hank had the classic call-his-wife-to-let-her-he-loves-her-and-won't-be-home-for-awhile move. Death, right?
DERP

chick de la lynch

I could have sworn they showed Walt being questioned by Hank and Gomie. It's been a year since I saw that episode, so I could be wrong.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 09, 2013, 11:04 PM
Hank had the classic call-his-wife-to-let-her-he-loves-her-and-won't-be-home-for-awhile move. Death, right?

I thought exactly the same when I watched that episode!

luisch

Wait they did? I thought it was just Walt at a Denny's with his birthday bacon and getting his monster gun.

I think he and Gomie might be gone next episode. Hank had the classic call-his-wife-to-let-her-he-loves-her-and-won't-be-home-for-awhile move. Death, right?

Indeed
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

bright lights, big city

Don't drink and drive.

But if you do... call me.
DERP

Jacob

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Sep 10, 2013, 03:40 PM
Hank had the classic call-his-wife-to-let-her-he-loves-her-and-won't-be-home-for-awhile move. Death, right?

I thought exactly the same when I watched that episode!

Yeah, it all felt pretty obvious. I would be very very surprised if Hank didn't get killed in the next episode. The whole build-up, the panic in Walt when they arrived and the call Hank made to his wife. Not to mention, it would be pretty typical of Breaking Bad if Walt got away with it one more time.

I bet the machine gun is for Todd's uncle and his crew.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

bright lights, big city

DERP

chick de la lynch

A part of me is excited for the spin off, but also extremely nervous. Following up to Breaking Bad is not going to be easy, but I think Saul Goodman is a character I wish had more screen time throughout the series. We shall see.

chick de la lynch

This was bugging me so I went back and checked. I was referring to the wrong episode--it was the last episode of the first half of season 5. It was the last minute of the episode to be precise when Hank's on the toilet. There is a scene where Hank tells Walter about the book he found in the bathroom that opened the door on his investigation. I don't know if this was just a scene to show Hank putting everything together or if it will be revisited later on. I'm just glad I wasn't going nuts.

Also, wouldn't it be kind of a cop-out to use the "I-love-you-too-Marie"  line right before Hank dies? It just feels too expected coming from the writers of Breaking Bad.

chick de la lynch

Thanks to Shawn (Defskull), I now vaguely remember that was not a flash forward, but a flash back.

As far as tonight's episode: OH. MY. GOD. Did anyone cry during this episode? Because I did a few times, but more than likely PMS probably had a lot to do with it.

theis

I don't even...FUCK.

Most intense Breaking Bad episode ever. I was fucking shaking when it was over.

bright lights, big city

Whole season's had me on the edge of my seat, literally, but yeah I had a couple tears during this one. Loved everything about the episode. Holly, the phone scene, and that beginning sequence was great.

3 years worth of plot development in 1 hour.

DERP

chick de la lynch

Everyone gets an Emmy for this episode because DEAR GOD! Everything about this episode was perfect. And I never realized how cinematic this show really was until this season. The writers have seriously thought about the smallest of details, which makes me appreciate it even more.

Also, the phone call. It wasn't until I read the Warming Glow re-cap that I realized that Walt might have actually been saving Skyler from arrest. It would make sense since Walt was crying as he was yelling at her. For once throughout this series, was Walt actually thinking about someone else besides himself?

I'm sad this show is ending, but I'm even sadder that the series finale of Dexter is next week and absolutely nothing has happened throughout the whole season. The fact that Breaking Bad has shown us how a show should end, it really makes me sad that the writers of Dexter completely gave up. (I apologize for bringing this up in this thread, but I feel this is relevant.)

Jacob

Told ya :)

And yes, my intial thought after the phone call was that he knew there would be police listening and this was his way of distancing himself and his crimes from her.

I stand by my theory that the glimpses of the finale we've seen are Walt going after Todd's uncle for revenge.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

bright lights, big city

Yeah that's gotta be the end game now, I think.

Loved the focus of the knives in the opening scene with Skyler on the phone with Walt. I thought that was odd, and sure enough they show up again later.

Another thing I noticed was when Walt notices the gas leak in his car, and then the bullet hole on the side of the car. The way it was shot, the bullet hole was right in Walt's reflection, in his forehead.
DERP