Started by BBfan, Apr 15, 2010, 06:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sushi-X

Rocket Skates '94

fetisher

Quote from: MxKnife on Apr 16, 2010, 02:04 AM
Source?

http://www.deftonesworld.com/txt/deftones0500.txt

There are multiple sources for this online.  It takes about five seconds to Google.  Not that it matters.

Sushi-X

Dude i just wanted the source so i can read it to kill time at work.

Rocket Skates '94

Hidalgo

i stand corrected. i watched this a few years ago too. duhh. i totally forgot about this. it's settled

janie13

Quote from: kurtone on Apr 16, 2010, 06:43 AM
"he sang on the record"

[HD] Deftones - Live Summer Tour Portland OR, USA 07 06 2007 [13/16]

I totally remember that one.  Chino was drinking and dude was telling him he was already drunk.  Good stuff. 

Quote from: siL. on Apr 15, 2010, 07:29 AM
I can't imagine only now hearing about Deftones....in a way, I envy what you're about to experience!

Actually, I've heard about Deftones before, this isn't a new thing. I actually went to their concert a few years back, (2006 I think?) but didn't care for their sound then. (I only went 'cause my friend invited me and TFoT was supposed to open) - now my musical tastes are "expanding" if you will, and after listening to older songs, I enjoy them. ( I hate when that happens)

But thanks everyone - you can close this thread if you like. :)
[/quote]

That tour was 2007 with The Fall of Troy, i believe.  I was the first chance I actually got to see them.  Don't ask why.  And other than getting kicked in the head a few times, I loved every minute of it. 

Wax And Wane

I will save your life..

Sushi-X

Checked over the WP booklet and Weiland is uncredited.

Rocket Skates '94

ToneDef

Sushi-X

Nope. They only credit maynard for passenger and rodleen for knife party.

Rocket Skates '94

ToneDef

You know, I read some shit on Wikipedia the other day about Rodleen having something to do with Andy Dick. She got her fingers in a few pies nowadays.

Hidalgo

i remember way back she was on Andy Dick's episode of cribs, jusr randomly hangin out playing guitar and singing all sloppy. so she's known him for a long time. she looked psychotic

defTHE1s

Quote from: Wax And Wane on Apr 16, 2010, 04:54 PM
Quote from: kurtone on Apr 16, 2010, 06:43 AM
"he sang on the record"

[HD] Deftones - Live Summer Tour Portland OR, USA 07 06 2007 [13/16]

Holy shit I totally forgot about that video! Good stuff.  8)
same here dude, totally forgot about it, and he says a lot of things people are asking nowadays...

and as for the recommendation, as some here, i started with random songs (MOS, Change, BTS), and then got White Pony, ATF, S/T and Adrenaline, because by that time S/T was released
then got pumped by the bootlegs, and then SNW....... and you know the story

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...