Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Question about Deftones releases

Started by BBfan, Apr 15, 2010, 09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToneDef

He contributed to the melody on RX Queen

bebo

Chino said he sang under his vocals on the chorus. Hard to hear without headphones or what not

Wax And Wane

Thanks for the answers all!  :) I've listened to that song probably thousands of times and now i guess i need to listen even closer.  ;) But who really even needs an excuse to listen to Deftones.  ;D Not me
I will save your life..

Vesanic

Quote from: bebo on Apr 16, 2010, 12:40 AM
Chino said he sang under his vocals on the chorus. Hard to hear without headphones or what not

Indeed, there are two voices on RX Queen chorus.

Hidalgo

i think the story is Chino asked Scott Weiland to help him figure out some melodies to use for rx queen. i don't think weiland's voice is on the song, but maybe, it's way overpowered if it is

this would be something to ask Chino in an interview. i'm really thinkin weiland jusy helped with melody ideas, no vocals

Vesanic

Quote from: Hidalgo on Apr 16, 2010, 12:49 AM
i think the story is Chino asked Scott Weiland to help him figure out some melodies to use for rx queen. i don't think weiland's voice is on the song

I could be totally wrong as usual but I think that the second voice on RX Queen chorus is Weiland's.

ToneDef

I got a feeling it is. I'm sure I noticed it before, as bebo said, with headphones. I haven't listened to it in so long though. It's like a subtle layer underneath.

Wax And Wane

It's on there. lol. I just listened and realized it. lol.  ;D It's the lower harmony.
wikipedia also makes note of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Pony

I will save your life..

fetisher

Wikipedia:

Scott Weiland - additional vocals (on "RX Queen")

Hidalgo

Quote from: fetisher on Apr 16, 2010, 12:53 AM

Wikipedia:

yea, i don't quite trust wikipedia over the album sleeve and all i read over 10 years. but i guess it is possible. he's WAY in the background IF it's him. i certainly don't rule it out, but i still think he didn't do vocals

you gotta think, if his voice was on there they'd gladly credit him for it. plud they'd have to i think

Sushi-X

Dude's weiland's vocals are on there. the part where it goes 'Cause your my girl' that's when weiland can be heard. You just gotta listen to it carefully. And he is credited in the white pony booklet if i remember correctly

Rocket Skates '94

Jacob

I really need to listen to that more carefully. I love Scott Weiland's voice and I find it hard to believe I have missed it on RX Queen. but then again, it's never been one of my favorites and one of the songs I've listened to the least from WP.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Sushi-X

Blasphemy! What's wrong with Rx Queen?

Rocket Skates '94

Jacob

there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, I love it! but it has never been one of my favorites on WP.

anyways, just listened to it and call me crazy but I can definitely hear Scott on there. especially on the words "my girl".
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Sushi-X

Yup that's the part i pointed out. I can't believe most of you never noticed that it was weiland.

Rocket Skates '94

Moz

Quote from: Hidalgo on Apr 16, 2010, 12:56 AM

Wikipedia:

yea, i don't quite trust wikipedia over the album sleeve and all i read over 10 years. but i guess it is possible. he's WAY in the background IF it's him. i certainly don't rule it out, but i still think he didn't do vocals

you gotta think, if his voice was on there they'd gladly credit him for it. plud they'd have to i think

what the hell man, you can clearly hear it with a good stereo or headphones. discussion over. there IS no discussion.

ToneDef

Quote from: Jacob on Apr 16, 2010, 01:37 AM
I really need to listen to that more carefully. I love Scott Weiland's voice and I find it hard to believe I have missed it on RX Queen. but then again, it's never been one of my favorites and one of the songs I've listened to the least from WP.

I agree, I tend to skip it these days.

BBfan

Quote from: Jacob on Apr 15, 2010, 12:09 PM
so you've been hanging around here for 2 years and you're not even a fan of the band?

I guess you're here for the leaks/download threads then?

That is how I found about this site, yes. I do post around a bit, though and "contribute".

Quote from: fetisher on Apr 15, 2010, 10:16 PM
So, whats the BB stand for?  Backstreet Boys? Brian Boitano?

Haha, while I am a fan of BSB, that's not what it stands for. I like to keep people on their toes.

Quote from: siL. on Apr 15, 2010, 10:29 AM
I can't imagine only now hearing about Deftones....in a way, I envy what you're about to experience!

Actually, I've heard about Deftones before, this isn't a new thing. I actually went to their concert a few years back, (2006 I think?) but didn't care for their sound then. (I only went 'cause my friend invited me and TFoT was supposed to open) - now my musical tastes are "expanding" if you will, and after listening to older songs, I enjoy them. ( I hate when that happens)

But thanks everyone - you can close this thread if you like. :)

Hidalgo

Scott Weiland, the melody man, if he can't do it nobody can

fetisher

Quote from: Hidalgo on Apr 16, 2010, 12:56 AM

Wikipedia:

yea, i don't quite trust wikipedia over the album sleeve and all i read over 10 years.

Maybe you'd prefer a Chino quote?

RX Queen
"The most futuristic sounding song. Abe and I created the drum loop - its a crazy, bionic rhythm. I wrote a seedy guitar line over it, and worked with Scott Weiland (Stone Temple Pilots) on the vocals for the bridge. he came up with a really cool harmony for me to sing"