Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Massive" tour question...

Started by Robotsatemygrandma, Apr 15, 2010, 03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robotsatemygrandma

I remember hearing a while back, that our fav guys were thinking about booking a tour where they would play each album in it's entirety.

Question is: has there been anymore talk about it? Or are they waiting for Chi to get better?

I just started thinking about how Diamond Eyes is about to be released and they currently don't have a US tour booked in support of it. Which I find odd, but maybe they're in the process of getting something hammered out. Even then, tours are usually announced weeks ahead of an impending album release. I'm jabbering now.

I know if they did this, I would be at every show. Even if I had to roadtrip my ass out somewhere. No way would I miss something as epic (ugh) as this.

Hidalgo

you're not implying they'd play each album every night are you? that's almost 70 songs each night. 0 chance of that

anguria

It could be a good way to celebrate White Pony's 10th anniversary! That album would be my choice.

mikau

they've done that with adrenaline and around the fur. Id love to see them do the rest of the albums.

Imagine a DVD were they play one album each night, like coheed and cambria did.

anguria

Quote from: mikau on Apr 15, 2010, 04:51 PM
they've done that with adrenaline and around the fur. Id love to see them do the rest of the albums.

Imagine a DVD were they play one album each night, like coheed and cambria did.
If I have to imagine, I prefer to think about a live performance, with me on the first row, a very little moshing (possibly far from me) and a nice cold beer after.  :)

Menos el Oso

Yea, I remember when the Deftones were thinking about doing that. I hope they still have that tour idea in mind

sing blue silver

they should do a coheed and cambria neverender-esque thing.

Hesperian Death-Horse!

Didn't they play Adrenaline all the way through a few years back?

Vesanic

Quote from: Hesperian Death-Horse! on Apr 16, 2010, 12:54 AM

They did play ATF and Adrenaline in their entirety some while ago.

Starz

They played Adrenaline here in London. If they played S/T all the way through I'd be there no matter where they played...

deftoolsys07

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 16, 2010, 01:00 AM
Quote from: Hesperian Death-Horse! on Apr 16, 2010, 12:54 AM

They did play ATF and Adrenaline in their entirety some while ago.

yeah then they played a few more songs and that was it
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Robotsatemygrandma

Quote from: Hidalgo on Apr 15, 2010, 03:55 PM
you're not implying they'd play each album every night are you? that's almost 70 songs each night. 0 chance of that

No, I think they hinted that it would be 3 days in each city, 2 albums each night... or something to that extent. I highly doubt any band would be willing to do a 70 song set each night for longer then a week.

godin

i think they played all of adrenaline and all of around the fur during the Taste of Chaos tour but I can't remember whether it was on a side-stop or not.
Dingus.