Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

I want to bring back nerd rock....

Started by feedthegod, Apr 18, 2010, 06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

feedthegod

Yep, I've been rocking out to Hum and Weezer tonight. Not sure why, but it's been kind of fun. The early to mid 90's were a lot of fun with the change in music and the shift to rap rock and even some nerd rock thrown in. I know it might not be a "real" term, but I've decided to call it nerd rock. Bands like Weezer and Hum were kind of nerdy bands and I enjoy their music. I was listening to them at the same time I was listening to demo of Deftones, Korn, Marilyn Manson and Machine Head (yes kiddies, I was most likely listening to Deftones before you were born). Those bands have lost their luster and I'd like to bring them back. Who's with me!!!

There was something so innocent and losery (new word fuck you scrabble!) about their music. It's something we lack in todays over processed bullshit autotuned music world and it didn't have a long enough run. I'd generally say throw away your D&D and come get a 6 string beast, but these days you probably need to throw away your pokemon and naruto and rock the fuck out.

This thread is pointless if you haven't been drinking and playing guitar like me, but it's still fun. :)

Also, as a side note, I'm going to post another thread about this years revolution of 90's music....check it out...lol

Sushi-X

Post this in the music thread along with the other thread you made

Rocket Skates '94

feedthegod

very insightful, thanks for posting! Genius at work here people....

Starz

Best Weezer album to listen to for a first time listener who only really has heard Buddy Holy and Hash Shite?

Sushi-X

Just letting ya know before some one else flames you for your obvious mental superiority.

Rocket Skates '94

tarkil

Quote from: Starz on Apr 18, 2010, 12:53 PM
Best Weezer album to listen to for a first time listener who only really has heard Buddy Holy and Hash Shite?

Their Blue album :

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

theis

^ That and Pinkerton (my personal favorite)

bright lights, big city

Quote from: theis on Apr 18, 2010, 07:15 PM
^ That and Pinkerton (my personal favorite)
yeah that's all you really need from the Weez
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Sushi-X

Rocket Skates '94

AroundThePonyDK

90`s rocked...i was watching Nickelodeon,killing Tamagotchi and discovered the Limp Bizkit (without them ,i`d never start to listening metal-like music)
i borned in 86 ,so i was a kiddo during the 90`s, but sure enough those were the  best years of my life.So far.
About Weezer:if they will ever write good songs again,i want to bring them back too!

Deftones-argentina

Apollo, that hum song is one of the best slowest songs ever. It makes me feel like I'm a little kid in the moon.

your sister gets me hard

Quote from: AroundThePonyDK on Apr 18, 2010, 11:42 PM
90`s rocked...i was watching Nickelodeon,killing Tamagotchi and discovered the Limp Bizkit (without them ,i`d never start to listening metal-like music)
i borned in 86 ,so i was a kiddo during the 90`s, but sure enough those were the  best years of my life.So far.
About Weezer:if they will ever write good songs again,i want to bring them back too!

So your life has been downhill for the past decade?  Bummer.

AroundThePonyDK

not like that`s your business,but it could`ve been better...