Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

re-revolution of 90's music

Started by feedthegod, Apr 18, 2010, 04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

feedthegod

Wow, WTF is going on this year. I've noticed that ALL of the bands I listen to during the 90's are making a comeback this year

Helmet (will be awesome)
Korn (will suck)
Deftones (pretty epic)
Limp Bizkit (will blow)
Far (praying will be epic)
Taproot (already sounding good)
Soulfly
Sevendust
Stone Temple Pilots (will blow)
Danzig
Tool (writing new album)
Will Haven (will it be out this year?)

The list goes on and on. What is going on!!! There are a bunch of good bands putting out albums this year. Dont' get me wrong, it's great, but it's funny to see all of these bands at the tail end of their career coming out with music to try and recapture their youth. I know I'm starting to get old hitting my early 30's, but I still love most of these bands "just because". Hell I got started with the deftones from one of Chino's ex-girlfriends and I've been into them since around 93! That is a pretty long time! It's good, but kind of funny.

Where the fuck is failure?!?!?!?

Starz

Taproot put out an album last year. Realised what a load of shit it was so decided to sign to Victory to try and get back to their 'roots' and from what I've heard so far is awful...

bright lights, big city

i still don't understand why Victory even signed them
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

your sister gets me hard

Possible Ween album this year, noob.

sing blue silver

tool and deftones are really the only interesting ones. all of those bands from the 90's lost their touch a long time ago. korn should just call it quits. frankly their career has become embarrassing and the lyrics have become incredibly redundant. wes should have never come back to limp bizkit, he could have actually been a very interesting creative force if he didn't weigh himself down with shit durst.