Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

KFC WTF?!

Started by raynor, Apr 19, 2010, 08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nailec

Quote from: derekautomatica on Apr 26, 2010, 11:44 PM
Quote from: White Pwny on Apr 26, 2010, 05:39 PM
I get that some people don't eat meat..... I get it.   But I really HATE when they have to start peddling their propaganda about how it's animal cruelty.     Jesus himself ate fish...   that cruel bastid...

animal cruelty to me is when you beat the shit out of a cat and use it's fur to make a coat. THAT'S ANIMAL CRUELTY. But when people hunt and eat animals as a means to survive...i don't see the problem. Now the way they use animals for our eating pleasure is fucked up...but according to Darwin it's simply natural selection...there's no way around it.

darwin didnt intend to write a normative anthrpology.
we are human and to most people we arent working just as a natural entity. we developed culture and have become able to reflect our being.

as a matter of fact we dont actually require meat to stay alive. this is nothing else but socialization that makes want to eat meat. we can work perfectly on vegan food alone.

there is actually a lot of animal cruelty happening in the food-industry, you must know that. and its probablly worse than beating a cat for no reason. corporations want to maximize their capital and in the process a lot of them are giving a shit on such things as animal rights. (for example you can just slit some animals throat to kill it or you can kill it with a more effective but more expensive injection).

the least you can do to regard at least the most fundamental animal rights is to make clear, that corporations work transparent for the public sphere and work together with (independent!!!) governmental representatives who make sure that everything is fine.

Nailec

btw: im neither vegetarian nor vegan because a) i cant afford to and b) i have grown up on a farm and just like meat

but goddamnit blixa made some points that must at least affect your moral a little bit:

a) cows are a huge factor to climate change (you can now post all your lobbyists "scientific" articles against it, but  i tend to rely on european science, not on the american where everyone is bought by some bigger corporation
b) violation of fundamental animal rights

-if youre eating fish youre hopefully aware that the cheaper you buy, the higher the chances are, your buying some fish that is extincted in a couple of years.
-most fats coming from animals are bad fats that may cause your hear to implode or explode or whatever

my personal conclusion it is reasonable for everyone to lower their meat consumption voluntarly because you dont lose anything. im down for 2-3 times meat per weak (plus some salami for bread etc.)

im also not too sure if were all that free when were eating meat because were used to eat it since our childhood and dont even reflect it anymore. expecially fat may make you addicted just like alcohol and thc and your wouldnt call an alcoholic a free person, would you?

theis

Wow, this thread took a 180.

Vesanic

blixa

thank you, nailec. finally a person who responded maturely and intelligently.

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Apr 26, 2010, 07:35 PM
It's the unfortunate consequence of one's inability to intellectually win an argument...  Although she does tend to make some rather inflammatory statements from the standpoint of people who have a love, as opposed to a disdain for humanity.

what is so inflammatory about stating the FACT that animal agriculture is one of the leading causes of climate change. i'm paraphrasing natalie portman here when i say that the human cost of factory farming - both the compromised welfare of slaughterhouse workers and, even more, the environmental effects of the mass production of animals - is staggering. factory-farmed food is making hundreds of millions of dollars for CEOs of corporations at the expense of normal people.

the thing i can't respect is the willful forgetting, the kind of people who say "i simply don't want to think about it." it's like not saying something when someone says rape is alright. i think there are a lot of responsible conclusions one could reach about whether to eat animals. there's selective meat-eating from responsible growers and there's being a vegetarian.

it's an unpopular stance to say what i said but hell, i've never really been very popular here anyway and i don't care. i believe eating meat is wrong. that is my personal belief. i'm not saying that i would love to enforce this ideal on anyone. what i would love is for people to reconsider the impact of the way we not only kill our animals, but the way we treat them also. i think there should be harsher legislation passed to find more humane ways in which they are treated and killed.

and no one has given me a reasonable response as to how you can truly love animals yet be perfectly okay with eating them considering the way they are farmed and killed?

derekautomatica

i heard cows far methane gas. Isn't that bad for the ozone? Therefore they shall all perish!

Jacob

Quote from: derekautomatica on Apr 27, 2010, 06:30 AM
i heard cows far methane gas. Isn't that bad for the ozone? Therefore they shall all perish!

well, so do you, so why not take one for the team?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

wheresmysnare

Over population is the problem i.e. what is the carbon footprint of a human through out their life in comparison to a cow or a 4x4. We should do what China did and put a cap on people in general, one child each if you're lucky.

wheresmysnare

when i say cap i do not mean a hat.

Jacob

yeah, I've said that for years: start regulating who can get kids and how many. we should mainly go by how hot the mother is.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

deftones86

Cause its finger fuckin lickin good
SHRINK - Kentucky Fried Chicken (Clip of the Day - PART 20)

Oh and whats with all this blah blah cows fart and kill us blah blah.

wheresmysnare

your sister gets me hard

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Apr 27, 2010, 01:41 PM
We should do what China did and put a cap on people in general, one child each if you're lucky.

Yeah, that worked out perfectly.

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: Nailec on Apr 26, 2010, 10:17 PM
lol@
-the comparision between blixa and the nazis (i know such argumentation is more common outside germany. but still, i would punch you in the face for that and force you to give an excuse in front of a jewish person)

I was not comparing blixa to the Nazis, I was comparing the hardcore environmental movement to the Nazi movement.  Obviously there are stark, clear contrasts between the two, but there are very few movements that have used a "religious" belief in their cause (i say religious because the environmental/global warming/climate change movement operates like a faith-based movement in that no attempts at bringing any sort of reason to their attention have any effect) to cause so much death across the globe.  You have to realize that it's not the big, evil corporations that take a hit because of environmental regulations.  It is every single person that uses energy or has the potential to in the entire world.  Because of the animal rights movement and the enormous costs it's imposed on food purveyors, people in third world countries starve.  That is economic fact, and it's something COMPLETELY ignored by all of these Al Gore types and people like yourself.  So talk about how compassionate these people are, you just can't be ignorant to the fact that these movements slow the progress of all mankind, impoverishing the globe so #1 we'll inevitably be too poor to be able to have the discretionary resources to invest towards ground breaking, "green" energy and #2 people in third world countries will not be able to afford to industrialize and support themselves and in the process, PEOPLE WILL CONTINUE DYING.

And by the way, you're insanely ignorant for saying that global warming dissent is only given by corporate-supported, American hack-scientists.  Check out this list, I'm sure among the 700 papers, there's a few non-Americans.

http://www.populartechnology.net/2009/10/peer-reviewed-papers-supporting.html

Quote from: blixa on Apr 27, 2010, 03:38 AM
thank you, nailec. finally a person who responded maturely and intelligently.

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Apr 26, 2010, 07:35 PM
It's the unfortunate consequence of one's inability to intellectually win an argument...  Although she does tend to make some rather inflammatory statements from the standpoint of people who have a love, as opposed to a disdain for humanity.

what is so inflammatory about stating the FACT that animal agriculture is one of the leading causes of climate change. i'm paraphrasing natalie portman here when i say that the human cost of factory farming - both the compromised welfare of slaughterhouse workers and, even more, the environmental effects of the mass production of animals - is staggering. factory-farmed food is making hundreds of millions of dollars for CEOs of corporations at the expense of normal people.

the thing i can't respect is the willful forgetting, the kind of people who say "i simply don't want to think about it." it's like not saying something when someone says rape is alright. i think there are a lot of responsible conclusions one could reach about whether to eat animals. there's selective meat-eating from responsible growers and there's being a vegetarian.

it's an unpopular stance to say what i said but hell, i've never really been very popular here anyway and i don't care. i believe eating meat is wrong. that is my personal belief. i'm not saying that i would love to enforce this ideal on anyone. what i would love is for people to reconsider the impact of the way we not only kill our animals, but the way we treat them also. i think there should be harsher legislation passed to find more humane ways in which they are treated and killed.

I'm not saying pollution caused by agriculture is a good thing, it is most definitely something that needs to be constantly improved over time.  But you have to realize, there is not enough global wealth in our day and age to be able to devote the resources it would take to achieve your utopia-sort of really nice agriculture industry.  Does that mean that I don't think that companies that pollute should be brought to court by those who are affected by the pollution (which is a main reason I am such a fan of property rights)?  Hell no, I think that they should most certainly be sued.  But look, you're not just forcing their CEOs to take a hit on their salary when you make the companies incur these expenses, it increases prices for EVERYONE.  Watch this video, i beg of you.

http://media.mises.org/video/HS_2009/05_HS2009_Woods.wmv

and no one has given me a reasonable response as to how you can truly love animals yet be perfectly okay with eating them considering the way they are farmed and killed?

It's the ability to recognize the fact that you need to be able to differentiate between human and animal rights, animals would not afford us the same rights we give to them if it came down to them needing to eat.  That's it.

sing blue silver

Quote from: your sister gets me hard on Apr 27, 2010, 09:24 PM
We should do what China did and put a cap on people in general, one child each if you're lucky.

let's just get full on evil with this shit and demand breeding licenses and an IQ test to procreate. also we'll just cut off any ability for lower class people to have kids. should solve that problem rather nicely.

generally it never works out well. i think the human race is just a self-dooming species. we're incredibly stupid. we always have been and always will be. rational people are in the vast minority so to think it'll ever change on a global scale is pointless. i say we just sit back, relax and watch the world die by it's own hand. surprisingly i find this the least stressful approach. you say it's pessimistic, i say it's realistic.

wheresmysnare

Quote from: sing blue silver on Apr 27, 2010, 09:34 PM
Quote from: your sister gets me hard on Apr 27, 2010, 09:24 PM

let's just get full on evil with this shit and demand breeding licenses and an IQ test to procreate. also we'll just cut off any ability for lower class people to have kids. should solve that problem rather nicely.

generally it never works out well. i think the human race is just a self-dooming species. we're incredibly stupid. we always have been and always will be. rational people are in the vast minority so to think it'll ever change on a global scale is pointless. i say we just sit back, relax and watch the world die by it's own hand. surprisingly i find this the least stressful approach. you say it's pessimistic, i say it's realistic.

If religion would fuck off that would be a start, a religion that bans contraception is, well...not really helping the situation. I know that more people makes the economy swell as there are more people parting with their money every second of the day. However, if the population keeps increasing and there is a finite amount of resources regardless of the half hearted recycling that goes on, what will happen to the economy in the long run.

Think the only solution is to have some overall management, a world government, get some rules on the go, build healthy competition, not this 'i have a nuclear programme and you don't attitude'. Seriously, why in this day and age should anyone need a nuclear programme.

Drastic things like a limit on children sound stupid in todays society but i dont see how it wont happen eventually.

Vesanic

ROFLMAO.

Let's make a stop for a second, just to point something out...

Here is the first post of this topic, the main subject:

Quote from: raynor on Apr 19, 2010, 08:33 PM
http://www.kfc.com/doubledown/

Does anyone seriously order this?

And here's the latest post:

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Apr 27, 2010, 10:30 PM
If religion would fuck off that would be a start, a religion that bans contraception is, well...not really helping the situation. I know that more people makes the economy swell as there are more people parting with their money every second of the day. However, if the population keeps increasing and there is a finite amount of resources regardless of the half hearted recycling that goes on, what will happen to the economy in the long run.

Think the only solution is to have some overall management, a world government, get some rules on the go, build healthy competition, not this 'i have a nuclear programme and you don't attitude'. Seriously, why in this day and age should anyone need a nuclear programme.

Drastic things like a limit on children sound stupid in todays society but i dont see how it wont happen eventually.

How did that shit happen ?!  ;D

wax

We should do what China did and put a cap on people in general
Quote from: wheresmysnare on Apr 27, 2010, 01:42 PM
when i say cap i do not mean a hat.

putting a hat on people is a damn good idea tho

Nailec

:D

as far as i know there are discussions in china going to get rid of their one-child-policy because it does more harm on the long run.

sing blue silver

FORSAKE ALL OTHER SANDWICHES BEFORE ME FOR I AM YOUR GOD NOW!!!