Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Worst Job You Ever Had

Started by derekautomatica, Apr 22, 2010, 08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Apr 25, 2010, 11:58 AM
Quote from: ToneDef on Apr 23, 2010, 11:53 PM
McDonald's

same here, i remember the day we were told the mcdonalds inspector was coming the next day, the manager expected us to stay till literally 4am with no extra pay to make everything sparkle so he could get a good report. FUCK THAT.

totally offtopic, but your sign is epic.

blixa

i worked as a waitress for about two months at a strip club. i was substituting for a friend while she was gone. i couldn't wait to leave the place. i felt disgusting the whole time i was there. it wasn't even a proper strip club. they had illegal migrants working there. they were paid well but still...the boss was a legit crazy fuck arse who was always on my back about buttoning down my shirt. I HAVE NO BREASTS, WHAT IS THE POINT?!?

wheresmysnare

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Apr 25, 2010, 03:36 PM
McDonald's

same here, i remember the day we were told the mcdonalds inspector was coming the next day, the manager expected us to stay till literally 4am with no extra pay to make everything sparkle so he could get a good report. FUCK THAT.

Thanks man, i made it way back, i really need to download photoshop again and make a new one.

Quote from: blixa on Apr 26, 2010, 01:12 PM
i worked as a waitress for about two months at a strip club.

Sweet job!

Quote from: blixa on Apr 26, 2010, 01:12 PMI HAVE NO BREASTS, WHAT IS THE POINT?!?

Always a point!... seriously though, i mean it's not totally beyond the realms of possibility that a strip club owner might want the female staff to dress slightly more slutty than your average pub. I understand it might be uncomortable but then you know...you're working in a strip club!

McDonalds made me wear a dumb ass hat! thank god it was only for a summer inbetween uni

Sushi-X

Quote from: derekautomatica on Apr 23, 2010, 06:28 PM
Quote from: MxKnife on Apr 23, 2010, 01:55 AM
CVS pharmacy. Nasty breakup + some of the most bad/depressing music blaring on the store radio = 8 hours of fuckin agonizing torture! I'm surprised i didn't drink the entire store liquor stock then slash my wrist with a broken bottle lol

the music was just as bad at Walgreens. I loved it when people would try to use coupons for the wrong thing. They would try to hustle us and threaten to complain to the upper ups...they'd just give them the same answer. NO!

did you have to listen to shit like hootie and the blowfish, goo goo dolls, the police, hoobastank, plain white t's, just to name some of the crap i still (shudders) remember?

man i hated that coupon shit. you'd have a line and you get the one asshole who uses their coupons. And then if they expired they get pissed off at you for not doing your job.

Rocket Skates '94

Corleone

grocery warehouse, fulltimers driving like maniacs in freezers and wet produce areas, just fucked up depressed ppl

White Pwny

I worked for 6 years in a Nursing Home.   While it was one of the most fulfilling things I've done in my life... it was also the most depressing.   
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

derekautomatica

Quote from: MxKnife on Apr 26, 2010, 06:00 PM
Quote from: derekautomatica on Apr 23, 2010, 06:28 PM
Quote from: MxKnife on Apr 23, 2010, 01:55 AM
CVS pharmacy. Nasty breakup + some of the most bad/depressing music blaring on the store radio = 8 hours of fuckin agonizing torture! I'm surprised i didn't drink the entire store liquor stock then slash my wrist with a broken bottle lol

the music was just as bad at Walgreens. I loved it when people would try to use coupons for the wrong thing. They would try to hustle us and threaten to complain to the upper ups...they'd just give them the same answer. NO!

did you have to listen to shit like hootie and the blowfish, goo goo dolls, the police, hoobastank, plain white t's, just to name some of the crap i still (shudders) remember?

man i hated that coupon shit. you'd have a line and you get the one asshole who uses their coupons. And then if they expired they get pissed off at you for not doing your job.

haha yeah that's the trash they would play. people that would come in would say "what the fuck is going on with the music"

and the older people that used to the coupons were the best. they'd cut em' out wrong and fuck up the bar code.

Livewire

Quote from: MxKnife on Apr 26, 2010, 06:00 PM

I know you're not talking crap about The Police. Sting, okay, but not The Police.

Sushi-X

Ah dude, the Police fuckin blow. Roxanne is decent. But everythings else is just generic Shit. And what band that sings a song that goes 'goo goo gah' is fuckin good?

Rocket Skates '94

bright lights, big city

Quote from: MxKnife on Apr 27, 2010, 04:01 AM
Ah dude, the Police fuckin blow. Roxanne is decent. But everythings else is just generic Shit. And what band that sings a song that goes 'goo goo gah' is fuckin good?
you must mean "de do do do, de da da da". sure that song sucks, but most of their other material is awesome.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Sushi-X

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 27, 2010, 04:39 AM
you must mean "de do do do, de da da da". sure that song sucks, but most of their other material is awesome.

Give me 10 songs (excluding synchronicity II, Can't stand losing you, don't stand so close to me, Every breath you take, and message in a bottle) you consider good and that might make me change my opinion

Rocket Skates '94

blixa

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Apr 26, 2010, 05:06 PM
Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Apr 25, 2010, 03:36 PM
McDonald's

Thanks man, i made it way back, i really need to download photoshop again and make a new one.

Quote from: blixa on Apr 26, 2010, 01:12 PM
i worked as a waitress for about two months at a strip club.

Sweet job!

Quote from: blixa on Apr 26, 2010, 01:12 PMI HAVE NO BREASTS, WHAT IS THE POINT?!?

Always a point!... seriously though, i mean it's not totally beyond the realms of possibility that a strip club owner might want the female staff to dress slightly more slutty than your average pub. I understand it might be uncomortable but then you know...you're working in a strip club!

McDonalds made me wear a dumb ass hat! thank god it was only for a summer inbetween uni

there were plenty of tits around. if you got it, flaunt it i suppose. i just don't have anything on my chest. i wore this super padded bra which felt like i had bread rolls down my bra.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: MxKnife on Apr 27, 2010, 06:02 AM

Give me 10 songs (excluding synchronicity II, Can't stand losing you, don't stand so close to me, Every breath you take, and message in a bottle) you consider good and that might make me change my opinion
sure take away their best of the best haha. ok here are some that i enjoy:
So Lonely
Walking On the Moon
King of Pain
Spirits in the World
Invisible Sun
Next to You
Wrapped Around Your Finger
Every Little Thing She Does is Magic
Landlord
Secret Journey

just download one of their greatest hits or a singles collection, instead the full albums
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 27, 2010, 02:32 PM

So Lonely
Walking On the Moon
King of Pain
Spirits in the World
Invisible Sun
Next to You
Landlord
Secret Journey

just download one of their greatest hits or a singles collection, instead the full albums

I'm going to have to say the Police are pretty badass as well. 

Livewire

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 27, 2010, 02:32 PM

So Lonely
Walking On the Moon
King of Pain
Spirits in the World
Invisible Sun
Next to You
Landlord
Secret Journey

I would also have to add Bring on the Night and Truth Hits Everybody to that list.

faux_real

I was a cocktail waitress at a strip club, I quit once they wanted me to go on stage and wipe down the poles.  :-\
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

derekautomatica

Quote from: faux_real on May 04, 2010, 08:18 PM
I was a cocktail waitress at a strip club, I quit once they wanted me to go on stage and wipe down the poles.  :-\

the one i went to the girls would wipe them down before their dance.

still pretty gross though.

wheresmysnare

Quote from: derekautomatica on May 04, 2010, 10:34 PM
Quote from: faux_real on May 04, 2010, 08:18 PM

the one i went to the girls would wipe them down before their dance.

still pretty gross though.

They should employ a pole to do it.

BADDDDDDDDDUMMMMMMMMMM TSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH

i'm here all week,

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I GET IT. BECAUSE POLACKS AREN'T FIT TO DO A JOB THAT ISN'T OBSCENE TO A REAL HUMAN BEING.

LOLOLOL

Mr. Bisquits