Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Khoma

Started by jesusinabowlofdirt, Apr 23, 2010, 10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesusinabowlofdirt

the new khoma record is pretty solid..  http://www.myspace.com/khoma   ..been listening to it a lot recently.

looking back at past releases, dont think there has been one review without mentioning deftones and radiohead. i dont know about that, but they are always on point

Jacob

I think they have a unique sound, can't really compare to a lot of other bands. the music itself does remind me of Cult of Luna though, but that's not surprising considering there are members from that band in Khoma.

but anyways, I've only listened to the new album once and it's nothing that stuck. I love their previous album, but I do have one problem: the singer tends to annoy me after 5-6 songs. and that's what put me off the new album, I kinda tuned out after a while because I couldn't stand hearing his voice any longer. it's a shame, because the music is top notch.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

jesusinabowlofdirt

yeah he sounds a little whiney and it can get a little too much at times. same thing with dredg.kind of strained vocals when they try to reach certain notes.
but if you dont stand several songs in a row,just listen to the first 3 songs of the new one.none of em are a new "fifth column (i've seen evil)" but still great stuff.i think harvest has some neurosis noices in the beginning and the guitars in the ending reminds me of dredg a little. hey i said A LITTLE.
and the verse of tide sounds very much like something from the cure disintegration record

Slacker

maybe ill give it a spin at midnight

DenOndaNissen

Khoma is really awesome! Saw them live a couple of days ago, really stunning! Khoma live is the way to experience them, so much feelings and energy. The singer sings almost better live than on the cd, pretty cool! I works at the venue they played so i had the chance to talk to the guys. they are relly cool and down to earth.

jesusinabowlofdirt

i have seen them once, it was in the summer of 2006, some kind of festival in sthlm.. they played in a little bunker near slussen,dont remember the name but it wasnt debaser. it was pretty good, he did some chino moves. and then some hours later blindside played in another spot but also in sthlm. that was a good day