Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Electronic Gaming Monthly

Started by Sushi-X, Apr 30, 2010, 11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sushi-X

Just picked up the re launch issue. Man i'm so happy they're back. Anyone else excited?

Rocket Skates '94

bright lights, big city

I totally subscribed to this for years. best gaming mag ever, i was pissed last year when they got canned and the remainder of my subscription went to Maxim. I presume this re-incarnation is even better? I should just go drop the $25 on it, I don't know why I'm waiting.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

RoyalDeftonicBoy

I remember this magazine, pretty cool but with internet I do not think a lot of ppl will be interested on spending money on subscriptions.

bright lights, big city

i saw the preview issue, and actually i gotta disagree, for now. upon first viewing it really is pretty awesome, if you can don't have dial-up. just how everything (game videos, trailers, scrolling through pics, etc) is streamlined is great, i think i am going to plunk the money at least for the 6 month subscription since this used to be my favorite magazine. plus you still get the hard copy every month.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Sushi-X

There's still a market for paper magazines. They seem to have a good strategy. And hopefully it will work out. Plus, i don't see how a magazine like GamePro can still be around despite their mediocricy. The way i see it, EGM is to gaming the same way RS is to music. Except, EGM has always had the balls to not sell out their integrity.

Rocket Skates '94

samson simpson

had this mag always in the middle of the text books we had in middle school ( along with marvel , DC comics and explicit mags containing beautiful harlots in degrading positions) I guess that contributed somewhat to my grades at that time !

good to know they are still going strong