Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: Hank on May 18, 2013, 06:46 AM
Does anyone have any extra info on this?

HR (from Bad Brains) documentary "Finding Joseph I"

It seems like Chino has a good bit of insight on it.

I've been waiting for this for a long time. The bad brains influenced everyone, even those who don't admit it. Deftones are the biggest heir to their throne. Madonna signed them both at the same time and they both released record in 1995 and bad brains let them open up for them. think about being Chino, here is his favorite singer and now he just scored a record deal and gets to open for him. that's amazing. / real Reggae music is my favorite music, and H.R.'s solo stuff set me on the path, I love it all, more then the brains.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

normsteez

eros is years and years away. I still have doubts we will ever hear it.
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

SwerveCityUSA

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on May 20, 2013, 01:56 AM
Quote from: normsteez on May 20, 2013, 01:31 AM
eros is months away. I still have expectations it will be great.
Don't think so Chino said if they did release it they would probably do it after their next new album so i'd go with years

SwerveCityUSA

there's no way they would take "years" to release It, you guys are the most pessimistic bunch ever. What would even be the point in that? it's already been years. Might as well say fuck it then. I just saw an interview with Chino today, from a week ago talking about it positively, saying this time more than ever if feels right for the fans to hear it and all that.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on May 20, 2013, 03:24 AM
there's no way they would take "years" to release It, you guys are the most pessimistic bunch ever. What would even be the point in that? it's already been years. Might as well say fuck it then. I just saw an interview with Chino today, from a week ago talking about it positively, saying this time more than ever if feels right for the fans to hear it and all that.
lol go the previous page and listen to the splintr interview, in it Chino says if they do release it will most likely after their next new album, we're not being pessimistic we're just repeating what Chino said.

SwerveCityUSA

Why lol?

I just found an interview from a week ago where he was optimistic about it being upcoming.

DeftonesNZ

Because in that very same interview he also said most likely after the next album so that's a few years away still

slyartwork

DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on May 20, 2013, 06:07 AM
Because in that very same interview he also said most likely after the next album so that's a few years away still

nope. they've never taken longer then 2 years and 11 months. from white pony to self titled. but in that respect it was what, 3 years and 7 months between SNW and Diamond Eyes, but the only reason we're talking is because of the missing piece that was suppose to be in between that. It's coming out, you don't have to quench sweat, drink some water.

DeftonesNZ

yeah but the record company wouldn't want to simultaneously release two albums so there would a gap in  between the new album and Eros, Chances are they would want the band to do a tour specifically promoting each album in order to get the most revenue.

SwerveCityUSA

I See where your coming from but no one can really predict politics. I would think in all honesty they would like to get eros finished because it almost is and to put that chapter away. either way, its ok, I have no reason at all to think it wont be out by sometime next year, that's just me I guess.

DeftonesNZ

I'm sure if it was up to the band it would be out very soon but the record company still has alot invested in that record giving that they paid for all the development of it and they'll be looking to get that back, it's sad though I think if it was up to to the guys they would just put it out low key but Warner will probably want them to do the whole new album release thing.

sing blue silver

Diamond Eyes was made with the left over money and studio time from Eros. That's why it had to be done so fast. By putting out Diamond Eyes the band delivered the label they were contractually obligated to by the label. Warner got their return for that investment. I may be wrong but I'm fairly certain the Eros recordings are completely in the hands of the band now. Of course the label is going to want a say in things but I think promo (touring, interviews, music videos, etc.) for it would be minimal. Touring on it doesn't seem likely at all. Chino does say he thinks the band will do another album first and that's fine by me but I don't think Eros would be far behind it. They'd tour a new album and all that and probably put Eros out when they get some downtime. Purely speculation but that's my take on things. We'll get it someday but for now I'm happy either way.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah I'm sure Diamond Eyes paid them back but record companies are greedy and they'll try to get money of it anyway, I think it was up to the band they would just put it out without tour and stuff but I'm guessing that under their contract that Warner owns the rights to the music, interesting thought I just remembered in an old interview after Diamond Eyes when asked about Eros Chino said the usual when it's ready thing and Stephen said he thought they should have released both Eros and Diamond Eyes as a double album thing so maybe they might do tha with the next one, I don't really expect much of it to be played live either Chino said it's real emotional just listening to it because it was recorded basically the last time he talked to Chi, performing without him would be heartbreaking.

N0S3BLEED976

Chuck Billy is Stephen's Cousin?  :o

Oh, and they're obviously half-drunk, it's funny to see them being happy and messing around. Lol at Chino scratching his nose with the award by the way (3:19 mins)

White Wrist

DeftonesNZ

I wish she would leave but just keeping filming the conversation it was way better than the normal interview questions.

elite54

I wish she would just take her shirt off...  ;D