Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sing blue silver

She should've walked away and left the camera running. It's fun when it's not the typical interview bullshit and Chino had obviously had a few sips.

VictorPL

wrong topic, interview was cool. wish there were more interviews where theyre a bit drunk

Gee

At 1:37 is the most awesome thing I've seen in a long long time !
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

downtownpony

Quote from: Gee on May 22, 2013, 01:10 PM

You're pathetic

pony_01

nicklav

kly617

Inkblades

Awesome interview inded. Really cool seeing them reflecting on each album and the process behind them.

LOL @ Abe on Moana. That was hilarious.

I agree 100% with Chino about SNW. It also seems like Eros isn't his favorite record. Still want to hear it, of course.

Gee

Quote from: downtownpony on May 24, 2013, 03:44 AM
Quote from: Gee on May 22, 2013, 01:10 PM

You're pathetic

What's your problem ?

DeftonesNZ

One of the best interviews I've seen with them, the questions were good so the answers he got were actually honest, compared to normal interviews where they get asked the same stuff over and over and just give the same responses. Also I wonder if that's why the song about Chi on Diamond Eyes is called Risk, could be because they played the Risk board game together all the time while making Eros.

Gee

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on May 25, 2013, 11:26 AM
Also I wonder if that's why the song about Chi on Diamond Eyes is called Risk, could be because they played the Risk board game together all the time while making Eros.

Yeah I thought of that, the title of the song might also relate to the chorus, the fact he's saying he'll "try" to save his life and that in itself is taking a chance so risking to fail. But that would be definitely Chino's style to name it Risk after the game...I wonder why they actually didn't name any song of the S/T "Dominos" knowing they were claiming having played a lot during the sessions of that record.

Anyway, that was probably one of the best if not the best interview I've seen of them.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah I could actually imagine S/T having a song called "Dominos" , it'd be a super heavy song like WGTB

Korea Rounding

Nice interview, but nothing new really. A good introduction interview for noobs to catch up though.

Jesus2Chino

Even though it has all been said before, the long term perspective of that interview makes me appreciate Diamond Eyes more; not necessarily in a way that has the music sounding significantly better, but more in a contextual way. I also really appreciate them making the Koi no Yokan is to Diamond Eyes as Around the Fur is to Adrenaline statement, as I think that's the feeling a lot of people have as well. Now it's time for their next dynamic explosion a la White Pony :). **Disclaimer** I do not expect nor want another White Pony, it's just an analogy.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

Gee

Quote from: Jesus2Chino on May 25, 2013, 01:26 PM
I also really appreciate them making the Koi no Yokan is to Diamond Eyes as Around the Fur is to Adrenaline statement, as I think that's the feeling a lot of people have as well. Now it's time for their next dynamic explosion a la White Pony :). **Disclaimer** I do not expect nor want another White Pony, it's just an analogy.

Yeah I liked the fact he said that as well. As for the next record being a creative explosion...who knows !

ANattyRat

In the middle of watching the latest interview, but the one before it was cool too, good to see them having fun and not just saying the same things as usual.

downtownpony

pony_01

Martin