Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeftonesNZ

Stef did say he was planning to do a music course to get a better understanding of his instrument because he feels kind of inadaquate so maybe when he has more knowledge of  music theory he will feel comfortable with playing solos.

Hidalgo

I really think Stephen should do a solo or 2 on their next album(I mean one that's fast/shredding, not easy to play), it's the elephant in the room at this point. needs to happen. they've never had a song with a true solo on any of their albums. they've explored so many sounds & styles, but avoided a solo like the plague. I mean the one thing anyone knows for a fact when they put out a new album is there's not gonna be a solo. I love the band regardless, they're by far my favorite band, but it's time. it would be so unexpected

anyone have a way of "hint hinting" this to them, their twitter or whatever? we should get the word out to Stef or someone in the band that we wanna hear him shred, & get that monkey off his & the band's back. petition fan request

N0S3BLEED976

They dont't give a fuck what their fans would like to hear, especially Stef. They're making music just for themselves and if Stef doesn't feel comfortable with playing solos, or thinks they aren't necessary for expanding the band's sound, we won't be hearing one anytime soon

III

On B-sides and Rarities he said his inly recorded solo was on Please Please Please

Dath

Quote from: III on Nov 15, 2013, 07:56 PM
On B-sides and Rarities he said his inly recorded solo was on Please Please Please

There's a solo in Answers.
Deftones- Answers

Anyway, something to this effect has been mentioned already, but it isn't much of an issue whether he decides to solo or not. The most important thing for Deftones is songwriting, not guitar wankery. If Stef can fit a solo into the context of the song, then cool, I'm all for it. But the band has been releasing killer songs for over 20 years without them, so it isn't a big deal if they aren't incorporated.

SwerveCityUSA

ive been saying I don't care if he solos since forever. but im not talking about the same old radio solos you guys are thinking about. theres so many more ways to be creative with leads, and I just think it would be cool if he added some spaced out shit, make it sound like another instrument or some shit. chino basically already does it, except very lazily, but its cool.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

Hank

lol Stef kind of went at Chino in those clips .

slyartwork

DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

slyartwork

DeftonesNZ

This could be read a few different ways but to me it sounds like Deftones could be recording some cover songs either that or he's talking about the little clips he's been doing

From Sergios Twitter: got to chill w @QuicksandNYC already about to link up w @deftones. cutting covers in the crib. '14 been tite for days. all music

ANattyRat

I think it's probably the little clips he's been doing. But hey, if they're recording covers, I won't be complaining.

slyartwork

Gonna do some spamming.....

For a variety of deftones info and pictures, check out and like my new facebook dutchdeftones page:

www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

Check out the timeline for sure. All will be arranged on date. A nice archive....

976-EVIL

One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah I saw that interview I hope they're geniune about doing a headline tour here and not just doing the whole pander to the locals thing some bands do, I've been holding out for a proper Deftones gig

sing blue silver