Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freedomsoldier17

never knew they were blamed for starting a riot lol

from_musings

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Apr 29, 2016, 01:19 PM
never knew they were blamed for starting a riot lol

! No longer available

deftfan

10 'Gore' reviews from various magazines:

krook

I hate White Pony.

Penicks

i was like "i swear if someone quotes that post"

shoop

Quote from: Penicks on May 01, 2016, 04:07 PM
i was like "i swear if someone quotes that post"
Happens every single time.

Vesanic

Quote from: Typical dumb fuck
Quote from: Some guy*insert super large pictures here*
Cool

from_musings

deftfan

Sergio Vega in The Red Bulletin UK magazine (April, 2016)
"...we asked bassist Sergio Vega to list five tracks that have inspired him; it was no surprise when,
instead of rock classics, he chose tunes that he loves to play in his DJ sets."

Hinojos

"Look At My Dab" from Migos... If I see them (or even just Sergio) dab on stage during a song, I won't know what to think

deftfan

Interview with Sergio Vega in Teraz Rock (Polish magazine, May 2016)
Nothing really new in this interview but in short:
- Stephen had problems during the recording of 'Gore'. He wanted to deal with own personal stuff when the rest wanted to work.
- Stephen does not impose hard play, all band members invent heavy and lighter riffs.
- Despite the fact that they live far away from each other, they remain in touch as often as possible.
- Quicksand is like a family for Sergio.
- About Chi: "...in a sense, Chi never left the band. He is always present: in conversations, memories...
We still feel his energy ... we still mourn him but on the other hand we feel relieved that he does not suffer anymore. "
- On 'Gore ' Sergio plays on 6-string bass, "the Fender VI" - a unique instrument.
- About the album cover of 'Gore ': "... the word 'Gore ' surrounded by flying flamingos captures for me is the essence of our band.
It is energy, is beauty, movement and violence. We're not bleeding as horror films, but we're definitely violent. We like, sometimes blow up something."

Download HQ images here - only Polish language ('save as'):
http://deftfan.bplaced.net/deftoneszone/TerazRock/201605/

deftfan

New interview with Frank Delgado in Status magazine (May, 2016)
by Denise Mallabo: "I only had 15 minutes to ask Frank Delgado everything I wanted to know about their eighth album Gore,
and any update that he can give me about what's going on with the band. I was also able to ask about Chi Cheng,
which I almost did not due to the sensitivity of the subject but I did apologize before asking the question.
He did give me a really good answer to it and I'm glad I took the risk."
HQ images here ('save as'): http://deftfan.bplaced.net/deftoneszone/DeftonesMags/201605Status/

from_musings

Quote from: shine down unshy on May 04, 2016, 12:14 AM
http://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/2016/05/03/476636845/deftones-chino-moreno-on-surviving-evolving-and-gore

chino once said that he listened to morrissey during the making of gore. in a subsequent interview, the interviewer said that he heard morrissey influences, something chino thought was a sign that he was referring to something chino had said, nothing the interviewer actually heard.

there are many who think there are obvious influences on gore, never words about theft, just clear influences. more so than on previous records. Never before have threads been created with "proud parents of gore" where bands like failure, jane's addiction, björk,sade, etc., have been mentioned.some people have said "sounds like deftones play cover songs" and even if not all think deftones now are imitators, that opinion has been expressed.Long story short - there are obvious and clear influences on gore.

When Daniel P Carter brought up that he heard björk and messugah in gore,chino tackles that comment with bringing up that morrissey story again. He didn't answer the fact that daniel heard influences - he dodges the bullet by talking about an another interviewer.strange behaviour?

Now in this interview,chino again get the question about the influences on gore. does he answer it properly? No, he once again brings up the morrissey incident, that the reason interviewers ask about influences on the gore is only because chino once mentioned morrissey. the fact that people actually hear clear influences, that's just something chino waves off like annoying mosquitos in his face.  why does this seem to bother chino? is chino himself annoyd by that he isn't an innovator anymore, that he is becoming an imitator?  not saying he is, but he himself seems ashamed or at least bothered by it

from_musings

I think when chino sings to a stephen based song, it rarely sounds like anything else.take wp for instance - stephen songs like feiticeira and korea, never heard anyone say that it sounds like other bands. Helmet lyrics, sure, but not the music. When chino-songs such as digital bath and knife prty are brought up, you can hear and read about the chords to digital bath being the same as samshing pumpkin's daphne descends, and that knife prty has the same beginning as little dipper by hum.

if they want to continue to be pioneers and evovle, imo it's best to use steph ideas in the future . I like gore, a lot, but looking forward to see a lot more steph songs. it is probably more difficult for him to add and come up with something to an idea that chino and sergio brought to life...than to get chino and sergio work on a stef idea.that's when more typical deftones sound will form - expand and be weirder or whatever on that.

chino - if you don't want people to ask about influences on a record, stop using so much of them. if you can't write a song without sounding like someone else, excite,encourage and praise stef - fuel and grease up the old stef machinery. if you can't do that,leak eros lol

77years

Quote from: MrVesanique on May 01, 2016, 04:37 PM
Quote from: Typical dumb fuck
Quote from: Some guy*insert super large pictures here*
Cool

Classic

Penicks

This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

2016, fucking hell