Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftfan

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Jan 16, 2016, 10:45 AM
that image is straight out of the 90's man. go easy on the strokes and drop shadow. thanks though great info
Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Jan 16, 2016, 10:54 AM
haha yeah took me back a bit too, had wordart flashbacks, good info though

thanks guys for advice! I see now...too much photoshop on last one interview  :( i will try make next better  :)

Quote from: Penicks on Jan 16, 2016, 11:40 AM
also don't get why all of these interviews are being processed through photoshop, but interesting nonetheless

i made 2 interviews and it seems to me that it's better when you get all in one picture...
it looks better than only text  ::)

deftfan

INTERVIEW WITH ABE from polish rock magazine "Teraz Rock"(March, 2003)
Something very special for all people who like Deftones and our site:
facebook.com/defzonesite (translated from Polish to English language)
https://www.facebook.com/defzonesite/photos/a.1093600133993089.1073741840.1076065609079875/1117214454964990/?type=3

I hope that this looks better  ::)

Penicks

snw9

Quote from: deftfan on Jan 17, 2016, 04:21 PM

INTERVIEW WITH ABE from polish rock magazine "Teraz Rock"(March, 2003)
Something very special for all people who like Deftones and our site:
facebook.com/defzonesite (translated from Polish to English language)
https://www.facebook.com/defzonesite/photos/a.1093600133993089.1073741840.1076065609079875/1117214454964990/?type=3

I hope that this looks better  ::)

The interview mentions Seattle being a depressing place during winter, which was the same feeling in Conneticut. Maybe Deftones shouldn't write during the winter as it doesn't stimulate them well enough..
Code: [Select]

deftfan

New "Kerrang!" article with small note about Deftones (January 30, 2016)
brought to you by: https://www.facebook.com/defzonesite

dawg

cvthedrv

Martin

Quote from: kurtone on Feb 09, 2016, 05:38 PM
http://www.theprp.com/2016/02/09/news/deftones-chino-moreno-shares-soundtrack-of-his-life-finds-coldplay/

Always love hearing him talk about music. I clearly remember watching interviews with him when I was young, and realizing I could listen to whatever...artist, band or genre...and just find things I like. If it wasn't for Deftones, I wouldn't be into so, so many styles of music.

And I laughed loudly at his Coldplay comments hahah

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

luisch

Is a .pdf, check your antivirus software

Real size

Pag 1 Pag 2

DefAlx

Thank you luisch!!!

luisch

Sicario

Things that jumped out at me in that interview were him saying it's their most electronic and that Acid Hologram sounds big and not heavy. I'm getting the feeling that most of these songs will sound big but I think it will be less heavy than the records before it. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. I just want one good heavy song. This is 2016. Deftones aren't going to release Adrenaline 2.0.
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: Sicario on Feb 12, 2016, 03:56 PM
Things that jumped out at me in that interview were him saying it's their most electronic [...]

He said it's their most eclectic, not electronic ;)

Sicario

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Feb 12, 2016, 03:59 PM
Quote from: Sicario on Feb 12, 2016, 03:56 PM
Things that jumped out at me in that interview were him saying it's their most electronic [...]

He said it's their most eclectic, not electronic ;)

Well shit! I was reading fast at work. Disregard my oversight!
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

Jesus2Chino

Haha, interesting that the title track is his least favorite. I'm also glad to hear him say they were deliberately trying to depart from DE and KNY, especially in the sense that they chose to abandon the need to infuse the album with positive vibes. I'm all about positivity and optimism, but if I'm honest neither are what I've come to expect from, or look for, in Deftones albums. I think he kind of hit the nail on the head--the last two albums didn't feel as provocative to me due to that innate positivity and optimism. A concerted effort to move away from both the feel and the recording process of the last two albums is definitely welcomed by me. It's also promising to me to heat Chino say he's still listening to the album constantly, and that the album feels fragmented but very cohesive at the same time. Hyped.
Much respect,
-Matt