Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LG95

He didn't say that Chi didn't contribute. He just said that he wasn't a songwriter, which he wasn't. That's not shitting on him, at all.
I could float here forever

Vesanic

chino68800

Gaz

Anyone have a high resolution image of this logo please? click the thumbnail for the full version

sharinglungs

Looks like they might be writing again.........

deftonesSomeone say jam?!
#deftones #backatit #fujixt2 #fujifilm #xt2

ANattyRat

It's about time, feels like forever since we've had even the tiniest hint of an update.

sharinglungs

And another one.. yep looks like its writing time.....

BewareTheWater

^I read that last week when it came out, really good stuff. Gotta miss Chi :'(

nicklav

Looks like that article came out almost 5 years ago... is the date on it incorrect?

kurtone

Quote from: nicklav on Apr 19, 2018, 02:32 AM
Looks like that article came out almost 5 years ago... is the date on it incorrect?

I think they were just reposting it because it was the anniversary of Chi's passing.

nicklav

Quote from: kurtone on Apr 19, 2018, 07:41 PM
Quote from: nicklav on Apr 19, 2018, 02:32 AM

I think they were just reposting it because it was the anniversary of Chi's passing.

Oh I see! That makes more sense why I've been seeing it everywhere all of a sudden.

sharinglungs

ANattyRat

Their next shows aren't for like a month, right? So more likely they're recording new music (or writing/jamming at the very least) than rehearsing?

sharinglungs

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 26, 2018, 06:16 AM
Their next shows aren't for like a month, right? So more likely they're recording new music (or writing/jamming at the very least) than rehearsing?

They're definitely not rehearsing this long before a show.

First studio pics were a month ago.

Definitely writing /recording

geraavl08

Vesanic

On time with Tool. Maybe they'll finally tour together?

LG95

Had to use google translate but this is a new interview with Chino

http://rock.com.ar/notas/chino-moreno-de-deftones-las-drogas-te-arruinan-y-te-desintegran

QuoteHow many ideas do you have for the new material?

- There are six or seven songs, which are still mutating. They are very powerful, and I am anxious because, as I told you before, it has been a collaborative process. I think all our albums were postcards of what we were going through at each moment. Either with "Adrenaline" (1995), we were boys, with "White pony", we had matured a little, with "Diamond eyes" (2010) or with which we are recording. Everyone has their own feeling, because it belongs to an era. Today we are older guys, I suppose, but we still enjoy making songs with marked riffs, cool melodies and a lot of groove. It is fun.

QuoteAlthough Stephen wrote a lot of the songs, he said he was dissatisfied with the last record. To what do you attribute your anger?

-A that he had some personal problems, and he was not entirely creative. We all had conflicts once, and nobody is exempt. So we understood, although it was not the ideal situation to record. We went ahead, going to the studio and putting together what we felt like. He was physically, but he did not contribute much. At the last moment he put his "touch" to the album, but he was not very involved from the beginning. That situation made him bitter, but at the same time I did not want to waste my time doing nothing. The others continue composing, and if he had been part of the process, "Gore" would have been totally different and much better. After all, that's what we all wanted. We really want Stephen to have a strong role on all the albums, but in this case it did not turn out the way we wanted. Most of his problems were not about Deftones, but about personal things. The best part is that now we are writing songs for the new album, and unlike "Gore", it's been a joint effort.
I could float here forever