Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones - Dortmund Show (May 7)

Started by lahemi, May 02, 2010, 02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawg

Quote from: Vesanic on May 07, 2010, 03:58 AM
Just a reminder — Deftones is playing a special, intimate show in Dortmund, Germany tomorrow night at FZW. The remaining half of the tickets can ONLY be bought at the venue tomorrow before the show, so line up early! Show starts at 8pm.

Deftones facebook.

that makes me wonder if it's only the 300 people club?
1300 people wouldn't be very intimate :)

woooooah!!! so excitied!

Vesanic

And this says " Club: Metal ", so, might be:

dawg

let's hope it's the club! I will shit my pant if I see my favorite band with only 300 other people! :D

Vesanic

Tickets say " Halle ".  :'(

Vesanic

That's it, guys, I'm gonna get on the road right now.

See you there !

slyartwork

The show is annouched on deftones.com finally. See you later. I'll leave here at 13:30, 2,5 hr drive. LATE!
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

lahemi

In 1 hour I'll go to the station. Fuck, still can't believe I'm going to see them in a few hours, so surreal. See you guys there!  :)

vinsanity

So, how was the show, guys? :)
Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!

ApiX

best concert i ever seen so far.
awesome. i m just too tired right now to tell you more.

Deftones - Lotion Live in Dortmund, Germany 2010

slyartwork

Quote from: vinsanity on May 08, 2010, 02:19 AM
So, how was the show, guys? :)

It was great. No shocks
Quote from: ApiX on May 08, 2010, 09:05 AM
best concert i ever seen so far.
awesome. i m just too tired right now to tell you more.

Deftones - Lotion Live in Dortmund, Germany 2010

It was great!! More soon. Man your footage is awesome. The audio is pretty good. Did you film the entire show? I did record the whole show in audio which isn't that. I also filmed 10 songs of which again: the audio isn't too well but the footage itself is great.

lahemi

Can't believe I'm finally back home. For fucking sake, I'll never wear those pants again...  ;D
And first of all I have to apologize for my bad english that evening. Don't sure what it was, but holymotherofgod that was embarrassing! Especially everytime when Sly was around.  ;D Sorry for the weirdness on my side as you gave me the posters and not saying bye and all, I was just completely exhausted. But anyway...

So yeah, the evening was nonetheless a day to remember. Since it was the first time I've seen them (besides Rock am Ring 2006) I can't say too much about the quality of the performance. In my opinion it was... quite awesome. The sound was fantastic, Frank's sounds were just mindboggling and Chino's voice & mood was more than good. And afterwards Vesanic, Dawg and myself had a little meeting with the band. Yup, I'm more than happy. Good night.

PS: I hate to "flash" people, so I used my 50mm 1.8 and ISO 1600. But damn, it was just too dark...

edit: Oh, and that shit get definitely framed, man. :)

slyartwork

07-05-2010 - FZW, Dortmund, Germany

The show was great. They had good energy and you could tell Chino was having fun. The setlist had no changes from the last shows. Same songs. Stef had some problems with his guitar sound now and then but this was minimal. Heard that he was pretty pissed but I didn't notice it. He had to switch guitars during a song at one point.

Just before the encore, when the band had left the stage, Stef stayed onstage as usual and Chino came back picking up Sergio's bass and acted he was playing. He then sat behind Abe's kit and started a little drumjam. He was joking a lot and making funny dance moves and did a military salute pose on his amp. He was in a very good mood.

The crowd was pretty wild during the songs and there was a lot of crowdsurfing. Some lost shows and hats ended up on stage sometimes.

Anyway, great show, band in great form!

I hung out with dawg and Vesanic for a while which was fun. I also met lahemi. Cool to see you guys. Vesanic is not a dick in real life which I thought was pretty funny.

Setlist:

Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
Feiticeira
Elite
Knife Prty
Passenger
Around The Fur
Lotion
You've Seen The Butcher
CMND/CTRL
Sextape
When Girls Telephone Boys
Minerva
Birthmark
Prince
Beauty School
Be Quiet And Drive (Far Away)
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Back To School (Mini Maggit)
Change (In The House Of Flies)
----
Root
7 Words

Here's the show in audio. It's one big file. Who wants to seperate it into songs and help me out with a link??
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5SYF6DGP

I'M NOT RE-UPLOADING IT! PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND SHARE!

My movies:

Deftones - Diamond Eyes (Live in Dortmund 2010)

Deftones - Rocket Skates (Live in Dortmund 2010)

Deftones - Knife Prty (Live in Dortmund 2010)

Deftones - Lotion (Live in Dortmund 2010)

Deftones - You've Seen The Butcher (Live in Dortmund 2010)

Deftones - Sex Tape (Live in Dortmund 2010)

slyartwork

Quote from: lahemi on May 08, 2010, 10:47 AM
Can't believe I'm finally back home. For fucking sake, I'll never wear those pants again...  ;D
And first of all I have to apologize for my bad english that evening. Don't sure what it was, but holymotherofgod that was embarrassing! Especially everytime when Sly was around.  ;D Sorry for the weirdness on my side as you gave me the posters and not saying bye and all, I was just completely exhausted. But anyway...

edit: Oh, and that shit get definitely framed, man. :)

COOL! That's nice man, thanks for buying them!!!!

Vesanic

That show was FUCKING SICK. Damn, I so want to be there again. Was nice to meet you guys. :) And thanks for the posters, Sly, SomeOf wanted to buy some.

slyartwork

I know, I forgot to ask you about it. I don't know who she is or what she looks like. Totally forgot to ask you.

Vesanic

Quote from: slyartwork on May 08, 2010, 12:10 PM
I know, I forgot to ask you about it. I don't know who she is or what she looks like. Totally forgot to ask you.

There was a cutie with me, a small girl with a weird haircut, but I guess you don't remember.

slyartwork

Just haven't seen you with any girl at all.

Vesanic

Quote from: slyartwork on May 08, 2010, 12:18 PM
Just haven't seen you with any girl at all.

Yeah, she was not close to me when you and I were talking.

slyartwork

...which i can imagine.

Uploading LOTION now... my audio is bad, need other sources to udjust my videos.

dawg

unbelievable how much power they had! chino was like a whirlwind running and jumping around, only standing still to play the slower songs. the others surely had fun too but I think stef was pissed because of the guitar problems, you could clearly see his anger.  >:( sergio fits in really great! abe just killed it but left the show black-eyed by his own drums stick, ouch... frank was surprisingly in a very good mood. it was like the first time I ever saw him smiling after a show!

other than that, great night, great hangs! so nice not to only meet the band again but to see and meet familiar faces and also meet cool fans for the very first time!
thanks for the posters sly, I have to make some space on my walls now :) and too bad you didn't stay longer we meet all of the boys after the show!
also thanks for the great pictures lahemi!

on a side note: there were so many young kids, seems like they gained a lot new fans over the last years!

some cellphone pictures

caught two guitar picks from stef

and met the guys afterwards :)