Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Flaming Lips

Started by Fireal1222, May 04, 2010, 08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireal1222

real quick b4 i start. and i dont want any1 to take this personally.. but this board has been horrible when it comes to letting people know about new music coming out.. we do have more threads than just an, it leaked thread.. make people aware of new releases from great bands

anyway

while searching for prices on the new deftones album, i saw that the flaming lips released their live show covering the dark side of the moon by pink floyd. its in stores today, and i think im gonna check it out. ill let you guys know what i think of it later on

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Jacob

whoa.. I never heard of that before! that's so fucking cool. I love Flaming Lips and Dark Side of The Moon is one of my favorite albums. this can't be anything than good!
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Fireal1222

im happy to hear that jacob.. thats the reason i started off my post with a rant, because we need to make people aware of great music

i did use a bad example though, since i do remember theis mentioning this a few months back, during new years. but still, i just want people going out of their way to make threads on the board when they hear of great bands like these, releasing new records.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Jacob

yeah, that's always been one of the strong points of these boards. I guess it's just been slow with good music lately.

theis

Hook a brother up with the DSOTM live album.

ben

It's not good.  It's actually pretty crappy. 

Stick to Embryonic, their latest album.

Jacob

well that's sad to hear. can you be more specific?

Fireal1222

ben is an emo kid. of course he doesnt like it

i think the album is really awesome... i think you will like it jacob.. they do their own versions of the songs

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

ben

hahaha yea i cry a lot when listening to it.  It's just kinda unnecessary, they make songs weird for no reason.  Their act is old, especially when they cover stuff..

But I will say that Embryonic is a weird but good album.

Fireal1222

Quote from: ben on May 05, 2010, 11:24 PM
hahaha yea i cry a lot when listening to it.  It's just kinda unnecessary, they make songs weird for no reason.  Their act is old, especially when they cover stuff..

But I will say that Embryonic is a weird but good album.

lol you sure. do. im only joking with you though ben, we are friends..

anyway. i will have to check out this embryonic album you speak of

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

ben

it's a pretty weird album, kind of like their early stuff.  It's a two-discer.