Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Major request

Started by Sushi-X, May 07, 2010, 07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sushi-X

Was listening to the snippet of the song played on "Eros in the studio" clips. I just payed attention at how wicked that song is.

My major request is, seeing as how we have members on here who remix songs. Could someone make a remix based on that 30 sec clip?

Deftones eros in studio 2008 clip 4

Rocket Skates '94

pinkmaggit69

first off it is only 20 seconds, and secondly it is just the same riff over and over.............not really sure how exciting it would be to loop it again and again.  It's probably more fun just to watch Chi playing it in this video.

Drinks won't stain this birth!

Sushi-X

ok It's like 26 or 27 secs long. And so what. Remixes aren't usually more than just a loop of one part of a song and then someone else music idea. it doesn't necessarily have to be like  a ten minute ordeal. something like a minute or 2

Rocket Skates '94

stoneFeD

god damn i love that fucking riff.

Vesanic

Don't know why so many people think that it's a snippet of a first version of Beauty School... Doesn't sound like it, imo.

fetisher

Quote from: Vesanic on May 09, 2010, 04:19 AM
Don't know why so many people think that it's a snippet of a first version of Beauty School...

Have people been saying that?  Weird.  That's grasping at straws, for sure.

This is an ok riff, but it's nothing to get excited about.  It sounds like a band jamming.  Throwaway material.  That's my opinion, anyway.

Penicks

Don't know why so many people think that it's a snippet of a first version of Beauty School... Doesn't sound like it, imo.

I can definitely hear a resemblance. The way the drums kick in 'n shit.

jesusinabowlofdirt

most of us thought of beauty school as a reworked version of this little tune. all except rock n frost and everyone asked him to get his ears checked. if this an entirely different song (which its not) and if it would be on diamond eyes as well as beauty school then it would be weird

Vesanic

The mood of the melody is different, to me. Could be totally wrong, though. But I'm pretty sure that they didn't take any of the work from Eros to put on Diamond Eyes.

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: Vesanic on May 09, 2010, 11:07 AM
But I'm pretty sure that they didn't take any of the work from Eros to put on Diamond Eyes.

who knows. i just find it strange that chino talks about eros as "another version" of the record, talks about making diamond eyes for "3 years" and just gives floating answers some of the times when he gets asked if some material ended up on de

jesusinabowlofdirt

The mood of the melody is different, to me. Could be totally wrong, though.

the mood of beware is completley different as a live version compared to the album version. still the same song though

Vesanic

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on May 09, 2010, 11:21 AM
the mood of beware is completley different as a live version compared to the album version.

Well, I disagree. And even if it were, that would be only because there's some stuff on the studio version that they don't play live. The guitar chords and the cricket sounds, from what I can think of. Although the cricket sounds haven't been always absent either.

deftoolsys07

the mood of beware is completley different as a live version compared to the album version. still the same song though

i back this up 100%.. beware was a completetly diffrent  vibe when it was fist played back in ToC tour.. then the album came out and it was like WTF???  remember the whole cricket ordeal? i think they listened to us and frank took out all the cricket shit. but that was definitely a dif vibe from that song and era...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

rumors

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on May 09, 2010, 11:20 AM
But I'm pretty sure that they didn't take any of the work from Eros to put on Diamond Eyes.

who knows. i just find it strange that chino talks about eros as "another version" of the record, talks about making diamond eyes for "3 years" and just gives floating answers some of the times when he gets asked if some material ended up on de

They're completely different songs.

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on May 09, 2010, 11:38 AM

i back this up 100%.. beware was a completetly diffrent  vibe when it was fist played back in ToC tour.. then the album came out and it was like WTF???  remember the whole cricket ordeal? i think they listened to us and frank took out all the cricket shit. but that was definitely a dif vibe from that song and era...

The crickets are still there...

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: Vesanic on May 09, 2010, 11:36 AM
the mood of beware is completley different as a live version compared to the album version.

Well, I disagree. And even if it were, that would be only because there's some stuff on the studio version that they don't play live. The guitar chords and the cricket sounds, from what I can think of. Although the cricket sounds haven't been always absent either.

beware is written as a dark depressing song..

for example,listen to the chorus at 1:30 and 2:30, you hear that sad sound effect?

Deftones - Beware The Water

they totally got rid of that sound on the album to make it poppier and more happy.beware got more of a cheerful
groove on snw,a more direct overall feeling.  prob shaun lopez idea. and a really bad idea. a big mistake even

Vesanic

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on May 09, 2010, 11:46 AM
beware is written as a dark depressing song..

This is what I think about both the live and studio versions. That's why I don't feel any mood difference. I do agree about the sound you hear live and don't on the record, though. It clearly marks a difference but the fact it's not there doesn't make it happier.

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: Vesanic on May 09, 2010, 12:01 PM
I don't feel any mood difference

"this conversation... is over"

stoneFeD

Quote from: Penicks on May 09, 2010, 10:45 AM

I can definitely hear a resemblance. The way the drums kick in 'n shit.

i concur...and vesanic i know it has crossed your mind
Quote from: fetisher on May 09, 2010, 05:34 AM
Don't know why so many people think that it's a snippet of a first version of Beauty School...

Have people been saying that?  Weird.  That's grasping at straws, for sure.

This is an ok riff, but it's nothing to get excited about.  It sounds like a band jamming.  Throwaway material.  That's my opinion, anyway.

and your out of your mind if you really think this...that riff owns and you know it

im just saying its not your opinion...deep down you wanna grab ankles for it

Vesanic

Quote from: stoneFeD on May 10, 2010, 12:54 AM
i concur...and vesanic i know it has crossed your mind

I would agree about the drums, but that's it.