Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

[REVIEW] Deftones @ Optimus Secret Show, Lisbon - PORTUGAL (May 8th 2010)

Started by Drop-Dead, May 09, 2010, 04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snw9

I dont c a single saturday night wrist track on the setlist! they could have played kim dracula..guess chino was serious about he doesnt even want to hear those songs!
Code: [Select]

Menos el Oso

It looks like Sergio is really enjoying his time with the Deftones. I wish I was in his spot, or in Frank's spot, where I can play keyboards and samples for them!  :P

Vesanic

Quote from: Menos el Oso on May 09, 2010, 10:21 PM
It looks like Sergio is really enjoying his time with the Deftones.

Yeah man, really. I was right in front of him at the Dortmund gig, and he's in total trance all the time he plays some deftones stuff.

Far away

White Wrist

Last night was really amazing.
it was my 25th birthday, and i was excited for the show in that special day and everthing, i had a feeling that i could meet the band in this night...

Everything was perfect. The show was short, but with a solid setlist. No SNW, and some new songs from DE, as you can see in the posts above. I wanted to hear TPID (my fav DE song) and i missed some WP songs . Sextape was a surprise...it was really really good to hear it live.. Portuguese fans loved Adrenaline and ATF´s song, and the crowd was wild during this songs.

I was able to see Steph entering in the room, right the moment i arrived to Tivoli. I was really frustrated for the chance i missed...But...

I met Nuno a hour later. And the man...oh the man. He rules! We all are greatful for SL and for all the deftones related work, and i have finnally, the chance to meet him. We hang out till the opening time. We get to see the show together in a cool spot. Everything was clear, and we were able to see every moves from the band.
Chino was on fire. I mean, we knew he was tired because of the Dortmund show and the trip, but he was pretty solid in the show. All the band members looked happy and in shape. A really really good hour!

After that, we "attack" I am pretty sure that my WP tattoo, and Nuno ability and experience, helped us with the M&G. Nuno and I were the only ones that took a picture with Chino. He just left the venue really quickly, and it was pure luck. He said "Cool, Man" to my tattoo, just before i wave him goodbye. And then, we were able to go inside and met all band members.  It was my first time with them, and i get my WP and DE signed, and some really good pictures (thank you Nuno, and GF).

Abe, Frank, Sergio and Steph are really cool. We can easily talk with them and get some pics.

I am really happy with this night. It was the best birthday present, for sure.  Special thanks to all the people that helped me entering the show (João, Rita and Susan), my friends, and...of course, Nuno...I am a rookie. He is not : )
I had a good time with Mr. Drop-Dead". Hope to see you soon, buddy.

Photos from M&G:

I can´t forget...i saw Royal´s soundcheck...with the whole band in front of me :D

Vesanic

devilinside

Teckload PT

Quote from: vinsanity on May 09, 2010, 06:07 PM
Quote from: Teckload PT on May 09, 2010, 04:50 PM

Btw according to the interviewer from Myspace they will release today 3 songs in vid on myspace and on thursday they will put the whole show online \m/

Where did you see that?

When they stopped filming me in the line she ( the interviewer)  told me that.

Vesanic

Quote from: Teckload PT on May 09, 2010, 11:30 PM
When they stopped filming me in the line she ( the interviewer)  told me that.

Excellent. We're getting more and more proshot thingies. Hope MTV will do the same with the London gig.

Drop-Dead

Quote from: Vesanic on May 09, 2010, 11:01 PM
Quote from: White Wrist on May 09, 2010, 10:46 PM
I can´t forget...i saw Royal´s soundcheck...with the whole band in front of me :D

White Wrist went in to see if there was a chance for a meet 'n greet at that time, and he fuckin' gets the soundcheck surprise gift, royal, it seems...I didnt see it, because he came out with a negative answer regarding the m&g, but with a minor information: "hey they were practicing inside..." lol

White Wrist

Quote from: Drop-Dead on May 09, 2010, 11:37 PM

White Wrist went in to see if there was a chance for a meet 'n greet at that time, and he fuckin' gets the soundcheck surprise gift, royal, it seems...I didnt see it, because he came out with a negative answer regarding the m&g, but with a minor information: "hey they were practicing inside..." lol

true!

lucky night : )

cnr~

That birthmark breakdown just fulfilled my life. I hope to god they play it wednesday...

Subliminal

Quote from: White Wrist on May 10, 2010, 12:09 AM

true!

Doubt it was luck dude, you're clearly a good spirit and the Universe rewarded you for it! :)

White Wrist

We can´t forget Linus, an awesome guy!

- Linus?

- "Yes, Sr!"

The setlist (bad quality photo):

White Wrist

Quote from: Subliminal on May 10, 2010, 12:32 AM
Quote from: White Wrist on May 10, 2010, 12:09 AM

true!

Doubt it was luck dude, you're clearly a good spirit and the Universe rewarded you for it! :)

I hope so, sub! Cheers, man!

stoneFeD

Quote from: Vesanic on May 09, 2010, 09:06 PM
Quote from: slyartwork on May 09, 2010, 09:04 PM
Abe indeed got hit by his own drumstick in Dortmund

Haha, yeah, I told him: " Dude, did somewhat punch you or what ? " and he answered: " Yeah, man... Nah, I actually got hit by my drumstick.  ;D "

Haha, gotta love Abe, he's really nice.

fuck yea dude! haha , i fuckin love abe, one time i called him my biological father and my real dad was just some mexican

Vesanic

Gotta say I really love the way Sharinglungs is getting more active, even Nuno has some time to spend here, which is pretty cool. I also think people are getting nicer than a couple of weeks ago.