Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

[REVIEW] Deftones @ Optimus Secret Show, Lisbon - PORTUGAL (May 8th 2010)

Started by Drop-Dead, May 09, 2010, 07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drop-Dead

All I want to focus is how great Deftones were last night, considering they have a friend in a coma and that they are not really teenagers, band members are in their mid-thirtys, and they still rock! They really rocked, I'm one of those fans that do not consider DE a master piece, well it's well produced and everything but it's not the real thing if you know what I mean....but its songs played live are another thing. SEXTAPE WAS THE HIGHTLIGHT of the night. Rocket Skates and Diamond Eyes sounded really good too. Everyone's been talking about Chino and how thin he is and how good he is right now, and yes he's fit. His voice sounded great, and I've never heard such good performances for Birthmark and Lotion like yesterday, he does sound like in the 90's. The rest of the band was as always on top too, Sergio seems to be fit in the band too, and if we didnt know Chi at first, we would say that Sergio has been there since the beginning. To sum up. It was their best performance I've seen live, not my favorite concert due to the short setlist and not including my favorite songs like: Lifter, Korea, DBath, Knife, Dai (I wonder why they dont play that for Chi, instead they played WGTB)....My advice is GO SEE THEM! If it's in a small venue, you wont be disappointed.

I loved SEXTAPE, but their performance for BIRTHMARK was huge, watch it till the end!

Deftones - "Birthmark" live at Optimus Secret Show, Teatro Tivoli, Lisbon, Portugal (May 8th 2010)

And another Adrenaline song, Root:

Deftones - "Root" live at Optimus Secret Show, Teatro Tivoli, Lisbon, Portugal (May 8th 2010)

Finally Sextape and 7 Words bits

Deftones - "Sextape" & "7 Words" live @ Optimus Secret Show, Tivoli, Lisbon, Portugal (08/05/2010)

Meeting:

Nothing special, before the show I met White Wrist, and we found someone who helped us with the Meet 'n Greets. Chino was fast leaving the venue, so one photo and bye, the rest of the band, we met them in a small room with 30 or so fans in it, so it was not something special. Thanks to the people who lead us there and special thanks for the first SL member I met (never met someone before this, weird huh?), White Wrist is a hell of a fan, and I'm glad I met the right person for this, hope to meet you soon bro!

Photos from the concert later...

There Will Be Blood

slyartwork

AWESOME! Sounds great and I totally agree on what I saw in Dortmund. It was one of my favorite shows too. Not the best but very good. Can't wait to see more.
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

Teckload PT

Well this is my first post, im a Deftones fan since White pony but im not really into forums. But i had to express how happy i am with the deftones family after this show. All i can say is.. FANTASTIC!! i was the first in line i got there on friday at 2 pm.. it was a bit hard on some hours, but everyone was great, alot of fun, and that turned some of those hours really easy. the crowd was crazy i stayed all the time in the front row with the Portuguese flag in front of me, it was great to see Chino right in front of me when he came into the audience.

here is the setlist  ( i got it from blitz and i think its correct )

1. Rocket Skates
2. Diamond Eyes
3. Feiticeira
4. My Own Summer (Shove It)
5. Around The Fur
6. Lotion
7. You´ve Seen The Butcher
8. Sextape
9. CMND/CTRL
10. When Girls Telephone Boys
11. Minerva
12. Birthmark
13. Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
14. Back To School (Mini Maggit)
15. Change (In the House Of Flies)
----------------------------------------------
16. Root
17. 7 Words

For some pics of the show here is a link http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=504108606&albumId=930265

Btw according to the interviewer from Myspace they will release today 3 songs in vid on myspace and on thursday they will put the whole show online \m/

Subliminal

Nice one Nuno, glad you got to go and even get photos with the band man, you totally deserve! :)

Birthmark sounded amazing, I can't fuckin' wait till Wednesday.

nineteen

pony_01

Moz

vinsanity

Excelente  Nuno ;) Wish i could be there to the meet the band. that was a brilliant show

Já agora (BTW), did you tape the whole show?
Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!

vinsanity

Quote from: Teckload PT on May 09, 2010, 07:50 PM

Btw according to the interviewer from Myspace they will release today 3 songs in vid on myspace and on thursday they will put the whole show online \m/

Where did you see that?
Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!

deftones86

haha chino beat abe up. But you gotta keep your ho's in line.
But im glad to see deftones back to form.

defTHE1s

wow, that was a pretty good performance of Birthmark, awesome show, cool you enjoyed it Nuno, you clearly deserve it!

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Vesanic

Videos on MySpace, huh ? What page ?

Thanks for the review, Nuno. Sounds like as good as the Dortmund gig I've been to. I also advice to anyone to go see them, just for the mood and the atmosphere, you won't regret it.

slyartwork

DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

Vesanic

Quote from: slyartwork on May 10, 2010, 12:04 AM
Abe indeed got hit by his own drumstick in Dortmund

Haha, yeah, I told him: " Dude, did somewhat punch you or what ? " and he answered: " Yeah, man... Nah, I actually got hit by my drumstick.  ;D "

Haha, gotta love Abe, he's really nice.

defTHE1s

wow...
Vesanic
Global Moderator
Organ Donator
???
hahaha times change i guess  8)

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Vesanic

Quote from: defTHE1s on May 10, 2010, 12:19 AM
wow...
Vesanic
Global Moderator
Organ Donator
???
hahaha times change i guess  8)

Can't wait to see how many people will hate that.  ;D

defTHE1s

haha, only don't let the power get up on your head dude!!  ;D

Vesanic

Quote from: defTHE1s on May 10, 2010, 12:50 AM
haha, only don't let the power get up on your head dude!!  ;D

Say what, nigga ? You get banned.  8)

Drop-Dead