Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Favorite Deftones album?

Started by mikemerrett, May 11, 2010, 12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheyCallMeP

Quote from: Sett on Sep 20, 2012, 01:48 PM
Somehow I have the feeling that many people chose ATF as #1 just because Chino says it is. It's nice to see that SNW is also getting some love. Not the best album, but it' still good.

That's the album that got me into the group. BQAD was incredibly unique and powerful when I first heard it (some cool lyrics to boot) and I got the album soon after. Also Mascara is my favorite song by them, MOS has a dirty and raw feel to it, and MX is just absolutely twisted. All that and Max Cavalera appearing on Headup make this album too cool for school.

nicklav

Around the Fur for me. My Own Summer was the first song I every heard. It was a real Koi No Yokan moment for me, if you know what I mean :).

only pieces remain

White Pony
Around the Fur
S/T
Diamond Eyes
Saturday Night Wrist
Adrenaline

dictatesofreason

the forth album is called LOVERS dammit

...troll, troll, troll your boat....

Robotsatemygrandma

In all fairness, even though my vote went to ATF, and WP is numero dos in my book, SNW and Adrenaline would be tied for bronze. I really love SNW, it's a great album. There's a lot going on with it, they really explored with the structure of the songs on this album (I know I've said it before). It's dark and very experimental.

Mustang

WP, but DE is a close second. I'm surprised to see so much hate for DE...

SquealLikeaPig

This is probably the one band that I absolutely cannot pick a favorite album.  I've probably listened to White Pony the most but since I've listened to it so much, it's lost a little bit of it's shine.  If you held a gun to my head I'd probably go with it but I like all their albums about the same except for DE and S/t.  I like those albums too but they are a notch below.

DJR

stpilots98

Quote from: DJR on Oct 20, 2012, 02:34 PM
SNW :)

I agree SNW for me as well.   I remember being floored the first time I hear Xerces, I was completely floored that they could pull a song off like that.   So amazing!   This album always gets shit on when I get talking Deftones with people.   Diamond Eyes and White Pony are close seconds for me.

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: Mustang on Oct 19, 2012, 05:45 PM

I know, right?! I feel like Diamond Eyes is a more solid album than SNW.. but hell, I love all their albums equally - which one I enjoy more depends on what mood I'm in. And sweet Bleach avatar by the by

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

Nebontha

Bob Ezrin Demo Sessions.  No?  Okay fine then...
White Pony.
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

xToxin

Around the Fur is their best. Closely followed by White Pony and, for me anyways I place S/T in third. The rest are interchangeable.

audeamus

Quote from: Mustang on Oct 19, 2012, 05:45 PM

I actually like DE as much as ATF, to each their own I guess.

SquealLikeaPig

Quote from: stpilots98 on Oct 21, 2012, 10:34 PM
Quote from: DJR on Oct 20, 2012, 02:34 PM
SNW :)

I agree SNW for me as well.   I remember being floored the first time I hear Xerces, I was completely floored that they could pull a song off like that.   So amazing!   This album always gets shit on when I get talking Deftones with people.   Diamond Eyes and White Pony are close seconds for me.

Nice to see that album get some love.  I really like that one too.  I even like Rapture and Rats.  A lot of people hate those 2 songs but there is an element to them that makes me feel like I'm at the end of my sanity and I love it.

Gee

Quote from: SquealLikeaPig on Oct 26, 2012, 02:59 PM
I even like Rapture and Rats.  A lot of people hate those 2 songs but there is an element to them that makes me feel like I'm at the end of my sanity and I love it.

I actually like Rapture a lot. Even more when you know it was recorded in just one take -according to Shaun Lopez. You can sense the urgency, the raw energy coming from Chino. It's a shame it was recorded during his worst era vocal-wise.

Rats also kind of has that feel, but to me the chorus kills the song. The bridge and ending are killer, though.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

sing blue silver

My favorite tones album is usually shifting between ST and SNW.

xToxin

Fuck yeah S/T kicks off with two awesome tracks, then after Minerva the songs just groove with great riffs . The ending to Bloody Cape with the screams, and then the beginning of Anniversary is incredible with  the loud and brutal, and then sad and mellow piano right after.

nicklav

Moana always brings me back to S/T. That song is so beautiful.

Slacker

ive been gravitating torwards around the fur so much this end of the year, such a fresh album... and still today, it doesnt feel not even a single bit outdated. i fucking love it. if white pony is a master piece...wtf is around the fur supposed to be?

ATF
Adrenaline
WP
DE
Deftones
KNY
SNW

DeftonesNZ

I went with White Pony it was the first Deftones i heard and i Love the emotion in songs like pink maggit,change,digital bath and knife party .I have alot of love for atf though I learnt guitar by playing those songs,It's a very good record but those White Pony songs make it for me.