Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Favorite Deftones album?

Started by mikemerrett, May 11, 2010, 12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nineteen

ATF.

I would have voted WP or DE but I always go back to ATF.

There Will Be Blood

emotivelotion

now nobody loves SNW? LAWL!,
yeah nukka WP FTW!! it got it all at mixing heaviness and romanticism, what else could you ask for?

Starz

Self-Titled is their best album and always will be.

XJohnnyX

Wax And Wane

See this is hard cos my fave changes weekly....  ;D Yes even SNW has it's moments in my top spot. Prob have to go with WP over all though.
I will save your life..

TheShade1989

White Pony, definitely. One of the few albums I have no tracks to skip on. Diamond Eyes too, but that's still quite fresh, so I wont go with that so soon.

theis

Diamond Eyes.

It's the only Deftones album where I absolutely love ALL of the songs and I don't find anyone of them weak.

bright lights, big city

yeah man you make a good point about DE. problem with me is that I kind of felt the same way with WP.
for now it's a toss-up, but I wouldn't call DE a classic yet. it still needs some time us to see if we still keep coming back to it.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

kleptoned

i voted DE but i think its only because its new an fresh...But i would also hafta say that they are all diff in there own way which in turn makes them all my fav...But it wouldnt let me vote for all...

Deftones-argentina

I might hav voted Snw since I like that album a lot, but things such as having mein and pink cellphone on the record stopped me. Excluding those two and adding buffalo and that other demo as a finished version (I think it was number 14, the really slow one where it seems like frank is hitting glasses) chances would have gotten higher. you can't hate a record which has Kim Dracula on it.
    The same could be said with Adrenaline adding venison and God's hands, though.

Ohh yeah, and ATF got my vote as ussual.

nyquil_addict133

It's close but SNW edges out S/T. Adrenaline is the worst.

bewareofrats

Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

Moz

holy shit people actually vote for SNW?

anguria

I'm surprised Adrenaline was voted only 3 times.

Dienekes

I voted for ST, I would love to vote for WP but I HATE passenger. I also HATE Tool, that may shed some light on my passenger hatred.

I find it funny how a lot of people whine about this board being so biased about ST and how ST is so revered here and yet it only has 3 votes out of 50 and is tied currently with SNW...

Jacob

if this was done right after SNW was released I would probably have voted for SNW. I fucking loved that album at first. not as much now, but I still think it's a very solid album.

at the moment DE is my favorite for obvious reasons - it's still new and fresh, and it's a damn good album. but I still voted WP because as for many others nothing they will do will ever top that. I barely listen to it these days to be honest, but it's what got me into Deftones and at one point in my life I listened fanatically to it and it's affected me so much. it changed my entire style of playing drums for one, and it opened a lot of doors musically. few albums have had such impact on me.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Moz on May 12, 2010, 11:52 AM
holy shit people actually vote for SNW?
i was surprised too. even more surprising is that now it's got more votes than Adrenaline.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Diamond Eyes
White Pony
Around the Fur
Adrenaline
Deftones
Saturday Night Wrist

That'd be my order.

mikemerrett

Quote from: theis on May 12, 2010, 03:17 PM
Diamond Eyes
White Pony
Around the Fur
Adrenaline
Deftones
Saturday Night Wrist

That'd be my order.

Around the fur
White pony
Diamond eyes
Deftones/Adrenaline
Saturday night wrist.

That will probably change by tomorrow. I'm really into St at the moment so i cant decide where to chart that so its tied with adrenaline.