Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Favorite Deftones album?

Started by mikemerrett, May 11, 2010, 12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SX King

Quote from: Jacob on May 12, 2010, 01:33 PM
if this was done right after SNW was released I would probably have voted for SNW. I fucking loved that album at first. not as much now, but I still think it's a very solid album.

at the moment DE is my favorite for obvious reasons - it's still new and fresh, and it's a damn good album. but I still voted WP because as for many others nothing they will do will ever top that. I barely listen to it these days to be honest, but it's what got me into Deftones and at one point in my life I listened fanatically
to it and it's affected me so much. it changed my entire style of playing drums for one, and it opened a lot of doors musically. few albums have had such impact on me.

I agree with you man. It really changed by life...sounds stupid i know but it did.

Numina

Quote from: Jacob on May 12, 2010, 01:33 PMat the moment DE is my favorite for obvious reasons - it's still new and fresh, and it's a damn good album. but I still voted WP because as for many others nothing they will do will ever top that. I barely listen to it these days to be honest, but it's what got me into Deftones and at one point in my life I listened fanatically to it and it's affected me so much. it changed my entire style of playing drums for one, and it opened a lot of doors musically. few albums have had such impact on me.

Something similar for me. I was asked this question a few days ago, and I spent some time explaining that S/T and Adrenaline rank higher than ATF and White Pony not because of how great the songs are, but because of the effect the album had on me. I rarely listen to S/T, I try not to, and I listen to ATF the most, but S/T still ranks higher because that album had such a massive impact on my life at the time. It doesn't mean that I like S/T more than ATF, it's just that there are a lot more things that have to be factored in when it comes to judging albums against each other than whether I like 1 song more than another.

stoneFeD

lmao andrenaline...im glad im part of the few.

sing blue silver

Around the Fur

Just creative as all hell and it holds a lot of good memories for me. Self titled is a close second just because it has my favorite guitar and vocal sounds. Terry nailed it on that one. White Pony has become a bit boring for me but it's still an incredible album. i've also gotten a bit bored of adrenaline and compared to everything after it just seems a bit juvenile. i guess a lot of people like it for that raw energy they had when they were that young but for me the songwriting just got better and better from there. Diamond Eyes is a masterpiece and it really put a new light on Saturday Night Wrist for me. i love them all but i'd have to rank them like this.

Around The Fur
Self Titled
Diamond Eyes
White Pony
Saturday Night Wrist
Adrenaline

Wax And Wane

So tough....  I love them all.... But,

White Pony
Diamond Eyes (Prob cos it's so new so we shall see if it fizzles or stays amazing)
Around The Fur
Saturday Night Wrist
Self Titled
Adrenaline

Both SNW and ST can be in my top three depending on the week.   ;D
I will save your life..

SomeOf

deftones86

Sharing Lists

1. ATF
2. S/T
3. Tie DE & WP
4. Adrenaline
5. SNW

I have played out adrenaline so thats why its so low. I just cant play ATF enough. i never get tired of that album.

Subliminal

Adrenaline
Diamond Eyes
White Pony
S/T
ATF
SNW

BamBam57

My fave has always been ATF just because it was the first time I had ever heard deftones.  I was out buying CDs and thought the chick on the front was hot so I bought it. I also picked up Tool's Aenema cause the cover was wicked looking(this was around 1997 when I was 12).  Talk about stumbling onto great music by chance.

Having said that self titled has become my favorite in the last few months. When it came out I didn't give it a chance, only because it was so different from White Pony I guess.

Self Titled
ATF
DE/White Pony
Adrenaline
Saturday Night Wrist(I absolutely hate this album. Overall just not good music)

To be honest I could put all the albums at number one with the exception being SNW. I wish they could go back in time and never make that one.
"This place is death
I know you feel the same"

Hidalgo

diamond eyes (for now, i know it's an instant classic, time will tell if it stays #1)
white pony
around the fur
adrenaline
saturday night wrist
self titled

aeroplume

"Go on, take a drink, really."

Saturday Night Wrist

luisch

In my opinion

White Pony
Self titled
Around the Fur
Diamond Eyes
Saturday Night Wrist
Adrenaline
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

nintendoXO

luisch I love your sig, Thats a great picture.

TheWatcher

there all good but i gotta go with "deftones"

E-Money

White Pony, but I am really enjoying Diamond Eyes.  All of their records rock my world.

Vesanic

White Pony rules, fellas.  8)

snw9

Code: [Select]

TheShade1989

Ha, I'm surprised that ppl voted for SNW. Most ppl on here say they hate it or dislike it except for a few songs, so I truly never thought ppl would vote it as their favorite.

deftones86

SNW Is beating Diamond Eyes already? Usually it takes awhile before people bash on the new album and love the previous one. Like S/T and SNW.