Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Sticky threads

Started by tarkil, May 18, 2010, 11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penicks

is it possible to stop merging so many threads

like, the leathers single was released and a guy made thread

poof, thread gone

it's very discouraging to wade through hundreds of pages in one single thread, it's counter-intuitive

Vesanic

Leathers thread shouldn't have been made, period. There's the Koi No Yokan thread and that's why I merged them.

Penicks

i can understand that during calmer periods without news, speculation and shit goes in the sticky

but when something big finally drops like a new song straight from the album, i think it's only fitting that it gets its own thread

lots of stuff gets posted in the kny thread and it's hard to keep track of it all

i don't get why this forum gets so anal when it comes to the creation of a couple of more threads, it's called thread landscaping and it's a wonderful thing in order to create a healthy relationship between a forum and its members

also i see you banned bebo, who's been here for six years btw, for posting that one youtube vid that's been a running joke since forever around here. a very poor decision in my opinion, this forum has never been so strict and it's worked perfectly so why change it, i get general rules but this is still the internet and we should still be able to fool around a bit

whatever

Vesanic

Because you allow that, then people will make a thread about the song meaning, then about the lyrics, then about a specific line, then about the drum part, etc.

Penicks

what's so bad about that? if it gets too ridiculous, just clean house

Vesanic

It's already messy as fuck and I don't want to go through dozens of useless topics to find a specific thread, so let's keep things where they belong.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Vesanic

Banned him for 15 days. Rules are rules.

tarkil

I agree with what the other said Ves, I've been here for a while, I think moderation is way overboard these days...
Just my opinion, I'm not saying it's your fault, pointing fingers, or whatever, just stating that in the 10 years I've been here, shit was never so strict, and it kinda sucks...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

blondie

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 20, 2012, 05:46 PM

you're seriously this lame? he posted one thing and you banned him? it's not like he trolled the topic hard.

dude, seriously...get off your power trip. you accommodate retarded fanbois/gurls with whiny PMs over long-time members. way to be a tool.

bebo

Mods=gods

praise the great leaders for being lenient and reducing my sentence of catching up with the sun and reading books

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bebo

Yeah I dont even know why Im unbanned, shit be cray

blondie

common decency and rationale prevails.

Vesanic

Quote from: blondie on Sep 20, 2012, 07:42 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 20, 2012, 05:46 PM

you're seriously this lame? he posted one thing and you banned him? it's not like he trolled the topic hard.

dude, seriously...get off your power trip. you accommodate retarded fanbois/gurls with whiny PMs over long-time members. way to be a tool.

Rules are the same for everybody. There's no special VIP list on sharinglungs, you know. I'm not on any power trip, you my friend are very confused.

bebo posted (Amnisty > Not a deftones song!) and it's got to be the oldest joke on that forum. SL noobs won't get it as he didn't give any hint to make them understand it's not a Deftones song. Maybe they'll listen to it, think it's a Deftones song, realize their mistake and feel frustrated/stupid about it. Misleading linkage at its peak. Add to that the fact no off-topic posts were accepted and that it was CLEARLY mentioned in the thread OP, and that gives a good reason to ban someone for fifteen days. That's not a good reason to you? Too bad. Cry me a river or go complain to Nuno.

bebo

ves, we may argue and I may think youre a douching nazi mod... But i'd still suck your dick for coke<3

Vesanic

I am not. I usually enjoy the fuck out of your posts and they crack me up everytime. But for fuck's sake, it's already painful enough to handle all these fucking arguments, don't piss newbies off by posting wrong shit.

You may think I'm being excessive but think about where I'm coming from for a second, you'll get it. I usually don't moderate in such radical manners but that exact, exceptional situation requires some kind of fucking discipline, as it's already brought shit up.

bebo

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 21, 2012, 08:44 AM
I am not.

ARE TOO!!11one

look, I get not every nub wants to see their dead grandma get anally devestated during bingo. Or get subtely trolled by amnesty (shit still be HILLUURIOUS), but they will be gone as soon as the album leaks or drops and we'll all be back to circle jerking and lemonpartying ourselves

Newbs gonna newb, make me moderator and ill help with the influx on 'bebo made the tears come' complaints

blondie

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 21, 2012, 08:44 AM
You may think I'm being excessive but think about where I'm coming from for a second, you'll get it.
lol...

RIGOROUS MODERATOR JOB IS RIGOROUS!!!

get over yourself; stop acting like you're doing a service to mankind. it's just a fucking message board. if it's too much for you to handle, leave it to mods who know how to maintain a balance between a good source of deftones information AND a place where you can have a laugh. it's been possible since this board started a long ass time ago, before you were even here. when nuno appointed all these moderators circa 2007, the board went to shit 'cause all of their dicks grew 3 inches bigger with all this new nazi power they possessed. the statistics don't lie; people stopped coming here when big brothers and sisters banned any fun whatsoever, even though deftones have gotten consistently more popular throughout the years. i don't think it's a coincidence.

anyway, i'm not gonna argue on about this shit. if you guys wanna be commies about the board, go ahead and let it die gradually.

bebo

whoa now blondie, those posts are clearly before the dick pill spam bots got banned