Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Hello blixa

Started by your sister gets me hard, May 18, 2010, 06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frequency_Chemist

Quote from: E-Money on Jan 12, 2011, 10:18 PM
Bixla, I hope your not near this awful flooding I'm seeing on TV! 

Dude I saw that today and was wondering if she was myself.

blixa

the flooding is in queensland. i live further south in new south wales although it has started creeping into northern nsw and a few areas had to be evacuated also. i have a lot of friends in brisbane though. most of them had to evacuate. it's beyond horrible. brisbane is a very happening place. i'm still shocked. i turn the telly on and it's like, that CANNOT be queensland. one thing about queensland though, it is the toughest state in australia. the people there are unbelievably strong in spirit. it sounds like a cliche thing to say but it's the truth. they're very community based. they stick together. ipswich looked to be the hardest hit although toowoomba looked devastating as well, and toowoomba sort of sits on a mountain. i cannot believe it went under.

thanks for being worried though.

bright lights, big city

yeah yesterday, nbc was saying the brisbane situation is worse than new orleans during katrina. what would make things worse for me is all the shit in the water that's everywhere. mainly those huge australian snakes. ewwwwww.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

E-Money

Quote from: blixa on Jan 13, 2011, 09:25 AM
the flooding is in queensland. i live further south in new south wales although it has started creeping into northern nsw and a few areas had to be evacuated also. i have a lot of friends in brisbane though. most of them had to evacuate. it's beyond horrible. brisbane is a very happening place. i'm still shocked. i turn the telly on and it's like, that CANNOT be queensland. one thing about queensland though, it is the toughest state in australia. the people there are unbelievably strong in spirit. it sounds like a cliche thing to say but it's the truth. they're very community based. they stick together. ipswich looked to be the hardest hit although toowoomba looked devastating as well, and toowoomba sort of sits on a mountain. i cannot believe it went under.

thanks for being worried though.

Glad ur ok.  I saw it all over the news and it looks devastating. 

blixa

i missed the first oprah in australia episode. my friend sent me an email to sum it up for me:

I was expecting to be horrified and offended but I was mainly just bored. Anyway, here are some thoughts:

* I wonder if the American version had a warning that it may contain images and voices of Aboriginal people who have died?

* Why do all visitors to Australia wear Akubra hats? What a stupid cliché. At least she didn't wear thongs and ugg boots and Speedos. YET.

* Speaking of clichés, why does every Australian journalist have to ask visitors if they like Australia when they have literally just stepped off the plane. STFU Australians.

* I am confused as to why an American would find Australians friendly. Have you never been to Sydney? Make eye contact with someone and they will suck your soul out with a straw to teach you a lesson about impertinence.

* KOALA. NOT KOALA BEAR. NOT A BEAR. ALRIGHT? NOT. A. BEAR.

* Ewww I wouldn't touch a koala. They look kinda dirty. I was amused by them having sex on screen though. Awkward.

* Curtis Stone is the most boring and least sexually attractive man on Earth.

* One of the guests has never been in the ocean. WEIRD. Maybe it's because Americans don't live on the coast as much as we do? All our capital cities have sea ports. EVEN THE INLAND ONE.

* Ewwww people singing Waltzing Matilda? I hate that song. Cliché central. Why do all the Americans know the words to I Still Call Australia Home?

* How come they let the people who can't swim into the Barrier Reef? They'll die and we'll be blamed.

* "You may call it Melbourrrrrrrrne but the Aussies call it Melbourne" Uh, yeah I think we decide how it's pronounced TYVM.

* At least they didn't refer to Uluru as Ayers Rock. Oprah was actually really good at not objectifying the Aboriginal community there. I guess when you're from a racially subjugated group you're less likely to act like a privileged dickhead. Also, good on them for not climbing the rock.

* Oprah's remark about only God being able to create Uluru was BIZARRE. Also, why say that and then follow it up with a geological explanation for the rock formation? Doesn't that negate what she said about 'only God'?

* A minute of silence for Uluru? Give me a break.

* Dear Oprah, please don't randomly say "eh, mate?" No one does that.

* OH YOU DID NOT JUST CALL MELBOURNE THE CULTURAL CENTRE. Don't get into that argument, Oprah. What did I just tell you about the desire vitriolic retribution that lurks within the bosom of each Sydneysider? I can hear the knives sharpening.

* LEARN TO PRONOUNCE THINGS PLEASE. Having an American accent isn't an excuse for saying things totally and utterly the wrong way. Yarrr-rarrr River? Julia Gir-lard? Could you not have at least learned the Prime Minister's name? I should start saying President Oh-bay-mer. Ruuuuude, really.

* Hahah she just used 'mate' to mean ~sex partner~. LOL LOL LOL.

* No one says G-day.

* I found it interesting how they made everything look really green as pastoral, even Melbourne. It's like they digitally removed the CBD skyscrapers. Seriously!

chick de la lynch

I would believe it if someone never went into an ocean before. In the states the only places that have beaches are the ones near a huge body of water (California, Florida, New York, etc.) Many people who visit California just come for the beaches. When I was in Austin a couple of weeks ago my cousin was going on about how she wanted to come back to Cali just to go into the water. I grew up regularly going to beaches, so I really don't understand what makes the beach so damn special but I guess if I wasn't raised in Southern California I'd want to go to a beach, too.

blixa

i can't stand the beach! i only like it when it's night time and it's winter or autumn otherwise i won't be caught dead near one. i prefer swimming in dams or a river.

bright lights, big city

don't make me bring back the steve-o pic.

lakes and oceans are where it's at. thank god i have lake michigan. the first 2 things that come to mind when i think of rivers is lots of mud and lots of pollution. gross.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

wheresmysnare

Quote from: blixa on Jan 20, 2011, 11:54 AM
i can't stand the beach! i only like it when it's night time and it's winter or autumn otherwise i won't be caught dead near one. i prefer swimming in dams or a river.

Is your icon photo ironic?! I don't mind beaches, but I bet the beaches in australia are a 24/7 sweat fest where you basically sit there frying

chick de la lynch

I love the beach at night, and that's pretty much the only time I'll ever go near one. Word of advice: fooling around on the beach isn't as fun and sexy as you think it might be. You get all sandy and uncomfortable. It's not good, sexy fun.

blixa

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Jan 20, 2011, 07:20 PM

Is your icon photo ironic?! I don't mind beaches, but I bet the beaches in australia are a 24/7 sweat fest where you basically sit there frying

watch disco pigs (where my icon is from). when you come to the ending you will see exactly how i feel about the beach. there are some beaches where i simply don't want to go to because they are packed all the time.

the only beach i really love is newcastle beach. it is beautiful. the best beach for bonfires. i only like to go to beaches when it's dark out.

bright lights, big city

what, are you emo?
DERP

blixa

i'm a total emo!

blixa

forget the tennis. the australian open is all about this:

he did a double wedgie whammy tonight. both front and back picked. god love him!

bright lights, big city

doesn't beat this though:
Mark Sanchez wipes a booger on Mark Brunell

ahh the ol' pick and wipe (on someone else)
DERP

blixa

i'm so unlucky in love. *insert cliche statement here*

blixa

OH, NAH. I ALREADY GOT CLICHE ON MY OWN ARSE THERE, DIDN'T I?

I SURE FUCKING DID.

blixa

i'm devastated that my brother pulled out this fig tree from his back garden. he totally concretted the area. it looks ugly but i guess it works better for him because he's a mechanic and he needed that space to work. it was such a beautiful area. i used to sit there all the time, reading and doing everything else.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: blixa on Jan 26, 2011, 02:36 PM
i'm so unlucky in love. *insert cliche statement here*
Quote from: blixa on Jan 26, 2011, 02:36 PM
OH, NAH. I ALREADY GOT CLICHE ON MY OWN ARSE THERE, DIDN'T I?

I SURE FUCKING DID.
the fuck?
DERP

blixa

no one wants me it seems. maybe that's inaccurate because that comment is sort of insinuating that no one from this entire earth is interested in me, but i'm just sayin'...fuck this. i don't care. i cared last night but i don't today. there is a pretty boy at work that i want to hold in my arms but it's not meant to be.

BECAUSE I BELONG WITH JULIAN ASSANGE.