Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Hello blixa

Started by your sister gets me hard, May 18, 2010, 09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

your sister gets me hard

chick de la lynch

Blerg! You beat me to the punch. I was going to make a thread for her.

Anyway, hello! =)

Law

Hello me hearty and fellow dreamer.

blixa

Crazylegs

I thought you already had a thread. Perhaps you just posted so much in Adam's thread i subconsciously believed it to be yours.

bright lights, big city

hellllooooo fellow lostie
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

Quote from: Crazylegs on May 21, 2010, 04:46 PM
I thought you already had a thread. Perhaps you just posted so much in Adam's thread i subconsciously believed it to be yours.

yeah, he's my betch.

Crazylegs

He most certainly is.
How are you doing this afternoon or whatever? I don't know what time is it down there.

blixa

it's night. it's almost one in the morning. i should shower. i've been running around all day today and i got a long shift at work tomorrow.

the halfway house exhibition i am involved in is on wednesday, which is the same night as the season finale of lost. i'm ditching the opening night of the exhibition and going home to watch lost. i don't really like opening nights anyway. i have to walk around and talk to art critics and lecturers. they never have the beer i like and the wine is never the one i can drink. i almost always end up crying at the end of the night too. there's been so much pressure and stress already.

Crazylegs

Haha. Lost sounds like a good alternative then. Not a fan of attention, are you?

blixa

i just don't like the whole ordeal of the opening night of exhibitions. it's always too loud and you can never find your friends. you get passed around like a candy stick so everyone can have a lick. i never ever figure out whether i'm under dressed for openings or everyone else is just over dressed.

the only good thing about it is that you get drunk and are able to talk to the people you wouldn't normally have the guts to talk to. i hope i don't win anything because i ain't going to be there.

plus, you know, i want to know if jack and kate get together.

bright lights, big city

ha that's amazing reasoning! hopefully we don't spoil anything for you before wednesday, because the finale is airing for us on sunday night. 4 and a half hours of lost. in 1 night. good god.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Law

Quote from: blixa on May 21, 2010, 05:24 PM
Quote from: Crazylegs on May 21, 2010, 04:46 PM

yeah, he's my betch.

haha I am not even graced with correct spelling!

chick de la lynch

My roommate is forcing the whole house to stay out of the living room Sunday night for the series finale. She got a little crazy when we were talking about planning a get together that night. You LOST fans are nuts.

blixa

i was planning to stay away from here until wednesday, which i will after this, but i was listening to the radio this morning and they started talking about lost and i was like "NO NO NO" but they just said that stephen fry (whom i love very much) tweeted: 'if you're a lost fan, you've just wasted the last six years of your life.'

OH SHEEEEET! i really respect stephen fry's opinion and i'm pretending i didn't know what he meant. if i'm missing the opening exhibition for a show i'm in then i'm hoping the finale is half decent.

OH MY GOD, SUCH TEMPTATION TO GO OVER TO THE LOST THREAD AND READ.

blixa

oh, and adam, betch is a lovable version of bitch. being a betch is a good thing.

chick de la lynch

I got my paper back (The one where I wrote about "The Last Meal" series). I got an A on it and my professor said he was glad I chose your work. He disagreed that the pieces were ironic. I'm still trying to figure out his argument against it. The presentation blew though because my group got pushed back twice and all of the groups got an hour to present their shows except ours -- we had 15 minutes. So unfortunately I had zip through it which ruined the presentation. Too bad. I think our group had the most interesting pieces. Everyone else focused on landscapes and shit.  :-\

blixa

heyyy, smarty pants. i always have to zip through presentations because someone has always gone on for too long.

did i say it was ironic? i can't remember. i know a few lecturers thought i was being ironic with it but i wasn't. it was actually the most heartfelt work i've done and will ever do. it was me being at my most serious.

chick de la lynch

That was pretty much how it went. However the longest presentations were the people who weren't prepared and had no clue what they were talking about, which is always aggravating.

I mentioned in presentation the irony of capitol punishment. Maybe to some people that makes sense but I think it's ironic (And stupid).

blixa

that's interesting. i think a lot of people had differing opinions about that work. it was great because i didn't have to delve into my reasonings for this and that.

i came to look at punishment in a new way. there's this philosophical view of punishment that's called "the expressivist theory of punishment". they say that the goal of punishment is not to give people what they deserve, which is hard to make sense of, and not just to deter future crime, but to publicly express your condemenation of an act. punishment is the only way to express moral condemnation of an act or system. if you don't punish the culprits, you're sending an implicit message that the act is morally acceptable. and nothing can stop you from applying that to responsibility. that's the new way to look at responsibility, as expressing our condemnation.

but most punishment does not deter, except for a very short period of time. there are so many factors that go into producing any kind of crime that a deterrent effect can't have that much influence. most people don't even know that someone got arrested in new hampshire, or arizona, or alaska for something and is on death row. so how can it be a deterrent for someone living in san francisco? it's like what philip zimbardo said, the notion that we as a society want to express our revulsion about this kind of act makes sense - that it's an expression of a public consensus that this is wrong and that we will not tolerate it.