Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Hello blixa

Started by your sister gets me hard, May 18, 2010, 09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blixa

i feel sick to my stomach about opening the email with my results from this year in it. my stomach is seriously turning and i feel like chucking up. i can't do this! i'm afraid i'll see a giant 'F' after every class.

oh, mother mary, give me strength.

bright lights, big city

oh quit your whining, i'm sure you aced 'em all, umm... ace.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

it's cool. just checked. everything over 80%. i got a 93 for honours paper class. that's a big deal for me. i aced science and religion too.

bright lights, big city

everything's coming up Mazzy then
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

yeah, they're ok. i could've done better if i tried a bit harder.

bright lights, big city

hey you sound like me. laziness is a virtue. that was my excuse.
DERP

chick de la lynch

Congrats on the good marks! I should make you look at my final grades...well, once they're up. :P

blixa

i was talking to my lecturer who failed her honours year. she was like, "grades are bullshit, but don't tell anyone i said that." she's the head of the the photomedia department hahaha.

i don't need grades to tell me i'm intelligent. i think it's the whole trying to get my dad to appreciate my abilities. it's always about daddy it seems.

bright lights, big city

Oh I see... Haha. Seriously though she's right. Grades mean shit in the real world. It's really all about who you know, as long as you don't completely fail.

This has been mark's random words of wisdom
DERP

chick de la lynch

Grades don't signify intelligence, but rather if you did your work. I know plenty of idiots who got A's and I would hardly call them smart.

blixa

grades are important if you're looking to do a masters or a phd. especially if you want to get a scholarship, which i will look into in 2012-13. i think most people know that grades aren't everything but academically they are a big deal if you want to get further education later on. i'm not well off financially so any $$$ is needed and if that means getting the grades then i have to get the grades. the thing is most of the people in my major come from well to do families and they didn't have to work crazy hours like i did to pay for things like film, processing, printing, framing, transport etc. i could have done so much better had i worked less but that wasn't a luxury i was able to afford. i did the best i could in the situation i was in.

chick de la lynch

I took two photo classes in one semester and that nearly killed my bank account. Film, photo paper, equipment, lab fees...it just adds up. I'm still in junior college, so you see a lot of the students going to school and working full time, which is admirable. Doesn't make studying or doing school work any easier. I really don't know too many people who rely solely on their parents' money. Most of them have jobs.

blixa

my friend worked 51 hours a week and did uni full time. it was crazy. she got okay grades (mostly a 70%-75% average). she's the smartest person i know. she's very perceptive. incredible mind. my lecturer was saying how her whole degree cost $500 back in the old days and here i am, thousands of dollars in HECS debt.

it's so fucking hard. you don't even know how it feels to have money because it never lasts long enough to appreciate it properly. i have this guilt complex now. i can't even spend money on myself to buy something i actually need.

chick de la lynch

I don't know how college tuition got so high. California has raised tuition this year and it is hurting a lot of students. I am positive I'm going to have to pull out a loan if I transfer to university. I can't pay it any other way.

Every time I pay for food, school supplies or my bills I get really depressed. I can hear my bank account shrinking.

blixa

last night i had a vivid sex dream about julian assange. perhaps due to reading about the detail of the alleged rapes, we very specifically had unprotected sex. in the dream i thought it was really amazing and meant we had a deep connection. BULLSHIT in reality. i get pissed off when people try to suggested that unprotected sex = true love. i've never had unprotected sex. i'm genuinely curious to know if it feels different but i think i would literally need the guy to be sterilised and present me with a clear STD test. does it feel different? tell me, oh sexually experienced ones.

i think that the sexy wikileaks dream was based on a recent accusation that i speak like him. of course i do. everyone who was raised in australia speaks like julian assange. maybe it was a reference to the way both of us kind of talk into our pallets and end up with a kind of muffled, nasal voice.

chick de la lynch

Unprotected sex feels different from protected sex in a good way. Condoms have pinched me in the past, which is not fun. I never viewed unprotected sex as something signifying true love. I have had it a few times in the past and I regret it just because it's one of the dumbest things you can do. It's okay if you're in a monogamous relationship, however, I was not. It was a fuck buddy relationship. My partner did get tested, though.

My good friend can't stand condoms. She absolutely hates them because they dry her out, so she tries to avoid them by all means necessary. She has her partners get tested immediately so that way she ditch the condom (She's on birth control). I think it's great she's having her partners get tested, but I still think she should use a condom just to be on the safe side. Birth control is not 100% effective.

Penicks

unprotected sex is True Sex

it is flesh against flesh

it is your body connecting with your partner's

it is something very primeval, a condom would ruin it because it's a wall preventing you from becoming absolutely one with your lover

blixa

Quote from: Penicks on Dec 11, 2010, 01:47 PM

it is something very primeval, a condom would ruin it because it's a wall preventing you from becoming absolutely one with your lover

that is such a typical male response hahaha someone making me a rissotto is true love, darling.

Penicks

i never said anything about love

chick de la lynch

Quote from: blixa on Dec 11, 2010, 03:34 PM
Quote from: Penicks on Dec 11, 2010, 01:47 PM

that is such a typical male response hahaha someone making me a rissotto is true love, darling.

Haha, it is a typical male response.

If a guy spills out some romantic lines to you Mariam about not using a condom, then dump his ass. It's not worth it. Make sure he also doesn't pressure you into having sex. If he cares about you, he'll wait.