Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Music for road trips.

Started by Sushi-X, May 20, 2010, 05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sushi-X

Going on a trip this friday. And i'm building a nice play list of songs for the drive to and back. Anyone have any awesome songs they enjoy listening to a during a long drive? 

Rocket Skates '94

E-Money

U can't go wrong with Sublime. Everyone digs them and their great for cruising on a sunny day! 

bright lights, big city

good thread topic! if it's a long drive, i usually pop in some post-rock or some instrumental stuff. i don't know if you're into the genre or not, but maybe Sigur Ros or God Is An Astronaut or Explosions in the Sky.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Sushi-X

Quote from: stapezee on May 20, 2010, 06:09 AM
U can't go wrong with Sublime. Everyone digs them and their great for cruising on a sunny day!  

I have their s/t  album, which other one would you recommend

Quote from: bright lights, big city on May 20, 2010, 06:11 AM
good thread topic! if it's a long drive, i usually pop in some post-rock or some instrumental stuff. i don't know if you're into the genre or not, but maybe Sigur Ros or God Is An Astronaut or Explosions in the Sky.

yup totally into it, got some instrumental stuff, like talkdemonic, toroise, and tarentel. What would you recommend from EITS

Rocket Skates '94

defskull

Post-rock seems too chill for a road trip.  You want something that will keep you energized.  Something upbeat. Yeah?

the deft ones

Quote from: defskull on May 20, 2010, 08:19 AM
Post-rock seems too chill for a road trip.  You want something that will keep you energized.  Something upbeat. Yeah?

I always enjoy driving to White Zombie's La Sexorcisto.
However I tend to speed whilst doing so!!

Sublime's a good one. Mars Volta works for me too.

E-Money

U need to pick up 40 Ounces to Freedom.  Or u could grab their Greatest Hits. 

If your riding with friends maybe play some Chili Peppers, I think they make some pretty chill driving music.  Also the classics, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, Hendrix.  Cant go wrong with any of these.  A lot of my friends dont really dig the music I'm into so when we go on road trips I try to just have the classics in my whip.  But nothing beats Sublime and a lit blunt with the windows down cruising!!  ;)

Sushi-X

Already got a good selection of upbeat and energetic songs. Pst- rock is cool for like when your driving back at night, which i plan to do, that's why i asked what would he recommend

Quote from: the deft ones on May 20, 2010, 08:22 AM

I always enjoy driving to White Zombie's La Sexorcisto.
However I tend to speed whilst doing so!!

Sublime's a good one. Mars Volta works for me too.

which mars volta tracks do you suggest?

Quote from: stapezee on May 20, 2010, 08:31 AM
U need to pick up 40 Ounces to Freedom.  Or u could grab their Greatest Hits. 

If your riding with friends maybe play some Chili Peppers, I think they make some pretty chill driving music.  Also the classics, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, Hendrix.  Cant go wrong with any of these.  A lot of my friends dont really dig the music I'm into so when we go on road trips I try to just have the classics in my whip.  But nothing beats Sublime and a lit blunt with the windows down cruising!!  ;)

SHIT i wish. but my friend is so anal about drugs.  >:(

Rocket Skates '94

chick de la lynch

Exactly. When I was driving with a friend to SoCal from NorCal we listened to a lot of 90's music. I think it's good to have something to sing along to when driving. But if you're looking for something just to listen to but still keep you awake, this is music I enjoy listening to while driving:

Queens of the Stone Age - Era Vulgaris
Brand New - Deja Entendu
Glassjaw - Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Silence
The Smiths - Louder than Bombs
The Streets - A Grand Don't Come for Free
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Duke Ellington - His Very Best
Black Flag - Damaged
Matthew Good Band - Beautiful Midnight

the deft ones

In regards to Volta, they're a little bit difficult to highlight just one track.
I'd say take a whole album as they kinda work better that way - if it was me it'd be either Amputechture or The Bedlam in Goliath.

BUT, if you're making a mixtape (which you are) it all depends on how much you have heard of them before, their music is so subjective.

I'd recommend:
Meccamputechture/Day of the baphomets - Amputechture
Wax Simulcara/Ouroborous - Bedlam
Televators - Deloused in the comatorium

That probably doesn't help at all.. haha

Crazylegs

get some audiobooks. Always nice for a long drive.