Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Smashing Pumpkins - What the **** happened to this band?

Started by pinkmaggit, May 24, 2010, 06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkmaggit

I thought that Zeitgeist was the worst thing that Smashing Pumpkins could possibly put out - but man was I wrong.
I had pretty much lost all interest in this band after that album and decided on not listening to anything more they would put out so as not to ruin the memory of their previous albums.
Curiosity got the better of me and I decided to check their website.What a mistake!!!!
I should have stuck to my original intentions as Billy Corgans latest piece of trash has completely ruined their legacy for me.
Jimmy Chamberlain was apparently fired ,,, again!!! and the with the rubbish that Corgan is putting out now he should consider himself lucky.
I had a listen to the latest batch of tunes and they are shocking.His vocals are terrible and I was someone who actually really liked Corgans voice before and the lyrics are really juvenile.I won't type out any of the lyrics but you have to hear them to believe it, it is so ridiculous.In one of the songs Billy whines little 'oh oh oh's' about 100 times.I had a look at the board and it seems even the most hard core fans are fed up with the lack of quality - the album is supposed to be free (seemingly because it's too rubish for anyone to want to buy) and the songs take about 2 months to come out.Apparently there are supposed to be 44 songs - so that's a long wait..
Apparently Corgan has lost his mind and has these weird spiritual rants and even claims to have talked to an alien being????? WTF????
What has happened hear - this used to be a really really great band!

Sushi-X

It happens to a lot of bands. But with the pumpkins it's mostly due to Billy being a control freak and losing a bit of his mind. What really pissed me off is how he licensed 'Today' to a fuckin Mastercard ad.

Rocket Skates '94

Jacob

I always hated Billy Corgan. they've done some really good songs, but I just can't stand his voice.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

theis

RoyalDeftonicBoy

chick de la lynch

I refuse to listen to any of their new stuff. I still think they put out some great music during the 90's.

SX King

Quote from: chick de la lynch on May 25, 2010, 05:57 AM
I refuse to listen to any of their new stuff. I still think they put out some great music during the 90's.

I agree. Siamese Dream was a good album.

Oldnewtype

Aliens are the basis of all earthly life and religion. Maybe Billy's ba-ba-ba-battery is dead.

oh btw that song United States off of Zeitgeist was awesome, but thats probably just because of Chamberlains drumming.

Crazylegs

oh, and Chamberlin wasn't fired was he. I thought he quit. Good for him either way. Jimmy Chamberlin Complex > Smashing Pumpkins post y2k.

Sushi-X

Well there was an article with Billy in rs and it implied that Jimmy was indeed fired. But who knows what really happened

Rocket Skates '94

defskull

Quote from: Oldnewtype on May 25, 2010, 08:06 PM
Maybe Billy's ba-ba-ba-battery is dead.

Haha is this referencing Chino at Pinkpop 2003?  If so, awesome. 

sing blue silver

well they were formed, sucked for a long time, finally broke up, got back together, sucked a bunch more and continue to suck to this day. i never liked them.

fireflyry

The first two albums were good imo.Billy then seemed to get a bloated head over his self-supposed genius and importance.

He was quite a polite guy but any interview after Mellon Collie and you could see he was pretty up himself.

One of the best live bands I've seen though and  Jimmy Chamberlin was/is a kick ass drummer.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

ben

E-Money

Their one of my favorite bands. Billy is the shit. Weird as can be but still the shit.

raynor

Jimmy Chamberlin Complex was (is?) great! Needs to release more for sure.

wheresmysnare

Let's be honest now, Billy Corgan is smashing pumpkins, so it seems fair for him to piss off their fan base if he likes. The rest of the band have the feeling of session muscians and all the charisma of a wet flannel.

Jimmy is a very good and technically minded drummer, plays clean and keeps time with his hi-hat foot constantly, which i actually find annoying but never the less. However, he has the presence of a school teacher.

The fact what Billy is producing now is 'substandard' is because i think he's stopped trying to hark back and please fans of 90's music and just release random stuff in a random fashion.

skinnypuppy

Whether or not Billy wrote all the good and bad material that SP ever put out does not change the fact that he is and has been a horrible songwriter for the last decade. I honestly think, whether they wrote material or not, all the original members truly inspired Billy in a way that cannot be recreated.

devilinside

I always liked them. I listened to them just the other day. Ava Adore <3

Nebontha

QuoteWhat the **** happened to this band?
it's just like how Stephen Carpenter said it in an interview I saw on YouTube:
"...it all became about Billy (Corgan) and his bald head..."

or something to that extent
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.