Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

R.I.P Paul Gray

Started by Vesanic, May 24, 2010, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mono

what a fucking sad notice :/

Subliminal

Quote from: White Pwny on May 24, 2010, 10:23 PM
that's the greatest thing about it.... you can rock out.. or you can mellow out.  It's NOT just ONE thing.   Liam is a hugeeee Slipknot fan.. I hope he's cool.   

Thanks Cyn I'm cool, I'm seriously shocked though, I seriously feel like crying.. I can't believe it. Not only was he the core writer of the band, he was also very humble and grateful for his success in Slipknot. Use to read his Myspace blogs and shit, the guy was awesome.

This is the end of Slipknot, they've always said they wouldn't carry on without all original 9 members. I feel really gutted for the guys and his pregnant wife. RIP Paul!

sing blue silver

i loved slipknot in junior high and paul was always my favorite for some reason. i can't really stand their music anymore but that makes it no less tragic.

Vesanic

The end of Slipknot. Damn, man, I don't like their music but that sure does make you feel something.

Variable

Strange to think about

Subliminal

Despite the criticisms of Slipknot, I still truly believed their next album would've pushed them to headlining a stadium show (not that it's the ultimate goal in a bands life) but to think that if they should carry on and it happened, it would be without their brother who was there for every stage of it all.

Ahh man it's fuckin' sad :(

Deftones-argentina

Paul was one of the most important members of the band concerning work ethic and unity, and as Liam said really humble. I remember reading an interview with him and he was really down to earth and had this cool vibe of somebody who felt blessed. A fucking pitty, another life and a lot of dreams were murdered by drugs again.

Jacob

listening to the s/t record now. I had forgotten how good some of these songs are.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

White Pwny

Paul Gray Interview Unmasked

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on May 24, 2010, 11:34 PM
Paul was one of the most important members of the band concerning work ethic and unity, and as Liam said really humble. I remember reading an interview with him and he was really down to earth and had this cool vibe of somebody who felt blessed. A fucking pitty, another life and a lot of dreams were murdered by drugs again.
:(
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Vesanic

That makes me think... We're lucky that Chi is alive...

wax

dio, brit murphys huband, now paul  :'(

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: White Pwny on May 24, 2010, 10:17 PMif you think this song sucks.... or that Corey has no talent..   your ears are broken.  Period.

My ears aren't broken. I just like GOOD music.

And it's about time these assholes started dying. I've put up with their trash going into my ears for too fucking long.

inb4 flame

defTHE1s

what a fucking sad notice to start the week with... :(
i was thinking a lot of things while reading this news, but i can conclude.... we're lucky CHI is still alive...

we'll miss you, #2 :'(

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Vesanic

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on May 25, 2010, 04:35 AM
And it's about time these assholes started dying.

Please, tell me you weren't serious.

fireflyry

Sad news, especially since I read he was expecting a child.

Not the biggest Slipknot fan but I respect them for bringing harder music to the kids, have met many younger metal heads that quote Slipknot as being one of the bands that first got them into metal

Shitloads better than being into The Jonas Brothers or Justin Bieber imho.

Any man that played in Unida gets my respect.

R.I.P

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Vesanic

This is what you see when you type in the slipknot website name in your browser:

Variable

The "all hope is gone" in the background seems slightly ironic now

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on May 25, 2010, 04:35 AM
Quote from: White Pwny on May 24, 2010, 10:17 PMif you think this song sucks.... or that Corey has no talent..   your ears are broken.  Period.

My ears aren't broken. I just like GOOD music.

And it's about time these assholes started dying. I've put up with their trash going into my ears for too fucking long.

inb4 flame
and I heart you josh

White Pwny

Psh, Trey you would.....

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Boo hoo hoo, a shitty musician I never even met died. I'm gonna go cry now.

White Pwny

I'm not crying....   it's sadness that music that I have been listening to.... is over now...  they will be done. 

Quite similar to what I'm sure some NON Deftones fans were saying when this happened to Chi...  Ohhh boo hoo.. some shitty musician is in a coma... blah blah...  when quite the contrary... he was NOT a shitty musician... and he happened to be a great human being.