Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

R.I.P Paul Gray

Started by Vesanic, May 24, 2010, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

;)

Hey, you're talking to the Sharing Lungs 2008 Best member and sexiest male.  And don't you ever forget it.

Variable

No I'm really not trying to sound like a tool though.  I think it was just Cory.  It almost just seemed like he was putting on a show to me or something.  But I'm pretty sure I'm looking way too far into it. 
I hope that video provided some healing for the fans.  There aren't too many artist or celebrities that could die and it would affect me a great deal.  But if something did happen to one of them, I would appreciate something like this.

fireflyry

Dang you have chilled.Wicked.

Oh and grats on the sexiest male award but wearing uniforms give you an advantage

: p

I'm far from the biggest fan but it's clear these guys are buds.Having to do crap like a that probably pisses them off more than anyone else.Imagine one of your best buds passing only to then have to do a press release explaining your "feelings" on the matter.

Fuck that.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Variable

Yeah I recently had a friend die in Afghanistan and I was a little upset that I didn't get to go to his funeral or talk to his father.  But then when I really thought about it, I wouldn't want to have to stand in front of anyone and say what I was thinking or have anyone ask me any questions I may not want to answer.  I think sometimes things are best left in our memories, but not aloud.  No body would every be able to truly understand his impact on my life or the experiences we shared together.  I could tell people that I wouldn't be alive today if it were not for him, but they would not understand the degree of that statement.  As much as I would love to share with his father, the impact his son had on my life, I just know he would never truly know what I was talking about. 
So, maybe thats why some of their statements seemed cliche.  Maybe they wanted to say something to help their fans, but wanted to keep it simple, knowing that if they really put themselves out there, nobody would truly get it.

Variable

Oh and yeah the uniform helps for sure.  But I also have a butt chin, so really you guys never stood a chance. 

Vesanic

Quote from: Variable on May 26, 2010, 02:44 PM
I was being ironic.

Me too, moron. ;D

But I agree on one point, I think that Corey was being too... Well I don't know, but whatever it is, it was too much.

But seeing the old Jordison like this was painful, seriously.

fireflyry

Quote from: Variable on May 26, 2010, 03:53 PM
I think sometimes things are best left in our memories, but not aloud.  No body would every be able to truly understand his impact on my life or the experiences we shared together.

Fuckin A.

Most of us have had similar experiences.I guess I admire the fact Slipknot made the effort when it's the last thing I would want to do.

Quote from: Variable on May 26, 2010, 03:54 PM
But I also have a butt chin, so really you guys never stood a chance. 

Variable:

Fireflyry:

You win.

:-[

Vesanic

Variable

Quote from: Vesanic on May 26, 2010, 04:29 PM
Quote from: Variable on May 26, 2010, 02:44 PM
I was being ironic.

Me too, moron. ;D

But I agree on one point, I think that Corey was being too... Well I don't know, but whatever it is, it was too much.

But seeing the old Jordison like this was painful, seriously.
Very well then.  I am running on zero sleep right now.  I had to do a test today where I had to stay up all night.  Then I just decided to stick it out instead of taking a nap after so that I can actually sleep tonight.  So I might be even slower than usual today. 

But what is "the old Jordison"?

Quote from: fireflyry on May 26, 2010, 04:42 PM
Quote from: Variable on May 26, 2010, 03:53 PM
I think sometimes things are best left in our memories, but not aloud.  No body would every be able to truly understand his impact on my life or the experiences we shared together.

Fuckin A.

Most of us have had similar experiences.I guess I admire the fact Slipknot made the effort when it's the last thing I would want to do.

But I also have a butt chin, so really you guys never stood a chance. 

Variable:

Fireflyry:

You win.

:-[

lol.  Hey, ill take it where I can get it

Vesanic

Quote from: Variable on May 26, 2010, 05:02 PM
But what is "the old Jordison"?

Joey Jordison, the drummer, the guy with the long hair, next to Gray's wife.

Variable

Oh, I only knew him by his first name.  but yeah, he seemed a bit beside himself

theis

Weird to see them without masks. The "Clown" looks nothing like I would've imagined.

Gotta admit, even though I've always despised them, their newest album is pretty good.

Variable

I didn't give them the time of day for the longest time because of the whole mask gimmick.  I just thought it was lame as shit.  But then I heard Vermillion on the radio one day and really liked it.  So I bought the subliminal verses and listened to it and loved it.  After that I just kind of figured that they were just having fun being a metal band, not taking themselves too serious, and thats kind of cool. 

But the guys wearing the hats and sunglasses.  Do you think they did that because they still really don't want their faces out there?

fireflyry

I dug what Paul said in the vid link.

Would be funny as shit to play a gig, rip the mask off, and then go have a beer with the punters and hear nothing but "Man that band sucked balls".

I'd giggle anyway.

devilinside

wax

But I also have a butt chin,

like my dad always said, 'better to have a butt chin than a chin butt'

defskull

Quote from: Variable on May 26, 2010, 06:49 PM

But the guys wearing the hats and sunglasses.  Do you think they did that because they still really don't want their faces out there?

I was thinking they were wearing sunglasses because they really don't want to be spilling out all these emotions in a press conference and would rather hide it.  I don't know, maybe not.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: Bergerac on May 25, 2010, 11:57 PM
Well, Scissors was my favourite of their songs, and the breakdown at the end I consider to be the heaviest thing done in metal yet. It's not necessarily the loudest, or the fastest, but it's the heaviest because it has the angriest atmosphere of anything.

Not to butt into this sob-fest thread and ruin the mood again, but I'd just like to point out that that is complete bullshit.

First of all, that is completely a matter of opinion and second, I really don't think that "heaviness" is defined even REMOTELY by anger. In fact, all of the heaviest music I've ever heard has nothing to do with anger at all. For example, I would consider anything in the entire genre of doom or drone to be way fucking heavier than anything done by Slipknot ever and fuck man, most of those bands write songs about wizards, trolls and smoking weed. Never about how pissed off they are at the world.

Jacob

dude, are you trying to piss people off? this is a thread about slipknot and paul gray, if you want to give someone shit for their opinions on heavy music do it elsewhere.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Variable

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on May 27, 2010, 04:06 AM
Quote from: Bergerac on May 25, 2010, 11:57 PM
Well, Scissors was my favourite of their songs, and the breakdown at the end I consider to be the heaviest thing done in metal yet. It's not necessarily the loudest, or the fastest, but it's the heaviest because it has the angriest atmosphere of anything.

Not to butt into this sob-fest thread and ruin the mood again, but I'd just like to point out that that is complete bullshit.

First of all, that is completely a matter of opinion and second, I really don't think that "heaviness" is defined even REMOTELY by anger. In fact, all of the heaviest music I've ever heard has nothing to do with anger at all. For example, I would consider anything in the entire genre of doom or drone to be way fucking heavier than anything done by Slipknot ever and fuck man, most of those bands write songs about wizards, trolls and smoking weed. Never about how pissed off they are at the world.
I just listened to that.  I would say the end of "beware" is heavier than that